Reviews for Broken Glass to Sweep Away
hiddenworldwalker chapter 2 . 12/1/2012
This looks really good. I think you nailed pitch's character.
Eternal She-Wolf chapter 2 . 12/1/2012
Oh, the emotion. This was beautiful.
KhaalidaNyx chapter 2 . 12/1/2012
Where ARE the guardians?
Kichi Hisaki chapter 2 . 12/1/2012
You made Pitch sufficiently creepy.

MouseMaster42 chapter 2 . 12/1/2012
Oooooh my goooosh.

I found this fanfiction on archiveofourown, I'd like to start by saying, because my school's wi-fi signal bans fanfiction for whatever reason, but I don't have an account there so I couldn't follow it. Thus, I emitted a quiet shriek of happiness when I saw that you'd double-posted it here as well when I was looking through the RotG archive later that night. So now I'm stalking this story, waiting for an update, hoping that it's written to the same quality as the first...

...And it was, and it was amazing and angsty and glorious and epic and I love it. Excellently written, intriguing concept, brilliant capturing of emotions, and I cannot wait for the next update. Well done.

Thank you very much for sharing with us. :)
isthisparadise chapter 2 . 12/1/2012
Oh dear! Poor Jack! Wonderfully written though! Amazing job with the psychological torture! It's everything Jack fears! I wonder...what are the guardians doing?
Melonbird chapter 2 . 12/1/2012
NONONONO
*stabspitch*
sob/
StarlitWave10 chapter 2 . 12/1/2012
Oh good god, this is...wow. I hope you continue it, because this is amazing! I liked the line "there was nothing to fear here but fear itself," it was very aptly written.
SlaughterOtter chapter 2 . 12/1/2012
Oh my gosh, I love this fic to death.
Sadie Aurora Night chapter 2 . 12/1/2012
Woah, is Jack going to be okay? Please make sure he is!
mimosa eyes chapter 2 . 12/1/2012
(back again to help boost your review count and hopefully encourage more people to read this)

Things are still happening very slowly in this chapter. I was expecting the pace to pick up by now as here we just see Jack's physiological discomforts. Perhaps the next chapter will be more satisfying.

I like how here we see more of Jack's personality coming out. Resilience compounded with quite a bit of optimism, the optimism rather puerile, actually, almost naïve. I adore how you said Jack's face is a 'study in emotion' because that seems completely true. It also highlights how Jack is still just a child.

Looking forward to further updates!
mimosa eyes chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
An excellent start to what promises to be a well-thought out and intriguing story. I really enjoy how well this ties in with the movie; I had the same thought myself, of whether the other Guardians will still be willing to have Jack around after they don't need him as urgently. I hope you plan to show some of the similarities between Jack and Pitch — I think Pitch is actually very able to empathize with Jack about loneliness. Perhaps this could come out in the denouement of the story somehow — Jack eventually escaping (or being rescued?) and refusing to subject Pitch to the same psychological torture.

Plot aside, let me commend you on your solid characterization! In my humble opinion, you write Pitch very convincingly. That rather grand-sounding air is perfectly portrayed.

My one piece of constructive criticism here is that rigut now, the reader can't quite picture where this is happening. More details about how gloomy and dark Pitch's lair is might add to the mood of the writing.
hisokauzumaki chapter 2 . 12/1/2012
God, Pitch is just so wonderfully awful in this! And its such a great plan too! Lock Jack up until has no choice but to turn to him. And taunt him with his helplessness all the while! Great fic, just magnificent!
Reclusive Owl chapter 2 . 12/1/2012
8O Jack! You must post again soon! I must know what happens!
This is a great story so far. Good work!
Janazza chapter 2 . 12/1/2012
o. my. goodness.
BEAUTIFUL
excellent writing, i can't wait for chapter 3!
307 | « Prev Page 1 .. 9 16 17 18 19 20 .. Last Next »