Reviews for Everyone's a Critic
80sarcades chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
This was too funny! Especially the scenes with the ex-Major, LOL! Wonderful story; I'm just sorry I didn't get around to it sooner.

Sometimes, I wonder where they got the idea for some of those shows:-)
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
Wow, this was clever indeed. I really enjoyed this, even with the issues a few other reviewers have pointed out. Overall, well done.
Belphegor chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
This story is a hoot, I laughed several times - I could just imagine the look on "Hochtetter's" face when "Schultz" told him off (awesome moment!). I think I got pretty much everyone, like Olsen, or the not-a-girl-in-real-events secretary, but I couldn't figure out who the man in a grey flannel suit who turned tail was.

That said, that was a hilarious, tongue-in-cheek story, thanks for sharing it with us :o)
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
That was great! I love how you used this to address a lot of the complaints about the show, but with a wry sense of humor.

Thank you!
Tirathon chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
This was really great. I've read it twice already - the first time, I was laughing too hard at parts of it to be able to see straight! The characters are dead-on, and surprisingly easy to differentiate without names (though I'm a little unclear on who the teacher is). I love the way you handled the balance (or tension) between history and comedy. There were nods to both, as well as canon, fanon, and some of the discussions we've had here. I loved it in every way.

I do have to second Abracadebra's points about some awkward bits of syntax. I found some misused punctuation further down, too. You might want to get a second set of eyes to look at that. It's mostly things that I wouldn't even have noticed in a badly-written story, but this is so good, the flaws stand out more sharply. It is very, very good indeed.

(And I'm glad to see that you're a Bavarian instead of a Dusseldorfer, as far as camp locations go)
konarciq chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
Ha ha - this was certainly interesting! I believe I recognized most of the characters (LOL Carter and his degree!), though I'm not quite sure where Gene Reynolds came in. He certainly didn't *produce* HH.

Some nice insights, too, as to why Hochstetter was missing the first season etc. And the historical goofs, and the eternal Stalag 13/Hammelburg problem.
Abracadebra chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
I can tell it's cleverly constructed but I read it three times and am still unsure of what is going on, I'm not usually thick. I can't understand who the seldom seen character is.

There were some writing issues - many of the around the use of relative pronouns - that forced me to do a double take. example: "...said a tall, thin man with glasses that approached the colonels and their group.". The glasses approached the colonels? No, the man did, and writing "who" instead of "that" would have made this clear.
ColHogan chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Absolutely loved this! The characters are true to canon and I loved the interaction. If anybody had a right to complain it would be the gang. I especially loved Hogan worrying about what his wife will think about him kissing all those girls in the 'line of duty'. LMAO at that image. I also loved Schultz standing up to Hochstetter. The last line was so hysterically funny. Great job.
Marie1964 chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
I really loved how "Schultz" stood up to "Hochstetter;" as you said, that speech came from the unlikeliest of sources which makes it all the more amusing. But how come it was all men? No French woman, or Russian woman?

All in all, this was great! A truly unique take on the show.
newkathy97 chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
LOL if anyone has the right to be critics, it's them.

Loved Hogan worrying about what his wife would think...
Jinzle chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Very cute. I really liked it but you forgot someone. :(

But it did have me laughing all the way through it.
El Gringo Loco chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
As someone who remembers the run up to first run. (I remember the other shows cited in first run as well) I love the way the characters remain true to form even twenty years after the end of the war. And I could easily imagine something like this happening.
Hildegaarde chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
What a lovely little snippet! You've done a great job at providing enough detail about each character to easily identify them, while keeping the whole thing moving at a nice brisk pace without too much description. Nicely done!
dust on the wind chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
A very clever idea, executed with skill and humour, and a very good helping of plausibility. It drew me well in.

I particularly like the sly comments about historical awareness. If they had only known...

Well done, indeed.

dust...
mmwaveprincess chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Love it! Such a great parody-er I'm sorry record. All the complaints and the behaviors...hilarious. Just what you expect if the gang saw the show(the real gang naturally!). Love your explanation of how the Major suddenly appeared. I know I'm tossing 'love' around a lot but it's great! Really!