Reviews for A Flower For Your Thoughts
Reaper Nanashi chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
Mythril strings twice a month? Isn't mythril supposed to be obnoxiously strong, which is why it's always high on the list of rare items? Although I can certainly imagine Edward being picky about the quality of his harp strings, I don't think human fingers could acquire calluses thick enough to not be ripped apart by ones made of mythril . . . unless Edward wears padded leather gloves when he plays.

Anyway, this was a cute piece! It's painfully hilarious that Edward apparently never thought about bringing his complaints up with Harley in person—he clearly doesn't know his secretary as well as he thought he did. Silly bard.

—RN (LS)
Cats chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
The only minor nitpick I have with this story is that Harley specifically mentions in TAY that both her parents were killed during the war in the original game. I can judge by your profile wall o' text that you're not exactly fond of TAY, so I'm not sure if it was intentionally made AU as a result, or just an oversight.

But anyhow, I enjoyed this fic and thought it was cute. The ending especially got a "AWW!" from me after I read the notes at the end. I can definitely see Edward as feeling much more comfotable communicating poetically than being straight forward. Using plants to do it was hilarious (once I read the notes to find out they had meanings), as yes, Edward is apparently very fond of flowers. I even have my own small head-canon about this, though not quite the point where I'd proclaim OTP. I freaking LOVE Edward, so it makes my day to read stuff about him. IMO, he's VERY misunderstood by the majority of the fandom, especially pre-TAY before his crowning moments of badassery.

Harley I have always pictured as a "married to the job" type and a deadpan snarker when the opportunity arises, though prone to being a bit too serious overall. Glad to see others get the same general vibe. Watching her get freaked out over her gifts was pretty funny; though I'm not sure if it's because of what the gifts are (with their purpose being lost to her at first) or the fact that she is the target of anonymous gifts. Or both. She's my Ensemble Darkhorse of the FFIV universe, mainly because she's such a contrast to the other female characters. Add in her being juxtaposed with the more soft-spoken and poetic Edward, and the plot bunnies start bredding wildly.

Anyway, loved the work! I really hope you write more about these two (or either individually) in the future!
Dracorum chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
I kept laughing as I imagine her face...a cabbage!? LOLZ
And poor Edward, getting stung and chased...sigh

Lovely fic!
Freida Right chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
This whole thing was so fun! It really makes me want to play TAY, but I lack the required platform. YouTube would probably be helpful in this instance... 0.o

Revenge... Oh Edward, you never fail to surprise us with the things you know. He has a much larger brain than we like to give him credit for.

My mother has spent the last two days working on a song of her own. Almost there, still not done. I've apparently become her release valve. But it's really good so far. It' about the horizon, and how we know what it is, but by the time we get there, its already changed as much as we have. With crunchy guitars in the background. Kind of a lot cooler than Edward and his harp.
TheMoonclaw chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
First off: Yay! It's posted!

Second off: HAHAHAHAAAAAA THE PICTURE! It cropped perfectly! XD Sooo many days of me randomly thinking: Edward Flower OTP and laughing. Ha, thanks TAY ;)

HARLEY! Finally she has a purpose to EXSIST. It's not cannon exactly, but I could care less. We live to improve the cannon, obviously.
She's so...monotonous and I love her. Hehehehe crabby indeed.

Also? Harley Potter. Your welcome ;)

I'm so glad this is up and thank you for writing it! :D

Moonclaw