Reviews for Songs of Victory
almanera chapter 1 . 2/18
I've always admired Joanna. The thing with highly sarcastic people is that they tend to have analytical mind. Haymitch is similar in that regard, but unlike Jo, he was too close to Peeta and Katniss regargding them as his own children at this point. Children whose lives have been absolutely wrecked; detroyed beyond the point of returning. Hence, I can understand his savage need for justice. After all, what about Katniss's good name? If any sort of democracy was to be established in Panem, she was owed at least that much. Labelling her crazy, on the other hand, would mark her forever. And once you're labelled, it is a lot harder to return to the normal life. So, really, Haymitch's desire is absolutely justified. It can be understood that he wanted to see the reason why Coin's assassination was necessary, because she was no better than Snow.

Yet, it is idealistic. And Jo saw it. She saw that Beetee's concerns were valid. Better have Katniss labelled crazy and give people an opportunity to forget about her. It would smear her name, yes, but she would get help. In long term it would be the best.

Once again I have to admire your amazing writing skills. Throughout these stories you mix such complicated human psychology with such messed-up political realities that the outcome is nothing short of gloriously twisted. And I mean it in the best way. You are a better writer than Suzanne Collins, really. You make your readers think along. You make them see where various political - and personal - opinions come from. It was a rare quality that only very few authors possess.

Best!
Brievel chapter 1 . 5/21/2015
Pathetic and funny and sad and thought-provoking. Johanna ended up being the only one for whom I had any use...well, no, I liked Effie and Haymitch and the prep team, too, but they were the only ones.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/29/2014
Very interesting read! Loved the dynamic you created between the victors.
Jaycie Victory chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
This was exceptional. You have an incredible talent for filling in the spaces left from only having things from Katniss's point of view. And those spaces aren't filled with fluff or inanity; you've filled them with in-character, rich detail that deepens the reader's enjoyment and sense of knowledge of the narrative as a whole. Just wonderful.
idleness chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
I love the way you have the characters' inner voices down. Just how I imagine Johanna. :)
arollercoasterthatonlygoesup chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
I loved it! I loved to see Peeta in this. (:
rx9872 chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
This is very good. You write Johanna's perspective very well. I also like the individual book covers you have designed for each story. Nice touch!
kopycat101 chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
I like the turn this takes! Katniss was blank during the time she was in confinement, and it's good to see someone's take on how things were going while that was going on.
Little-Night-Roses chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Wow, this is one of the best fics I've read for a while. I hope it continues : )
sinuk chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
This is great! I would love to see more. :)