Reviews for The Curious Case of Avatar Aang
EscapetoMusic chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
I love this idea! it'll be like zutara, but not. just like in legend of korra! I can't wait for more!
Ignorant Sparrow chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
"Samanera" huh?! You've done your homework, I see! :)
Charmed-Ravencla chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
This was an amazing read! I can't wait for an update of this I love the concept. I always thought it kind of sucked that we only know for sure that Aang gets reincarnated - what about all the other characters?! It's really interesting how you've had history repeat itself - poor Zuko is scarred again. But Elza seems nice - I really hope she gets a happy ending. I wonder how Azula died in this universe...
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Okay, I'm intrigued!
I'm also wondering if, sooner or later, this ForeverYoung!Aang will take a trip to the Northern Water Tribe to get a vial of Spirit Oasis water, for a water-healer to use on Kuzon. (Is he a bender of any element or not? So far I have the impression that he's not.)
Boogum chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
This was a great beginning! I like how you're exploring the idea of Aang learning lessons and how things have subtly changed but also not changed. I particularly appreciate that you've made 'Azula' learn to love her brother during her past lives. I wonder if that will make a difference.

Really looking forward to seeing what you do with this story. I'm going to have to catch up on your Stalking series as well, if this follows on from that. Don't want to give myself accidental spoilers.
Lila Priceless chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
This is a great opening. I'm putting it in my follows to check back once more has been written.
psychedelic aya chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
I've been stalking your stalking fics for a few months now, and they're easily my favorite Zutara series! I haven't read them all so I haven't gotten to reviewing yet, but I thought I'd take this chance to say I really love the way you write the Avatar characters. Your style of writing is descriptive but not boring; it's quirky and funny, in fact, and even though your paragraphs are long you keep the interest of your readers. Thank you for being such a great writer and giving us these fun fics to read!

Now, my review on this story: the first chapter is looking great! I have a soft spot for reincarnation fics, and this one just really tingled my fancy. I love the way you led us into the plot without really overdoing it. I can't wait to see where this goes; obviously I'm excited for the Zutara, but I also want to see the platonic Taang, which I think you've set up to be incredibly adorable. My heart also reaches out to Elza and Kuzon-I really love Zuko and Azula, and I really do believe they love each other in their own twisted sibling way, and the way you presented it here was just so heartbreaking. So, yeah, I'm really looking forward to this fic.

I'd like to reply to your author's notes too: I share the same opinion with you re: Aang-in the entirety of the A:TLA series, I felt that Aang never really had to give up anything; he always got what he wanted-the easy way out-and never felt or experienced any repercussions for it. Aang has always been my least-liked character because of this. I really wanted to see him grow and learn to sacrifice something for the sake of his duty as the Avatar. For the world. But really, he just always got things to go well for him. Ah well.

Anyhow, this review is waaay to long-winded already, so I better stop here. I'll fave this fic soon, when I log in (I'm too lazy to do so now, haha). Great job!
This Star Won't Go Out chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
Wow I LOVE this story! Amazingly well written, so well in fact that you made me cry a bit so please do continue.
Sasha Deadwood chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
This...This depresses me.
And makes me happy.
And makes me want to cry.
And laugh.
I hate you...
No, not really, I luffle you. v.v...And the story.
But, depressing.
In a good way!
wielbiciel chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
Wow, this is really interesting. I'm really curious as to how personalities will form, especially with Zuko/Kuzon. One of Zuko's big thing was proving himself to his father by hunting the avatar, Kuzon, at least so far, doesn't have this. Zuko was really sweet and adorable before the scar (and it appears more throughout his character arc in the series, ACTUALLY I DON'T NEED TO EXPLAIN FURTHER CAUSE YOU GOT THIS DOWN IN THE STALKINGVERSE) but what i mean is, yeah, history is repeating itself, but what made the characters who they were in the series won't exactly repeat. I don't think your Kuzon will be exactly like Zuko even if they are reincarnations, or actually maybe they will? I'll just wait and see how you work with it.

Anyway, this story has a lot of awesome potential and I can't wait for an update.
462472575745ytryeu chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
This is one of the most original plotlines I've ever read.
Very well done.
I can't wait to read more. Update soon! :)
BoogieBoy chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
Yeah...I was this guest:

Have you considered writing non-fanfiction? I think you'd fair well in the literary world, especially if you go for a fantasy chick-lit.

Anyway, on to the story. The setup is nice and holds promise, that being said I have a few concerns regarding it. First being - Why doesn't Aang kill himself? If he can't die due to age, why not just kill himself? Or is he invulnerable as well? Second - I can understand Aang's punishment, but why punish the others as well? Why do Sokka and Katara have to lose their family, even worse than before? Why does Zuko need to be mutilated again? Why does Azula have to be brought under Ozai's wing?

Before starting to write this review I was a little worried that it this would be just a reenactment of A:TLA, but now that I think about it, it's obviously not going to be the case. Tara and Teo didn't give much impression beyond being Sokka and Katara reborn, however Azula and Zuko seemed to have learned something from their past lives as the former loves her brother and the latter fought back instead of crying and begging. So it's obvious not going to be A:TLA 2.0, but still...

Next - Lightning Ridge, considering they can call upon the Yu Yan Archers I assume they're Fire Nation. Why can't Aang interfere with Chin deforming young Kuzon? I think Zuko would put so much child protection law in the Fire Nation, that doing something like what Chin did would mean that Aang is legally obliged to interfere and stop him.

How is Lightning Ridge doing this(the dispute) anyway? Shouldn't the Firelord step in when one of his/her subordinates do crazy stuff like that? Is the Chin going behind the Firelord's back? Why haven't the people of Mountain contacted the ruler of the Fire Nation yet asking for explanation, instead of working with a governor, excuse me, a governor's substitute?

Or is Lightning Ridge independent? If so, how can they call upon the Yu Yan Archers? Do they own the archers? Was there a schism during/shortly-after Zuko's reign? Why is their leader called Governor?

On to your notes!

I don't think you missed the point of the Equalists (or I'm in denial in order to make it better than it actually was). We never see non-benders being oppressed, there are two cases where you may point at it. The first is when the triads harassed that shopowner, however that was criminal activity, not oppression. The second was when Tarrlok decided to contain non-benders, but once again, that didn't happen well into the revolution.

We never see benders oppressing non-benders, that simply doesn't happen. if you look closely at the Equalists base you can see the real reason. Most equalists are people of the lower class and instead of doing something to improve their situation they blame society and try to take their anger on benders. Amon (who most likely believed himself) used those people to achieve his ends.

This is why when Amon died the revolution fell apart - it was a power-grab, it had little to do with non-material ideals.

Didn't noticed has booted me out, sry.
randomperson chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
hmmm interesting but i would prefer aang and toph's relationship being more romantic than platonic
Guest chapter 1 . 11/28/2012

On to your notes!

Guest chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
Honestly, I would have preferred romantic Taang. Imagine the possibilities! I suppose it can still happen eventually since Aang doesn't age...but that would be way down the line :(
70 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »