Reviews for Whittled
marcallie chapter 6 . 1/25/2013
A traumatized Reid is always such a Catch 22. You take someone's worst phobia, and it's the only thing that can help them . . .impossible.
Deleted and Void chapter 6 . 1/24/2013
Ok, the first thing I need to say is that your worries are completely unwarrented. Seriously, you're writing is STILL superb, the emotional impact is STILL profound and your writing is STILL amazing. So please cut yourself some slack, you're doing a fantastic job *hugs* Secondly, I'm sorry your going through quite a bit of a stress and that writing isn't so fun for you anymore, I'm experiencing this too at the moment and it sucks. I hope it gets better and that you start enjoying it again soon *hugs* and thirdly... I LOVED this chapter, I guess because we got to see snippts of the 'old' Spence, even though he was having a bda day. I loved that both Morgan and Katyn managed to illicit a small smile out of him without really even trying, and I think actually getting out of the clinic wouild do him good! But then again, I'm not the author, and he might slip off the rails :P I absolutely can't wait for your next update and to see how this story progresses. Chin-up you're doing a wonderful job! :D
halley chapter 6 . 1/22/2013
love love love it!
MCatry chapter 6 . 1/22/2013
I really liked this chapter. It is very intense. You managed to portrait the heaviness of the atmosphere in mental institutions. No matter how much they have improved along the years, they always feel awful for visitors, and even worst for patients that are not that lost in their own minds. Congratulations!
ripon chapter 6 . 1/22/2013
I like Katyn! Fiesty young lady and someone to drag Reid out of his melancholy. Her scars sound awful and I wonder how old she is now? If she has been in hospital since she was 13 that could be a long long time!
Good writing from Morgan's POV and giving the reader a true look at events rather than just Reid's view which will be slanted due to trauma. Hope life settles for you soon!
2amWritersClub chapter 6 . 1/21/2013
Really good update with a strong use of an OC. You have built her character without allowing her to take over which is a very good way to approach an OC.

I think moving the narrative on by either getting Reid out OR by having a productive therapy session where the reader gets a sense of stepping away from where he is now and toward some form of resolution would be very well timed.

Thanks for updating.
marylwhit chapter 6 . 1/21/2013
This is the first fic I've read with an OC that's not horribly written - I'm loving this fic so far!
marylwhit chapter 5 . 1/21/2013
This is brilliant, and so well written too. Please continue!
Silverspeare chapter 5 . 1/6/2013
One of the best fics i've read in a long time! I am waiting in anticipation for the next chapter. Please update soon! :)
BlueHippo317 chapter 5 . 1/4/2013
I honestly don't even know what to say. This was so heartbreaking, truly wonderfully written. You captured the emotions fantastically and it was just...i don't know. It's so amazing i can't think of a fitting adjective to describe it. Awesome job :)
Arbaon chapter 5 . 1/2/2013
Wow just wow. I must admit that I often praise the work of fanfiftion authors but the way you were able to capture Ried's mentality in this was simply astonishing. Very good and I look forward to the next chapter.
Guest chapter 4 . 1/2/2013
This story is so, so, soooo good! Thank you very much

Please let Reid overcome all this. I think he is a very strong person.
Deleted and Void chapter 5 . 1/2/2013
Woo, another amazing chapter! And you updated it so quickly! This was so heartfelt and I really loved getting the insight into Spencer's emotions as well as the flashbacks of what happened and how he's feeling. You captured the PTSD very well and your style really flowed in its bits and pieces so well done on that! Please please update soon!
tannerose5 chapter 5 . 1/2/2013
That was a marvelous chapter. Don't let anyone tell you differently. And you should know, I don't always present comments in a positive vein, but you can always expect the truth. I'm too old to lie.
The section about Reid's suicide attempt was heartbreaking.
The last part, about Reid knowing what it was like to lose your virginity was, again, heartbreaking.
Is he ever going to be able to leave this place and become able to live in the outside world? I hope so. Keep updating.
MCatry chapter 5 . 1/2/2013
This is great. So intense and vivid. Simply awesome, and so sad. I think you portrayed the trauma in such a perfect way that it pours pain through the words. Superb use of the text format too. You have a fan in me. Thanks for writing it and for sharing it here.
70 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »