Reviews for Reaching across time
Akumi99 chapter 39 . 10/11
I moving on to look for other stories. Thank you for the haunting and harshly realistic beginning that had me entranced. I hope you keep writing and sharing your stories with the world. Just because I ended up disliking where this story went doesn't mean much. Plenty others loved it.
Akumi99 chapter 37 . 10/11
Finally! Something is being done! Of course, she appears to have wasted an entire year, but this has given me a little hope that the story will get back on track. Well...back on track for me. It's probably on track for you. Haha I just wanted more of a battle hardened and fierce Hermione and it seemed like that's what I was getting the first few chapters...then that derailed for me and I got a giggling teenage Hermione instead. So, here's hoping I get some more of the Hermione you started to create in the beginning.
Akumi99 chapter 33 . 10/11
When is she actually going to do anything? I mean...she mentioned she knew where the horocruxes were and then there's been absolutely no effort are her part to change the future other than that one meeting with regulas. So really, when she's complaining about having everyone's lives of her shoulders I'm confused, because she's doing nothing about it. I'm also a little disappointed that she got rid of her scars when she could have accepted them and let them make her stronger while saving the tears for a life or death situation. I just feel like this story is losing its objective.
Akumi99 chapter 30 . 10/11
It really has turned into a teenage rom/com. I...I spent most of this chapter confused and wondering if Hermione has as split personality. She was more girlish and childish than I'd ever seen her. It was weird. All the giggling. I'm still holding out but I think if it stays this way I may have to start my search again. I'm just not a huge fan of cheesy teenage rom/coms in connection with traumatic life altering time travel. The two don't mix for me. You have good ideas and are a talented writer, so please don't take my comment as a personal attack. The story just appears to be heading in a direction I can't get myself to enjoy.
Akumi99 chapter 24 . 10/11
Ron is mentioned! Woot! However...there was absolutely no resolution on her feelings towards Ron and her suddenly being with Sirius right after talking about it is weird without any narrative explaining her inner emotions. All of her emotions seem surface deep only and you mention them once and then they're resolved without any real healing on her part. So, good chapter, but I feel like Hermione is two dimensional.
Akumi99 chapter 23 . 10/11
Seriously!? No thoughts whatsoever about your dead fiance? Lovely. It's only been a few months. I started so good. What is this? When did I fall into a cheesy romance story? I love cheesy romance stories, don't get me wrong, but the beginning was so chilling and harshly honest...and now it's a rom/com with barely any thought on Hermione's part about what happened just a few months ago. That's highly unrealistic and weird to me. I'll keep reading, but I think I'll need to adjust my expectations a little so I can enjoy it for what it is now.
Akumi99 chapter 22 . 10/11
Seriously...what about Ron? If him being Hermione's fiance and then dying in front of her doesn't really mean anything, why put it in the story? Sigh. Also, where does she get that her and Sirius are meant to be? Just because everyone says so, that doesn't actually make it true. I really liked remus having a better transformation, but now I'm wondering what he's going to do for the rest of the full moons. Did they steal enough ingredients to last the rest of the year?
Akumi99 chapter 19 . 10/11
I love how she leaves everyone disoriented and impressed all at once. She's the boss. Haha
Akumi99 chapter 18 . 10/11
I am annoyed that Hermione did the whole cliche ego boosting heroines always seem to do. Sirius really did commit attempted murder and betray his friend over petty teenage nonsense. It would have been more profound and realistic if Hermione agreed he had done wrong, but he could receive forgiveness and learn from his mistakes. Instead it was full of dismissive tripe and blind ego stroking. Sirius isn't perfect and is kind of an immature hothead. He was that way in the future, which is how he died. He was too busy taunting Bella and ended up dead. So...please don't turn Hermione into swooning and fawning love interest. There's nothing I hate more. In also think her sudden devotion to all things Sirius is weird and unexplained from her point of view. There's been no thoughts of Ron and that rubs me the wrong way.
Akumi99 chapter 14 . 10/10
They're so idealistic. I don't think I was ever that naive. I was always more of a Severus. By the time I was a teenager I already knew the world wasn't a nice place and it was filled with horrible and cruel people. That sometimes bad things happen to good people for no real reason. It sad to see the differences between Hermione and the rest. And even though it would be sad, I hope some of that idealistic coating the others have will eventually be rubbed off.
Akumi99 chapter 12 . 10/10
Oh good, I was worried until I read your A/N that Hermione was going to turn into one of those girls that enjoyed girly things like a normal innocent teenager. I'm glad you're keeping it realistic to the Hermione you've created. I've read so many bad stories lately that my faith in hp fanfiction was withered quite a bit and I keep waiting for your story to go off the deep end. It hasn't so far and that's awesome, so I'll try to keep a little more faith.
Akumi99 chapter 11 . 10/10
Ugh...romance. She's swooning over Sirius here pretty early without any thoughts of Ron. It's disappointing. You'd think she had enough on her mind without daydreaming about how good looking Sirius is. Sigh...I'm not giving up over that though because I like the rest...I'm just begging you not to have them be so focussed of the awkward teenage romance.
Akumi99 chapter 10 . 10/10
I think it was kind of childish for her to throw such a tantrum and act in a such a way that opposes all logic. I can understand where she's coming from, but I still think it was immature of her. However, it was realistic and I don't like what everyone around me does, so I enjoyed reading it even if I disagree with her.
Akumi99 chapter 5 . 10/10
Too early for romance! She just watched her fiance die! be fair...It was Sirius becoming attracted to her and they're all so innocent right now. I still have faith she won't just suddenly be ok and move on right away.
Akumi99 chapter 4 . 10/10 stupid is Dumbledore to tell her she's too young? That whole line was full of hypocrisy during all the books anyway, here it was so absurd I started to laugh. Like Hermione is anything like a teenager here after everything she's gone through. Ridiculous.
1,409 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »