Reviews for Basil's American Tail
Sharks Potter chapter 11 . 8/19/2014
A first triumph for Basil and Nellie. Busting all the workers out of the workhouse and ruining McNibbles. I can just imagine that oaf throwing a temper tantrum in front of Warren, when he wakes up in the morning and finds he's out of business. Although i had kind of hoped Basil would turn him over to the police.

This Hakan fellow seems likely to play a major role in this story, if he can lead Basil and Nellie to Warren's secret meeting place in the sewers of New York. Am i right in guessing it's the same place Fievel will run into Warren while looking for his family, right?

Sharks Potter chapter 10 . 8/19/2014
Interesting take with Basil approaching Warren, posing as a runaway immigrant looking for a job. Real cunning that he let himself be lured to the same clothing factory where Fievel was, just to spy on Warren. But i guess a cat is as cunning as a rat, no? Still, at least he didn't see through Basil's ploy, otherwise he'd be dead meat...

It seems the operation was little more than a bust with regards to uncovering Warren's plot or finding Ratigan's stolen artefacts, but at least Basil now has a lead on locating Fievel's family. Strange how things sometimes turn out for the straight-minded detective. And i hope Basil brings justice for those poor orphans working as labourers for that slave driver before this case is wrapped up!

Sharks Potter chapter 8 . 8/18/2014
The chat with Honest John was quite outrageous, him saying Warren and Waul couldn't be arrested because of their powerful social connections, even if they could find evidence against them. Frankly, the attack on Nellie should be enough to put Warren's face on the wanted posters. Talk about corruption...

Basil's coldly shrugging off Fievel's search for his family was quite heartless of him. Although, knowing what Ratigan does in the film, i guess he's right that his success in cracking this case is more important at this point.

Searching the scene of the attack for clues was quite interesting, seeing just how much the great detective can deduce out of seemingly nothing like the cigar ash and the footprints. And the hair of course - i can't wait to see the expression on his face when he confirms that Warren is a cat and not a rat. Although, i wonder how exactly he could tell it was cat hair. There was no DNA analysis in those days, although i guess experts had some sort of different means back then.

Looking forward to the next chapter!
Sharks Potter chapter 7 . 8/16/2014
Warren's thugs attacking Nellie and threatening her and Basil if they didn't clear out of New York, makes it plain clear just at what lengths those mobsters are willing to go to keep snoopers out of their business. Although, it was kind of sad to see Tiger caught between doing his duty towards his gang and his sympathy towards Nellie. I'm glad he has a change of heart in the end...

It was nice to see Fiver again, and Toni Toponi. I guess these brief reappearances will help keep us up to date on how far he is to finding his family. I can't wait to find out what happens next!

Sharks Potter chapter 6 . 8/16/2014
I really like all these little shout-outs you drop here and there to remind the reader of the continuaty, including Waul's mention of building an establishment out west. You, pal, are a master at cross-overs! Good work!

It was nice to see Fievel, although only briefly. I was wondering whether this would be an alternate universe or a side story of the original universe. It seems Basil and Fievel's paths will only be crossing briefly throughout this story, although i hope they join forces at some point in the series. Real touching of how little Fievel thought Basil's violin was his father playing, and real sad of how Basil couldn't help him. Although, i would have thought a detective like Basil wouldn;t have just turned him away but taken hm under his wing until he could get him to the police station or the Russian Embassy.

Story is getting better with each chapter!

Sharks Potter chapter 5 . 8/16/2014
Well, not as much action as i expected but i suppose this undercover job wasn't a total waste for Basil and Nellie, and of course for Miss Kitty who was of great help. They are on the right track to finding their key suspect, as hinted by that idiot cat who nearly shut his mouth off. But, oh damn, Warren T Rat's flee sidekick is keeping a lookout for his master. And now he knows Basil is in New York and hunting him down. I smell trouble on the horizon...

Off to the next chapter!
Sharks Potter chapter 4 . 8/16/2014
It was really welcoming to see Miss Kitty from Fievel Goes West pop up in your story. I don't know why i missed her in the previous chapter. The scene with her and Tanya is one of my favourites in that film. I guess her name slipped my mind... Anyhow, Basil and Nellie were damned lucky to be caught by her and nor someone like Warren or Waul - no doubt the latter would roast them alive over the saloon candles!

Can't wait to read what skunkwork - or deep trouble - they'll find in the next chapter!

Forward ho!
Sharks Potter chapter 3 . 8/16/2014
The show is on the road! I had to laugh at Basil's backhanded complimants of Nellie. Hell, making such remarks in the precence of a lady is asking for a good slap in the face! Nellie sure is more tomboy than she looks not to take offence and shrug i off with a laugh. And she has a point; the day and age they're living in was completely male-dominated, which makes her truly exceptional. Why do i get the feeling that she will be Basil's girlfriend before this case is wrapped up?

By the way, this pub they're heading at wouldn't happen to be the same one Fievel stumbled across, where he first met Tiger? I wonder, in this AU, will Basil and Fievel meet? I guess i'll find out soon enough!

Sharks Potter chapter 2 . 8/9/2014
Well, well, well, this is a surprise. Basil's NYPD assistant is non other than Nellie Brie from American Tail 4, disguised as a policeman. Does this mean that Dr Dawson won't be appearing in this story, or are you saving him for the sequels? Although I haven't watched the Night Monster for a while, I bet Nellie will get to prove herself on this mission. And why do I get the impression that Basil is somewhat entranced by Nellie, despite his suspicions?

So, it seems all this takes place after all four American Tail films, as it also includes Cat R Waul as another of the villains. Is it going to be just those three or are you going to include others from other films? Whichever, this is definitely a good set-up for a crossover fanfic.

Looking forward to seeing Nellie in action and the first appearance of the villains.

On to the next chapter!

By the way, my own NIMH fanfic is a crossover with American Tail. You should check it out. All reviews are welcome!
Sharks Potter chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
Hallo Masked Bard,

first of all, my sincere apologies for taking so long to check out the rest of your stories. Unfortunately, as I had never seen the Great Mouse Detective at the time, in addition to a heavy timetable due to my military service, it would have made little sense to me. (This is a sequel to the film, right?) However, now that I have finally seen it, and American Tail, I believe I'm ready to enjoy it and review.

Basil travelling to New York in search of stolen art which Ratigan had looted during his attempted rise to power is quite interesting, similar to the mission of the Monuments Men in post-World War II Europe. By the looks of it, although Ratigan is dead and gone, his dirty work had not been undone yet. Speaking of which, why do I get this strange feeling that Ratigan might have somehow survived his fall from Big Ben and is now out there in hiding, bidding his time to confront Basil for revenge. I guess I'll find out as I read along...

The New York scene was quite heart-warming - I've always enjoyed those scenes of showing a mouse world built within the human world, like the carriages, houses and the like. This Honest John fellow meeting Basil actually gives me a bad feeling, especially I tend to associate that particular name with a well-known conman, if you catch my meaning... Could he be a double-agent, spying on Basil?

The mention that the NYPD is actually hiring the villain War T Rat of American Tail to restore peace between the mouse and cat populations of New York gives me the impression that Basil's dealing with a case of dirty cops and corruption. And I thought old cat Warren would be happy in his exile to Hong Kong. I's good to see this old villain back as an antagonist, although I figure there will be someone else above him...

I can see this crossover takes place after the events of Great Mouse Detective and American Tail. Will Fievel also appear in this story? It will be interesting to see him team up with the famed detective against a cooperating Ratigan and Warren T Rat. All in all, this looks like the beginning of a beautiful adventure/detective story and I'm looking forward to reading what happens next.

Good work!

erica.phoenix16 chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
This is a pretty interesting story. :)
Burning-Phoenix Adept chapter 19 . 3/20/2014
I cannot believe I have read this story in just one sitting. The flow of the story of each chapter is good. It made me want to read on. Character portrayal and character development is excellent. from their accents to their quirky mannerisms, the dialogue of each character felt right. And unlike the stories written by other authors, I could not find any typographical error, not one. I am looking forward to read all of the stories you have posted here. If I wasn't feeling nostalgic for Don Bluth's masterpiece, I would not be able to have read this. I am grateful to have found such a gem.
Burning-Phoenix Adept chapter 16 . 3/20/2014
I couldn't help but smile at how you've written Basil's reaction towards the need to spontaneously break out in song.
Burning-Phoenix Adept chapter 9 . 3/20/2014
So far, I'm having fun reading your work.
RogueMudblood chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
Re: [#51766] Query regarding novelizations and quotation of copyrighted dialogue in fanfiction
.Net Support 8/01/13

To: horusavenger

To be safe, we do not allow any inclusion of copyrighted passages within fanfictions.

Please help us spread the word.

Unfortunately, the presence of the copyrighted materials endanger the site. Being a violation of item 6.D (don't post it if you don't have the rights to it) and item 4.F (don't use the site to do anything illegal), the site has exercised their right to delete accounts without warning in cases where things like this have come up.
44 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »