Reviews for Alcohol Doesn't Mix With Heartbreak
MegzLife chapter 25 . 3/5
What happened to the sequel
Guest chapter 25 . 7/10/2017
4 years? I guess we will not be getting that sequel.
Dark Iris chapter 1 . 11/27/2016
Nice job for your first fic. I enjoyed the story and the characterizations weren't so OOC that it didn't seem to be them, but the personalities were rather shallow and could have used a bit more fleshing out. It was kind of rough in patches regarding dialog and the plot and I honestly think you left some rather glaring plot holes. Some resulted in unanswered questions that are frankly annoying. As an example, why was she fired? That was too convenient for her to need a job because she was fired for missing one day of work. If it was the type of job that had a "no excuses/no exceptions" attendance policy, she would have known that and not been so surprised when she was sacked. You could have had her completely forget about work for say, a week, and then get that pink slip to jog her memory. Or, you could have had Ron use that quill he got from the twins to send in a resignation letter on her behalf as payback for her walking out on him or in an attempt to make her more dependent upon him. There were also some places where it looks like you made an edit but either didn't erase all of the words you intended to or did not complete your new thought. A beta would be able to be that second pair of eyes that won't miss the things we do because we see what we intended to write.

If you do decide to write a sequel, I sincerely and respectfully ask that you be very careful of how you portray your implied protagonist. Many of the ancient religions are being revived/reconstructed and Osiris is beloved of many Kemetics (those that honor the Egyptian pantheon). If you need a "bad guy" for a story and decide to invoke the name of a god, please do enough research to know the god/dess' actual attributes. And please, don't make assumptions based on what part of reality the deity oversees. Anubis is the jackel-headed god of the underworld in Egyptian mythology. Because many people are afraid of death and associate jackels with evil ("Damien: The OmenII", anyone?), it may be tempting to portray Him as evil. Nothing could be further from the truth. Egyptians not only didn't fear death, they spent a great deal of their lives preparing for it, especially their royalty. To portray Lord Anubis as evil would be the equivalent of saying the Archangel Azrael is evil because He is the angel that meets and guides newly deceased Catholic souls - literally the Angel of Death. Of course, he is not evil. He is there as a guide and to provide comfort.

The only Egyptian deity that I can think of that could possibly work as an antagonist is Set/Seth and that's only because He is a Trickster god. When things go tits up in your life, a Trickster god can be the reason. Now, first of all, I'm not a Kemetic and my knowledge of the pantheon is rather sketchy. There could be others that can fill the role; I don't know. To further complicate things, since Trickster gods are doing the jobs given to them by G-d, I would hesitate to term Their acts evil, regardless of how disruptive or even destructive they are. Earthquakes, tornados, etc kill and destroy people's lives but they're not evil, they just ARE and we have to deal with the aftermath.

Truly, my suggestion and request is that you be respectful and simply not go there. It's possible that there are other non-deity entities in Egyptian mythology that would be appropriate. Usually in ancient mythologies there are stories of both benevolent and malevolent spirit or magical entities that may suffice. If you don't find one or don't want to be bothered, use creative license and make one up. That star-shaped crystal could contain a powerful spirit/magical construct made or trapped by an evil Egyptian sorcerer or even be the spirit of an evil Egyptian sorcerer that was trapped when he messed up an experiment/incantation/spell/whatever and he's now trying to take over the body of a strong magic-wielder so he can carry on with his conquests. Of course he would prefer Severus over Ron, who wouldn't? Severus is infinitely more powerful and has a beautiful young, nubile bride he can play with. Oh, the possibilities for fuckery.
KourtneyKhaos chapter 25 . 11/15/2016
Sequel? Great story!
Lady Reese Kightkens chapter 25 . 7/2/2016
AHHHH! Cliffhanger!

Okay, let me start by saying that I am absolutely, positively in love with this story! It is one of the most beautiful stories of Hermione and Snape I have ever read. You did a fabulous job keeping both in character, but allowing the story to flow freely. It was so beautiful to watch the relationship develop in such a direct but subtle manner. If the two of them ever did fall in love, this is exactly how it would be done- slowly, hesitantly, quietly, and powerfully. Their interactions and dynamics were absolutely brilliant. I have to say I was in tears as Severus was telling Hermione how beautiful she with all her scars!

My only complaint is WHERE IS THE FREAKING SEQUEL?! I know this story has been done for over two years, but I sincerely hope that they sequel is somewhere in the works. A fabulous tale like this deserves to have an equally enthralling tale follow it. PLEASE DO NOT ABANDON THIS!

Anyway, your writing was so powerful and so beautiful, it really was magical to read. I am forever in love with this story and wait with bated breath for your triumphant return. Great job!
Guest chapter 25 . 1/20/2016
Really enjoyed where the story was going, but very disappointed to get to the end to find this is a "part one" of a story that has no part two.
That is just the worst :(
wine witch chapter 25 . 1/19/2016
Very nice, interesting story, thank you!
Mrs.NicaLeeSnape chapter 25 . 12/13/2015
Good story!
becx7 chapter 25 . 10/12/2015
This story is fantAstic a slightly different take on the sshg combo - your notes refer to another story explaining Ron's behaviour I would love to read it!
normaj chapter 1 . 6/28/2015
This is a very good story, enjoyed it immensely. I'm so sad to see there is no sequel. You left us readers so high and dry! Looking forward to your future triumphant return!
riskeybusiness chapter 25 . 12/31/2014
Loved it! Thanks for sharing :)
Perry Downing chapter 9 . 10/12/2014
Not only do I agree with you, but I find it takes me out of the story when Snape speaks with contractions. Far too informal for the Professor.
narutonarutolove chapter 5 . 6/6/2014
oh my gosh I cant read anymore, Snape says the most ridiculous remarks that its just horrible. And Hermione is grating on my nerves too. Why is she being so rude and annoying?

Don't mean to offend. But I hate mendacity.
mitch404 chapter 25 . 3/21/2014
ooops sorry I have forgotten to sign in before reviewing. anyway I really like your writing style I wish I could write like this. I also like how you created a mystery at the ending it makes me wanting for more. So please if you have the time can you please let me know once you have the sequel or if you have any other great story strictly Harry Potter hehe. and again excellent job good luck and hope you write more stories like this.
Guest chapter 25 . 3/21/2014
I love this fic a please pretty please let me know if you have the sequel thanks and good luck