Reviews for A Brick in the Wall
smj chapter 28 . 49m
Just took a long leisurely read through your entire epic once again. . .all 28 chapters. I live in the Philadelphia area and it is now almost 1:30 AM. Combat! runs back to back episodes from 1 - 3 on Verizon's channel 473 (Heroes & Icons.) I am reminded how your story and your gifted writing style continues to bring these heroes and icons to life. Just wanted to send my grateful thanks once again for a phenomenal job!
Jl chapter 1 . 7/22
Am I to assume that chap. 28 is the last chapter?
It's been nearly a year since the last chapter. I guess tha SAunders and Kalgren go home and Hanley and Cage
Go on medical leave. All get medals. I hope I am proven wrong since I love your epic.
Sandi chapter 28 . 5/5
I do so hope that this will be finished. Every time I read it, I wait in anticipation that it will have an ending
Jl chapter 28 . 4/12
We're waiting with baited breath to see what happens next! Still waiting after almost 7 months.
combat fan chapter 28 . 3/16
"you're killin' me, Smalls"
every day I check...nuthin. I wish you weren't so good. I wouldn't miss your work so much.
guest chapter 28 . 1/11
I was so hoping for the next chapter by now. It seems like a very long time since the last one. Please don't abandon this story when it is so close to an end. Your writing is so wonderful and I'm sure your ending chapter will be the same.
Barbara chapter 1 . 1/9
Well, thank you for all the time you spent on this work. It was much enjoyed by your many fans. You have a gift and nailed the characters and the universe. While the sympathetic characters were the obvious heart of the story I was especially impressed with the texture you brought to the story's two villians, the torturer and the weather. The torturer was multidimensional, and the interaction between him and Cage was revealing. The role played by nature (and I am not discounting pine cones) was also well developed and provided tension in several chapters. The only weakness to be found was usually in spoken syntax or references more coherent in our time than the characters, and those were few and easily overlooked. All in all a major contribution has been made to the Combat fan fiction library.
2 yr fan chapter 28 . 11/16/2014
This has been an awesome ride and since I can't write, I appreciate the time and effort that goes into it. That said, I have to add that this has definitely cured me of reading works in progress. Just can't take it
Cl 63 chapter 1 . 10/29/2014
Type your review for this chapter here
I just read the latest reviews and it seems I'm not the only one looking for more. I check the number of chapters every now and then hoping to see a 29! (or even more)
Eva
Cl63
JL chapter 28 . 10/29/2014
I know that all your multitude of fans are awaiting the end of your great tale. They want the end, but of course they want it to go on. All things end. Perhaps an epilogue would be
Appropriate. This last chapter was so telling about Hanley.
Again, thank you.
Guest chapter 28 . 10/23/2014
I didn't review by the Chapter because I was anxious to get to the next Chapter...This is an amazingly good story, well written...I love both characters... though the Lieutenant has always been my favorite. I posted not long ago that the Lieutenant would go through hell in gasoline drawers (an old saying) for Saunders... this story validates that for both of them...and for Caje. This has been the first time I have read your work, Donna told me about it and gave me the link... it certainly won't be the last. You weave a story magnificently... Thank you... Iris Motley
Guest chapter 10 . 10/23/2014
Just keeps getting better and better...
Guest chapter 1 . 10/23/2014
I found it interesting...catches your attention right away...well-written. I am enjoying the read...the descriptions are well done...
Cl63 chapter 28 . 10/9/2014
Just reread the last 10 chapters again. Um, at the risk of being a pain, could you do another chapter? Please?
twobrothers chapter 28 . 10/7/2014
Very realistic story. The closeness of soldiers who served together is impossible to break. As the daughter of a World War II vet, I appreciate the time you have taken to write about the brave men who served in that terrible war (and any other). Love the relationships between Hanley, Saunders, and Caje.