Reviews for Food for Thought
SparklesJustReads chapter 2 . 10/6/2014
Liked chapter 1, LOVED chapter 2! A really great alternative ending! Thank you so much for writing this !
I read another reviewer say they hadn't thought much about the Ares playing the victim as one of his fave forms of manipulation until you pointed it out ( "Xena pointed it out? ;) ). I totally agree! The more I thought about that, the more obvious it became he used that trick so many times! And Kevin Smith had such expressive eyes (and awesome EVERYTHING else, too)... He DID play the victim pretty damn good!
Back to the story... Super hot... And then he takes her on the desk when the bed was right there?! Typical Ares... Of course he would do better than a boring old bed. ;)
Bexteron chapter 2 . 8/24/2014
That was certainly different from the way the episode went :) I like that you were able to write the passion into the scene and keep us in the moment. I know how hard romantic scenes are to write. The only thing I would criticize would be the use of underscores. There is no need to use them is your story. Aside from that I enjoyed your second parter to this tale :)
Bexteron chapter 1 . 8/24/2014
I liked this chapter. I like the build up of the sexual tension between Xena and Ares. It is always present, just as it is in the tv show whenever they were in the same room, and the characters are true to the show. I love how Ares teases Xena to see if he can get a rise out of her. It's so him :)
Mareritt chapter 2 . 8/8/2014
"... as I touch the sun and burn"- that is so awesome! After reading it, this line can't leave my mind. I'm totally in love with your metaphors and descriptions :D

I wish this version of events had happened in the TV series. I wonder how would this affect the following episodes :)
shadowwriter01 chapter 1 . 8/7/2014
The idea of this story is quite interesting.
Xena raises the question how different human Ares is from god Ares.
Like she said, as soon as he is a god again, everything will probably be back like it was before.
Maybe his godhood has some influence on his character. Or maybe it is just the fact that power corrupts. Or maybe it is just that, as long as he is a god, there is no actual motivation for him to act any different than he always did.
Good work.
darkchakram chapter 1 . 8/1/2014
Great alternate ending to this scene! Great insight into Ares' character, particularly that bit about him posing as a victim. He does this often, I hadn't really thought about it that way but you are right he does a lot. The sentimental fool in me loves the fact that she jumps to protect Ares and I really appreciated your use of the phrase Mortal Beloved, mainly because I never bought the idea that Marcus was Xena's "one true love."
Missyla chapter 2 . 6/22/2014
lol I say that's a great alternative to that episode :))

great chapter I wish you would get back into writing more you have great stories :))
HeatherJS chapter 2 . 3/24/2014
Well...that was hot lol
A lovely view on that episode that so many wish would of played out differently. I so wanted them to kiss in that episode but unfortunately had to get interrupted...your take on what could of happen was great. Loved it! :)
Stardawn19 chapter 2 . 6/2/2013
Interesting twist on Ten Little Warlord, which is actually one of my favorite episodes. I'm not sure I buy the whole shipper thing though, but then this is early Xena, and perhaps she's a little distracted with mortal Ares.

I do like how ever how you have this story cut into two pieces. The first part almost a transcript of the episode dressed up with Xena's internal thoughts, and then the second something totally different. It's unexpected, I think and therefore it makes it interesting.
Lady Augustin chapter 2 . 1/17/2013
Oh thank you so much for actually making and alternate version HOT and Sexy all the way :D.

Believe me I prefer this version over the original anytime any time any day :)

I'm telling you this is how it should of happened, Xena and Ares were truly meant for one another.

Well thanks again for gracing us with this lovely story.
Only1ToniD chapter 2 . 1/16/2013
OH WOW! MY LORD! That was... SO HAWT! GAWD, so sexy! I am... just um, OMG!
xentrya chapter 2 . 1/15/2013
This was sooooo hot:) I'm so glad you wrote it! Now, this is what I call the real version of the reality that all of us would have wanted to happen:) Ares is one lovable guy...A girl can't help but fall for him:) Good work- really really god work:)
Zandrel chapter 2 . 1/14/2013
That was pretty hot. Very, very good. Loved this line that Ares said:
"Come on, Baby, give it up for me."
Anyways, the making love was good, the desk, ugh everything! Good job :)
Zandrel chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
Niiice work! I'm glad Xentrya persuaded you to start posting some of your other work! I loooove the last line: 'Nothing needs to be said and nobody moves, for I know what lies in his heart as he does mine; doesn't mean I have to admit it though.' It's so good the way you delve into the minds of these two characters and do it so well too.
mel chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Nice version of the story, I wish they had made love:)