Reviews for Traitor or True
darkaccalia520 chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
Fandom blind, but this was a pretty intense story. I really like how you wrote Cunomer's internal struggle of what he was forced to do. It's a rather awful thing that the rest of the tribe insisted had to be done.

A few things I'm confused about, though it's probably something said in the film, is why exactly the rest of the tribe felt Letos was weak. For one so young, it seems to me that he could have learned strength eventually. I do wish Vindomora could have taken Letos with her, but then I suppose that's why they kept Letos guarded...so they wouldn't take him away. That's rather vicious.

I really liked the flashbacks...or were they dreams? I'm not sure, but the italicized parts worked really well. Again, it explains what was going through Cunomer's mind because going into this story, I expected a cold, heartless father, and that was not the case at all. Quite the opposite, actually.

I also wonder if Letos had any inkling of what was going to happen to him. He seemed to trust Cunomer, but at the same time, he seems frightened nonetheless, so maybe he knew his fate...just didn't know who would give it to him?

I do love how Cunomer basically curses the other tribe members. In the end, however, I was a bit surprised he did it basically to get back at them. It seemed a strange way to do it, even if it was canon. I suppose if he didn't, he wouldn't be chief, and he could die as well. But as a parent myself, I personally would rather face death than to do something so awful that way. I suppose that perhaps I don't understand the workings of the tribe, though.

The ending was really well done. How horrible for Cunomer to be haunted by this image the rest of his life. I don't know how anyone could forget that.

I am a bit confused, though, that if you're saying that Cunomer himself died at the end...or just that he was haunted by the image. Again, it's probably my fandom blindness, though.

Overall, this was a well-written piece, despite the subject matter. Thank you for writing.