Reviews for Mimbulus Mimbletonia
the lola chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
This was sweet - I really like how you kept Neville true to himself as an adult, and he still had that sweet, awkward edge. The relationship between him and Hannah was so sweet, how she just wanted him to do what he wanted, and they'd work the rest out. Also, the nice relationship he had with Pomona was sweet and well developed. I loved this!
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
Aww, this was adorable! I've never read about Neville as a teacher before, actually, but I have always thought he'd be brilliant at it. He was lovely towards the first years, and I felt like he had a lovely bond with them when he awarded points to the little boy and compared his reaction to himself. :)

His relationship with Pomona was absolutely lovely, and I like how he kind of doubts himself but then she reassures him and he believes her. And the conversation with Hannah was also great.

I think this might have been better with a bit more description in places, but it was very cute and I loved reading it!
lowi chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
Aw, this is great! It made me really happy - I've never before read a story on Neville's teaching, to be honest, and you wrote it so well. :')

I really liked that but about the boy who earned the house points - it made me smile, honestly!

And Sprout's and Neville's friendship is captured so well. Wonderful work!
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Yay, Neville! I love the idea of him as a teacher too, and Pomona is a great mentor here, but my favorite line was Hannah's: "... do you want to be a teacher? Because if you do, then I'm sure we can work things out. But if you don't want to, there's no point in even trying."
FlashFiction chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Aw, this is so sweet! Little Gavin Boot earning his first house points, so adorable! I actually felt warmed on the inside after reading it :)
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Oh, I really liked this! You do a good job with the characterization and flow in this. I especially like how Neville doesn't accept right a way... a lot of fics like this usually have him jumping on the job and I definitely think that he'd need some coaxing to accept it.
HeadlessHuntsman chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
I liked this. It seemed a bit rushed not in the story telling but in the grammar and the structure. This is a rarity for your writing is the only reason I bring it up. Otherwise it was a good story.
Gamma Orionis chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
This was really quite heartwarming! I thought Neville was really great and in-character in this - modest, quiet, and not as bumbling as people think he is... and I liked both Professor Sprout and Hannah - they seemed so wonderful and thoughtful towards him.
AmzyD chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
This was a nice portrayal of Neville, great written again and all great characterisations
no cure for crazy chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
this was lovely!. You wrote Neville and Pomona wonderfully. Neville's lack of confidence wasn't overdone and it suited him well. I like the relationship between him and Pomona as well, and I think you write that very well.
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
This is fabulous. I loved it - you wrote Neville and Pomona wonderfully. Neville's lack of confidence wasn't overdone and suited him well. I love what Pomona says about not trying to imitate her, to be the best teacher he could be. Great job!
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
Oh, this was great! I don't think I've ever read a fic that focused solely on Neville's decision to become Herbology teacher, so this was very original, at least to me. I like the relationship between him and Pomona as well,and I think you write that very well. I loved seeing first year Victoire in Neville's class, also, since I was wondering exactly when this takes place. That was a very clever way to explain what year it was without stating directly. And your Victoire is a Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff, that makes me happy! She's a Ravenclaw who almost got Sorted into Hufflepuff in my headcanon, so I like reading about her in one of those houses. I like the glimpse of the Neville/Hannah relationship as well, and I think your take on it was very good. Spelling and grammar were excellent, also, and there were no mistakes that I noticed. I like that you included various plants, and I also like the detail of Neville keeping his Mimbulus Mimbletonia alive for that many years. Great work!
eostby chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
A nice story that fills in some necessary backstory for the future Professor Longbottom. Very well done.
Slytherin Cat chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
I always wondered how Neville got the position... Well, I guess that answer my question then :p A good job, I really liked the interaction between the two. I can really see Neville do that because I always thought Pomona was his favorite teacher at Hogwarts so... Good job really ;)
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
Aww that's so sweet. I really love the way you wrote Neville. You characterized him beautifully and he still has that awkward, hesitant quality about him that is so cute but still him, you know? I read him a lot where he's grown into himself and uber-confident after the war but I don't think that's realistic and you did a great job. I also like how you wrote HannahNeville because I never understood how they ended up together but I love how Hannah knows how excited he is and the way she supports him. It's adorable. Nice job!