Reviews for Pokegirls: Emerald
I'd like to see this continued.
Zarbapha chapter 14 . 2/8
We are advancing onto something wonderfully disasterous... on a path through a hedonistic dystopia.
Guest chapter 14 . 11/2/2014
Nice bit of worldbuilding at the end.
Guest chapter 13 . 11/1/2014
This chapter is fascinating, and you do touch upon an interesting point. I don't often read this sort of thing but this is a welcome exception. Keep up the good work.
UNSpacy000 chapter 13 . 10/29/2014
I am skipping right past twelve and going on to thirteen. I read twelve, and I was confused since I knew the story had updated, but I also knew I had read everything in twelve before. Therefor, I had to be going crazy, so I bumbled around your page and found out you just shuffled things. I was disappointed, but then thirteen came out on the heels of the shuffle which made everything alright. Really, the only new thing I found in twelve was that Sean's tattoo is killing him. It shouldn't have surprised me what with everything in the world screwing Sean over, but I wasn't expecting it since I didn't think that was how the tattoos worked. It makes sense, but I very rarely apply hard science to my science fiction let alone fantasy style magic.

On to thirteen.

The opening was good with the officerjenny. They are really trying to throw the two of them under the bus, and the only reason I can come up with is because they are trying to cover Norman. In fact, I'm surprised that the jenny didn't say in her interrogation that they put in a call to him since the town falls under his jurisdiction. Of course, the only reason Norman needs to cover himself is because Angie, the pokewoman of a man he hates in a distant town, saved the town and made it so he couldn't just say, "I got there as soon as I could, but they were all dead."

Theoretically speaking, the Jenny would have been on almost even footing for the type advantage/disadvantage, but I don't see her actually making too much of a difference if she had actually been in the field as opposed to the center. While it is unfortunate that Sean and his girls were the only survivors, it's actually a miracle they managed to survive at all until reinforcements showed up. Once one of Norman's political opponents picks this up, Norman will start to have some problems that will somewhat distract him from Sean.

Then there was the scene where Sean encountered the police. It was an obvious set up. A poorly done, ham-fisted attempt to arrest him. I found it odd though that they just let him leave after he smashed the ball. Sure, it was destroyed, but they still saw it and could have pieced it back together. It's not like his fist specifically came down on the capture mechanism first and 'proved' it wasn't a love ball since it didn't activate. Sean better go through all his stuff after it has been out of his sight now.

The scene with Savanna made me laugh. I take it that Angie told Savanna about about her suspicions of Sean being a strider. Of course, by suspicions I mean her express opinion that once she could find hard proof of it she'd ship him off to a lab to be studied or harvested. I was surprised that she continued to not be even partially forthcoming with Sean after he caught her up in her own untruths.

Savanna and Ruri's reaction to the fact that Sean had caught a domina was priceless. It was a glorious scene further punctuated by pokemon. Oops. :P

I was actually surprised that Ruri caught on to the connotations of 'is having sexual intercourse with a feral rape?' Because of the setting and prior stories I have read, I didn't catch on to it until she said it which made it even stranger for her to come up with it. I did like how she lamented about how Sean sounded like some history tape and how he was more pathetic than a damsel even though she knew he came from a 'softer' time. I had expected Ruri or Savanna to point out that any elf that they came across that could respond to them would not be feral since their feral state is being comatose, and that there are ways to purchase non-feral pokegirls from farms, acquire thresholds from their families, and salvage battles.

I found Savanna's explanation of why it wasn't rape to be amusing since it was the sort of argument you would present to a five year old in a 'this is how things are' sort of way. The fact that Sean kept tripping her up verbally made it even more funny in its own way. She really should have just stuck to 'you can't rape the willing' and pointed out that ferals have three states of mind where humans are concerned, 'Can it sate my lust?' 'Can it sate my hunger?' and 'Can it sate my lust and then my hunger?' before pointing out he was extremely lucky Ruri wanted to take a ride on him when she was feral instead of eating his liver.

Bringing up Enkidu and the epic of Gilgamesh was brilliant. I'm still surprised that Savanna had even heard of it. Even though Enkidu was a uninformed about what was happening when Shamset seduced him, he was a freaking force of nature made manifest and there was no possible way for Shamset to force Enkidu into doing anything he didn't want.

While all of that is interesting and raises moral questions, it's a moot point as far as the domina is concerned. I called it when I thought she wouldn't be feral, but that isn't why it's moot. It's what Sean has to do to her in order for her to be an effective member of his team and train him to resist mental attacks. It doesn't matter whether step one in this process is rape or not when steps two through five most definitely are rape and steps six through eight is to induce Stockholm Syndrome in her with step nine being to make sure he is able to resist her and other pokegirls before he undergoes step ten and integrates her into the team. If he really had issues with whether taming a feral was rape or not, he should not have even started with the domina, and now that he has actively, consciously raped her when she was fully aware and sapient, he doesn't have a leg to stand on where ferals are concerned with rape.

Ruri's last line in the chapter, "We're going to let you suffer if this goes wrong," made me laugh, and it really summed up who she was and her relationship with Sean so well.

The call from Wanc was also a surprise because I did not think he'd try to offer support to Sean in any sort of way, and his point that a feral being tamed was a medical treatment for a patient that could not give consent was much better thought out than anything Savanna said even if it still does ring hollow because of the post-coital alpha bond that usually develops. The fact that he threatened to sue Sean and confiscate his property did not surprise me, but it still makes him a better antagonistic mentor than most out there. A carrot in one hand and a stick in the other instead of just resorting to the same tool.

The fight with the domina was well thought out, coordinated, and done. Her description made forming an image of her easy, and the back and forth between her and Sean when he had her cuffed was interesting along with both of their reactions to the other. Unfortunately, if Sean really is trying to control everything about her so he can give her back control of her basic needs, he really isn't doing a good job of it. He should have waited to give her the blanket.

In the end, I thought it was better done than just the one sided sadism Sean was retconned out of doing, but I still prefer Sean and Ruri's power plays.

Overall, the chapter was great, and I'll be glad when fourteen comes out.
TheMysticalFett chapter 13 . 10/26/2014
Not going to lie, there were moments I hated the main character. Then you'd show another side of him that would make him human. This has shown me one of the most complex protagonists who actually has a real dark side in pokegirl fanfiction.

The issues you show as well as the intrigue has definitely drawn me in and I'd like to give you two thumbs up for showing me the ugly nasty underbelly of how people react in a crapsack world. This is awesome through and through. Can't wait to see where this goes author. Till next time, keep on rocking author.
Guest chapter 13 . 10/25/2014
Just wanted to make sure you remember there are more aspects to taming than just the ones brought up so far. For one, revenge, and another would be as an alternative to death or imprisonment as a solution to keeping them from harming others.
Guest I Guess chapter 5 . 10/24/2014
For some reason I kept imagining the father as Giovanni. Great story.
Harem Master G-Prime chapter 12 . 10/20/2014
Reread it all and it's fuckin awesome. Keep up the great work and hope to see the next chapter soon.
Also what happened to Dark Game? I really liked how you started that one
Loi Z chapter 11 . 6/19/2014
I don't even know if he was sticking it in her womanhood or open wound.
I assume the wound, and admire your work, but how do you relate this to Evangelion?
Surasa chapter 11 . 6/11/2014
Great work. Some parts I find confusing, mostly because of the information gap from Sean's missing memories after the fight with the Domina. I hope to see more so
Guest chapter 11 . 5/23/2014
Looking forward to the Domina's relationship with Savanna as both her mother's killer's daughter, and as a bdsm sub.
Guest chapter 11 . 5/23/2014
Despite how eratic it is, I can't help but feel the Domina thing was foreshadowed or actually stated in his feverdream in chapter 10.
Guest chapter 4 . 5/22/2014
I just noticed, but everything smells like Lavender to Iggy. It must be the hospital's default detergent.

I wonder what Savanna would say to there also being plant pokegirls. Not that I think that people would herd them to slaughterhouses for salads.
Guest chapter 11 . 5/18/2014
title is a pun! glad i caut dat