Reviews for Life after Paradise
phoenixi77 chapter 23 . 8/11/2015
Going to read this again later from my laptop, do could bookmark it.
I am really happy with this story. I have been looking for such a long time. I avoid season 5-6 onwards just because how they changed Donna, CJ and others. I wish there was a fic which explained why CJ was acting so bad towards Josh too.
Really satisfied with how they both managed to talk and explain each other and understand their own mistakes too.
greatestheights chapter 23 . 2/8/2015
Wow. This was everything I needed after finishing the series not too long ago-a good, long, honest look at Donna, Josh, everything they mean to each other, and all the things they desperately needed to say to each other. I love this portrayal of Donna struggling to be taken seriously and independently, of Josh quietly and fiercely doing whatever it would take to keep her, and the long-term effects of stress and trauma on both of them. This is really lovely work, and I'm so glad I stumbled across it.
Arpad Hrunta chapter 23 . 1/5/2013
This was a lovely story, and your portrayal of Donna was one I hadn't seen before. It's completely understandable (and very realistic) for her to focus on her own needs afterwards, and I like how you showed that while there was a high price she paid (and very nearly paid again) in terms of her relationship with Josh, that it absolutely had positive effects for her. I like that she realizes at the end that there is a happy medium she can have so that things can be as she and Josh want them to be.
Gillian Deverone chapter 23 . 12/5/2012
A truly lovely story. I like that your Josh is the hero who hides his heroics, but because he's human and in love, not because he's perfect. Wonderful. Truly.
Gillian Deverone chapter 22 . 12/5/2012
Good God, that was the most beautiful thing I've ever read. Ever.
Gillian Deverone chapter 19 . 12/5/2012
Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when we make demands and don't know the repercussions. (It doesn't rhyme, but oh well. Shakespeare will forgive this one time.)
Gillian Deverone chapter 18 . 12/5/2012
Louisa is a selfish, man-hating femi-Nazi.
Gillian Deverone chapter 17 . 12/5/2012
I did NOT see that coming at the end of 16, but I hope this pushes Donna to see it from Josh's POV.
Gillian Deverone chapter 16 . 12/5/2012
I swear on all things good and holy, it better not be Amy frickin' Gardner.
Gillian Deverone chapter 15 . 12/5/2012
Josh is acting very weird and I might wanna take the money back because now I'm not so sure it's crying...
Gillian Deverone chapter 14 . 12/5/2012
Now I'm willing to go $20 that he's crying...
Gillian Deverone chapter 13 . 12/5/2012
I'm having a hard time understanding this Donna, which I think makes me dislike her mildly. She never thinks about what Josh may be thinking. She knows him better than anyone and yet she never hazards a guess?

(You mentioned reading my story. Please do.) Off to the next chapter.l
Gillian Deverone chapter 12 . 12/5/2012
Ten bucks says he was crying.
Gillian Deverone chapter 11 . 12/5/2012
(in deep voice) Duh duh duh...
Gillian Deverone chapter 10 . 12/5/2012
Truly brought tears to my eyes and as I'm reading this while my students work quietly, they probably think I'm a crazy person.