Reviews for The Hybrid Theory
hellsingsage chapter 17 . 5/18/2019
please I need more
Guest chapter 17 . 2/8/2019
DUDE, where is chapter 18?This is GOOD, please dont drop this story!
Guest chapter 17 . 12/28/2018
Ohhhh my God they're finally getting their shit together and now they're under attack. Well, I'm hoping now they can fully kick ass with each other now that they know they just need to bone
Guest chapter 6 . 12/27/2018
Black*Star "fluttering his eyes in traditional asshole fashion" made me lol. He is such a little shit. I kinda feel bad for Soul, honestly.
Mikawon chapter 17 . 10/15/2018
New reader jumping on this band wagon late, but sure glad I did! Fantastic story, and I'll be waiting on the next update whenever it comes!
abbeyroad010207 chapter 17 . 6/30/2018
i know its almost been like a year but update please
PishedPK chapter 17 . 6/28/2018
Please update! I love this so much AND it kills me that it ended in a cliffhanger. I know it has been a year since you updated but smh this is so good
jessistentialism chapter 2 . 3/29/2018
I freaking LOVE the way you write Soul! His wit and sarcasm and not-coolness is incredible and so on-point.
Maka too is great, trying to pull off as low-key when she is "practically thrilling with excitement".
Really digging the way you give life to these stubborn little asshat soul mates.
Absolute favorite line:
"Exasperated, he wondered vaguely about the hiring procedures for Shibusen employees. Surely this shit couldn't be legal."
Can't wait for more! _
Guest chapter 17 . 3/28/2018
I love this story so much! The cliffhanger is killing me! Please update!
jessistentialism chapter 1 . 3/25/2018
Hello there!
I stumbled upon this fic tonight (it's 2:18AM) and I'm immediately enthralled. My name is Jess, and I'm going to try to review every single chapter!
I know this first chap was written 5 or 6 years ago- and honestly, that excites me even more to leave reviews.

So far, I love your writing.
The perfect combination of your narration, inner monologue, and outer dialogue makes for great storytelling and a good read. :)
I'm really, really looking forward to The Plot Bus hitting this one! I can feel something awesome brewing just below the fluffy ship bubbles (which are PERFECT btw), and my body is READY FOR THIS SOMA ADVENTURE!
Can't wait for it to kick my ass!
Kylaralynn chapter 17 . 11/14/2017
Oh. My. Stars. I. Love. This. So. Much.
Okay, seriously, I LOVE post-canon fics for almost any fandom, but it's especially satisfying when the ship doesn't quite sail in canon. I'm so grateful to authors who pick the story up where it left off and see to it that the chemistry between characters actually progresses somewhere.
I like how despite this all being from Soul's pov, we still get little glimpses into the others' thoughts along the way.
My reactions while reading - From the beginning I agreed with Soul - anything that Stein cooked up HAS to be a bad idea... Wait, the little demon dude is back? I thought they locked him in a mental box, how the fuck did he get back here? Not surprised about Kid's "camping" arrangements, but HOWWW? Um, that scene in the pond, with the waterfalls? YUM. More please. The hell is that syringe even for? Hooo boy, the dream, and the silent treatment, and the wrath... this is all building up marvelously. The prank - oooooo, I love pranks, plus great job throwing in a bit of comic relief. Also so unexpected that it was Kid's idea (AND he's telling jokes?). Of course Black Star would be good at camouflage but still can't keep his mouth shut. He'll just be a sentient tree. That should make anyone think twice. HOLY SHIT THEY'RE FINALLY HAVING THE DAMN CONVERSATION! I love how it's so tentative and neither is actually coming out and saying it, but they're still managing to get the message across and I can't wait and DAMMIT of course they get interrupted, NOOOOO.
Okay, so now will they be able to go back to normal resonance, and will it work alright since Soul won't be trying to hide anything anymore? It seems like we're getting to a big turning point in this story. Are we? Will there be some resolution soon? How many chapters are there expected to be by the time the story ends? So many questions - I really don't need answers, just needed to get that all out there. I'm SO nervous about the amount of time between past chapters because I'm so anxious for more, but even if it's a while, I'd be perfectly happy to reread the whole thing. I enjoyed it that much. Good luck with whatever you are working on currently or next! I look forward to it.
HuaFeiHua chapter 17 . 10/2/2017
oh boi i can't wait to wait like five months for an update bc you're working on resbang! ! ! ! not that i'm trying to guilt you into updating goodness no, write at your own pace. i think that's just my way of saying im excited for your resbang entry bc i think you mentioned it in your last a/n and i saw your name on the list on tumblr today, so.
anyway i got the mad cackles while reading this fic. i kinda just trudged through it for the first few chapters bc the writing was pretty mediocre tbh but i mean it has all these follows/faves, so it must be good, right? plus that part was written like five years ago, your writing would have improved beyond belief in that timespan! ! ! and i was right, your writing IS amazing now and hell yeah do you deserve all this attention on the story. a bit of a slow burn you've got here, huh? like 65k words and they're only just starting to get into the realizations of mutual feelings bit.
i'm pretty sure the reason you like to end on cliffhangers has to do with giving each chapter a sort of "concluding" feel, even if it's not really a conclusion. ending on a plot twist feels satisfactory to the author because it's not like it's just ending at a random point, which it would feel like if you just cut off just before the twist (not to mention how weird it would be if you just started out the next chapter with a plot twist w/o giving the previous chapter any closure .-.), plus it gives you a place to jump off from for the next chapter.
also don't worry about the long spans in time between chapters. i noticed you apologizing for being absent for a full two years and like yeah, dropping off the face of a fic for two years would warrant that kind of reaction, but hey! you update! ! ! that's great! ! ! ! ! better than cutting out just before the dramatic climax of the entire fic and dropping off the face of the earth for five whole years leaving your readers with nothing but tears and curiosity as to what happened to you but turn up with absolutely nothing.

anyway i love black star and soul's relationship in this. the blackmail. dear god. and then soul just can't blackmail him back because /black star is just that stupid omg/. there's a disappointing lack of bro puns from black star, but that's more than made up for with all the gold jokes anyway. i also appreciate the tsubaki maka friendship.
i really liked the scene where soul was pretending to sleep but he was actually just listening in on maka's rant to tsubaki. that rant was like wow such relatable girl talk btw.
also the finding a way to make seven symmetrical. that was also good. stuck out to me.

anyway. great work! ! ! ! ! !
Betheanime12 chapter 17 . 9/18/2017
AHHHH WHY DID YOU HAVE TO END IT THERE?! Omg I can not wait for the next part! I am so damn invested in this story you have no idea! Thank you so much for writing this amazing story. My heart can barely take those two idiots dancing around their feelings! Sosososo good! Can't wait to read more :)
Dyantier chapter 1 . 9/17/2017
Really good story. I really love to see someone trying to bring some conclusion to Maka and Soul's relationship. I hope it gets finished soon!
Kara Jayne chapter 17 . 9/13/2017
asfjkp! You updated! And they're facing eachother's feelings. So drawn together, and yet in such denial. You write conflicting emotions so well, that you want to see them together, and yet at the same time you want to scream at them. Thanks for the update! Looking forward to your part 2, and your resbang! 3