Reviews for Hit the Road
ClementineEverettAlways chapter 1 . 10/20/2014
Very promising start.
zackhalifa420 chapter 8 . 9/17/2014
You should continue this gorram awesome story because I would like read more LiLee stories.
asdasdasd chapter 5 . 8/26/2014
i love yo stories
LordSkarlet chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
This definitely deserves a sequel for sure, interested to know what happens to Lee, Lilly & Clem after blasting out of Georgia with that tank. Lee & Lilly stories always interest me and this might the best one out there. Keep up the good work writing.
leafs nation chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
Okay, I know it's been over a year since you wrote this, but I just wanted you to know that this was EXTREMELY well done. I wanted to leave with Lilly so badly after she offered, but of course that didn't happen sadly. As you can probably tell, I always liked Lilly more than Carley - Lilly seemed just way more capable to me, and she was the one always making the big group decisions. Sure, she snapped and killed Carley/Doug in the end, but that just made it more interesting to me. Anyway, loved it and I'd love it even more if you'd make a sequel!
Sam chapter 6 . 5/27/2014
Awesome! I always prefered Lilly over Kenny. This story seems better than what happened in the game. I think coming with Lilly was a better idea than staying with the rest of the group because Lee wouldn't have risked his life as in episode 5 when he got bitten. I also love how you portrayed lilly as the hero in this story.
Guest chapter 8 . 2/22/2014
Love it
Guest chapter 8 . 10/31/2013
Amazing! Please continue this story please its so awesome!
Soon . again chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
What the fu-? ... Sorry for posting that essay twice. I honestly dunno what happened there. o_O Can you remove reviews? If not, you just got two ... and now three! Wahey!
SoonTheApocalypse chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
Great story. I always thought a possible romance between Lee & Lilly was an interesting concept, and was annoyed that TellTale decided to go with the easier (and much less interesting) combo of Lee & Carley in episode 3 (not that I saw that first time around, choosing Doug for my initial playthrough an' all). As for the story, well your writing style was pretty solid and your depiction of the characters was amazing (I only disagreed with your characterizations on a handful of occasions, which considering this story is about a character as complex and layered as Lilly is saying something). I could go into detail about the things I disagree with, but I'm not sure if there's a character limit for replies and this is already going to be long as hell, so ... yeah. There were a few inaccuracies that I feel need to be nit-picked, however (just because I'm an arse like that and I consider myself pretty knowledgeable about TWD game) - firstly, you make out in the story that Lilly is only versed in military weaponry and vehicles because of her father, Larry, when actually Lilly HERSELF was a fully trained combatant. Although her every day job was administrative, she originally trained (and served) as a soldier. Several lines of dialogue in the game (mainly in episode 2) allude to her training, and if you re-enter the St-Johns dining room after Lee leaves to "wash his hands", you find Andy and Lilly making small talk and he says - "I hear you were military. See any action?" - and Lilly replies, rather modestly - "I ... actually have." Which shows that she herself fought in a war zone at least once before being "moved upstairs", as it were. And that brings me to the second inaccuracy - Lilly described herself in this fic as a "secretary". Now, the exact details of Lilly's previous job remain unclear, because her only comments on the subject are quite vague. However, I can comfortably rule out her having a secretarial role. Why? Because a secretary's job is to report to a figure of higher authority and slim their work load by handling the bulk of the paperwork. This ... is no way fits in with Lilly's character. Lilly walks into a room of strangers and automatically (as if by instinct) tries to seize control. Heck, her father, Larry, actually EXPECTS her to do this, and is disappointed with her when she fails to do so - "Goddamn it, Lilly! You have to CONTROL these people!" - showing that her every day work has her in control of a number of people. If Lee tells her to "Chill the fuck out, lady!" when he enters the drugstore, Lilly will reply - "Don't you come in here and swear at me!" - with the tone of a school teacher talking to a naughty pupil, which shows that she's not used to be talked down to or insulted by people (again indicating a high ranking position). Her character bio also states that she "has to deal with pushy military men all day, but the only man she submits to is her father, Larry", which shows that of these "pushy military men" she constantly has to deal with, none of them directly outrank her. Is she a military "big wig" (for want of a better term)? No, I doubt it. But she certainly doesn't seem to work directly under anyone in her day-to-day job. Whatever it is that she does - she's the boss. She probably has several secretaries working under HER. Judging by the fact that she says that she sometimes gets to deal directly with aircraft (unusual for an administrator), my bet would be that she's involved in management of some kind, perhaps handling transactions between different departments in the Air Force. That would also explain why she has to "deal with shitheads and bureaucrats all day". Of course Lilly, being a fully qualified soldier, would also have an assigned military rank, which is ... interesting to think about (Corporal? Sergeant? I certainly don't think she'd be any higher than Lieutenant, but I'd also be shocked if she were a mere Private), and poses the question as to why she was transferred from her field ops position to being a "pencil pusher", as it were. The two main reasons that I can think of are that she either didn't make it as a full-time soldier (unlikely, given her competence and composure in life threatening situations) or that the higher-ups noticed her organisation & leadership skills and figured she'd be better suited for management. Either way, it certainly explains why Lilly is such an angry & frustrated individual - she'd trained for years to become a gun-slinging badass and instead she gets stuck handling tedious paperwork every day. Ouch! As an aside, I also find it hard to believe that Lilly wouldn't at least know the basics to flying a plane (especially considering you had her operating a freaking TANK in this fanfic), but I have no in-game proof to back that up. Anyway, I think that about wraps up my nit-picking for today. I hope you don't take this as a negative review because, a few inaccuracies aside, this was a brilliantly written fic. It's just that Lilly was my favourite character from a game filled with amazing characters, so I like to correct people when they write things about her that I consider to be (or even KNOW to be) factually incorrect. I might check out your others fics at some point (although they mostly seem to be of the, erm ... "lemon" variety?), because I've just noticed while typing this that many of them are also about Lilly. Big Lilly fan, huh? Not many of those around. I don't know if you're still interested in TWD game these days but I'd love to get in touch with you and discuss the game/Lilly in greater detail if I can (yes, I know, he's got even MORE to say for himself, god forbid), but I don't think you're able to respond to individual reviews on this site, are you? Maybe I'll check your account again in a minute and see if it's got an e-mail address listed? So if you receive a random e-mail from a stranger ... it might just be me. I think I'll probably give you a chance to see this review before doing so, though. Feel free to ignore my mail when/if it comes ... if you like. As you can see, I can ramble people to death, so I'd understand if you ain't got time for dat! ;)
GirlMarioFan chapter 2 . 8/12/2013
O.O that was kinda akward yet adorable :D
Bellaswangirl71 chapter 8 . 7/26/2013
great story you should make a seaqule to this
Bluebirdo chapter 1 . 5/10/2013
Very intriguing premise; still have yet to read the rest of it, but this was one of the outcomes I tried for in the game, taking Clementine with me and Lilly. Kenny headed down a destructive path and all that. Looks very promising.
Guest chapter 8 . 3/3/2013
This story needs a sequel
Napoleon Wells chapter 8 . 2/21/2013
great read. pehaps you could come up with a sequal to this tale from the perspective of the others when lee and lilly left them at the abandon train. that would be interesting to read and see kenny and them could go at it on their own.

best wishes, from Napolen in chicago,il