Reviews for Modern Persuasion
excelente historia
edwardfiend chapter 5 . 7/21/2013
Great story! :)
kahhtina chapter 5 . 5/13/2013
I loved it! Thank you so much for writing this AU. :)
kahhtina chapter 2 . 5/13/2013
Ahhh, my heart! *flailing*
kahhtina chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
This is so good, oh my gosh! I've squealed so much already! :)
Gabz chapter 5 . 4/12/2013
This is great! Perssuasion is my all time favorite book. You did a really great job. I did sometimes wish for more details but other than that I really love this! I read this straight through in one sitting! Keep it up :)
Bboop chapter 5 . 2/23/2013
Ive read other 'modern versions' of Persuasion, and yours is by far the best one. True to the story and true to the modern times. I really enjoyed reading it
ModAusten chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
This is a well adapted version of Persuasion. The characters garner empathy and the story is easy to follow.
The only few issues I raise is, a) there are a few grammatical/spelling mistakes. Reading aloud (this does help!) through what you have already written can help you discover any errors.

and b) the pace you're writing at. For example, one paragraph you're describing the home of Mary and Charles, and the next she's there already, with a full-blown description of her babysitting duties and their dinner plans with the Musgrove family.
Don't ever be afraid to slow it down, draw it out, up the tension and describe things in greater, more vivid detail.

Also c), just a final hint, when writing speech, always begin it on a new line
(eg:
"I went to sleep really early last night." She yawned.
"Oh? What time did you go to bed?" he asked.)

...unless it's a continuation of a sentence.
(eg.
"I went to sleep really early last night." She yawned.
"Oh? What time did you go to bed?" he asked, "I thought the house was empty when I got home from work last night!")

I hope I don't sound like I'm flaming you (I'm not at all and i really want you to keep writing this so i can read more of it!) but I like to give useful writing hints to my fellow FF writers because I'm a grammar cop (i'm also a teacher-in-training, so sorry not sorry) :P

the (not-so-)modest ModAust
thekatmesiter chapter 5 . 2/18/2013
Thank you for completing your wonderful story. Alhough it was only five chapters, your character development was beyond amazing. Your Anne had an underlying strength of spirit that I really appreciated. Thank you again!
biancaruth chapter 5 . 2/15/2013
Good to know Josh is as bad as in canon. Congrats on the happy ever after!
Guest chapter 4 . 2/9/2013
I'm starting to like Josh, it's a good thing I know who his double is!
biancaruth chapter 3 . 1/27/2013
While I was confused at first I now think it's good how you skipped over the details of Louisa's accident. So Josh Marsh is Mr Ellot, interesting!
Lucy B chapter 2 . 1/1/2013
This story is so good, I check everyday for an update, Please update soon!
SSBronte chapter 2 . 12/30/2012
I cant wait for more!
toffeema chapter 2 . 12/19/2012
I really do like this story - please continue! :)