Reviews for TFHS 2: The Two Front War
Guest chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Thanks for the extensive summary which is definitely necessary given your very personal version of the story.

Slightly disappointed that there wasn't Chapter 1 as well. I am so looking forward to how you are going to address your Shepard's reaction to being "brought back" by the hated Cerberus, his interactions with Jacob, Miranda and how TIM persuades him to work with Cerberus. In one way its slightly more plausible with your story since your Shepard has completely burned his boats with the Alliance leaving him without any other real allies. But knowing that you are now in effect a cyborg made by Cerberus would make for a profound crisis of identity. It would be very hard to trust yourself I would think especially if you have allowed yourself to be persuaded to work with them however logical the rationale. I would always be wondering if it was really "me" or a just Cerberus creature with the illusion of free will. Also looking forward to "Freedoms Prospect" as well of course for the big romantic reunion :)

Although I had some reservations about your Shepard's obsession with headbutting the Alliance rather than focusing on the Reapers in TFHS, I have no such reservations about him doing so with the Normandy's Cerberus crew. Its obvious that there should have been far more and serious conflict than that expressed in the game and most fanfics. The crewman for one are likely to be xenophobic Terra Firma types for a start and have far less ability or desire to cover up their utter disgust over Shepard's love of Tali than Miranda and Jacob. For Tali the feeling would be mutual. That scene between her and Jacob when she first comes aboard after Halestrom rang true. That's the sort of tense unpleasant atmosphere that should be there all the time on the ME2 Normandy so I'm very glad you are going that way.

Looking forward eagerly to Chapter 1. Hope it appears soon !
eriskbo chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Damn forgot to log in...

Totally agree with the there being much more and more serious conflict between Shepard (and his alien friends and lover) and the Normandy's xenophobic Cerberus crew and that it doesn't just get simply charmed away by Shepard's smirk. Those kind of conflicts of interest and ideology don't just fade away. Besides there is so much good storytelling potential in it :)

Looking forward eagerly to Chapter 1
Rubrik chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Your story is one of the best fanfics I have ever read. While there were moments when Shepard annoys me, I finally agree with what he is fighting for, especially after the Battle of the Citadel. This reminds me of the wikileaks controversy. I had a conversation with my friend who condemned the wikileaks while I was partial for it. Anyway, I digress. Because of the division, and the turians being quite happy to fester human unrest, how the hell is Shepard going to unite the galaxy against the Reaper invasion? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE how amazingly you handle the political shitstorm in TFHS. I'm just looking forward to how he will unite, IF he unites, the galaxy.

One last thing: are you going to venture deeper into quarian politics, especially on the whole geth vs quarian issue? I didn't like it how in the games it was a mostly "geth are innocent, quarians are stupid for attempting to wipe them out" story and sadly, in some forums, an all-out condemnation of the quarians are thrown around (I was surprised at how many people justify wiping out the quarians). It would be interesting to see some some gray area to the issue.

Can't wait for this story to start. If I could, I would marry you for being just an amazing writer.
Thworp chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
"Everything after ME2 can die in a fire."

Yeahhhhhhh...
Inverness chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Well I'm really looking forward to this.

Cerberus is a major sticking point for me when it comes to ME2 and ME3 stories with me so I'm glad to see you're not going to follow the ridiculousness of ME3. I was very disappointed in that game because I had hopped Cerberus and the Illusive Man in particular would be an opportunity for Shepard to have to deal with moral issues and tough choices about how to head the war against the reapers. I hated the Deus Ex machina that was the Crucible because its a magic button that excuses ridiculous (imho) choices like blowing up the collector base, a potentially valuable source of intelligence. Considering that Jack Harper was the only one other than Shepard to receive forewarning about the reapers in the form of visions, that the two would end up having to work together whether to beat them whether they like it or not.

Instead, Cerberus has become the Team Rocket of Mass Effect, they are indoctrinated in ME3 because BioWare can't come up with a better villain. Making it worse is the fact that the typical player is more worried about Cerberus than the Reapers because the Reapers just _have_ to be defeated for plot reasons, but they can't say the same about Cerberus. That line of reasoning really irked me in all the debates I got into about the collector base decision.
MB18932 chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Numfar, do the dance of joy.
*does dance of joy*
It should be very interesting to see exactly how civil war on the Normandy SR-2 will go down. It will be interesting to see who takes which side. I think I can rule out Tali siding with Cerberus, though. Herp derp!
Also, since it seems that you really don't like Mass Effect 3 in ANY way, would you please take a look at my ME3 fic, And We Shall Overcome? It roughly follows the original plot, but I have made drastic changes to the formula.
LordValmar chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Yay, part 2 begins! I love your story, been following it since 1. Looking forward to see where things lead in the ME2 setting. One of the few fanfictions I actually get giddy over seeing a new chapter. Definitely one of the most interesting and unique tales out there. Anyway, eager to continue reading the journey of the first human spectre.
352 | « Prev Page 1 .. 14 21 22 23 24