Reviews for A Brick in the Wall
Combatfan chapter 29 . 1/16
I thought you were going to finish this
Guest chapter 1 . 12/24/2015
I'M HOOKED!
Guest chapter 27 . 12/24/2015
EXCELLENT! PLEASE KEEP WRITING!
Guest chapter 28 . 12/24/2015
EXCELLENT!
Guest chapter 29 . 12/24/2015
This whole story was EXCELLENT! Please keep writing! Reading about the characters makes them come ALIVE more so than one hour COMBAT episodes. I tried to limit myself to 2 or 3 chapters a day, but it was hard not to read ahead! SO, is the end of chapter 28 the end of the story? I wanted it to go on and on, but didn't want Sarge to suffer any longer either!
WinterSunshine chapter 1 . 12/1/2015
When are you going to finish the story
Guest chapter 29 . 10/11/2015
WHEN DOES THE LAST CHAPTER COME...THIS IS 2015 OCT. THOUGH I AM SURE ALL WILL BE WELL, BUT STILL...BY THE WAY, YOU ARE A GOOD WRITER THANK YOU SO MUCH WRITE MORE,PLEASE
Guest chapter 8 . 10/10/2015
BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN, CONSIDERING ALL YOU HAVE TO WORK WITH ARE WORDS, AND WORDS ARE NOT NEEDED BY THOSE WHO...KNOW...AND SO THE REAL WORDS WERE NEVER INVENTED.
M DOMKE chapter 3 . 10/9/2015
IT IS OBVIOUS YOU ARE A WRITER. GOOD STORY, WELL WRITEN AND CRAFTED. WRITE SOME MORE. THOSE OF US WHO KNOW KNOW WHAT THE SERIES WAS TRYING TO SAY. THE QUESTIONS ARE STILL PERTINENT, HAVE BEEN SINCE WARS BEGAN, WILL BE TIL WARS END, ABOUT THE SECOND BEFORE NEVER...GOD WATCH OVER US...
smj chapter 29 . 9/21/2015
I am very glad to see your post. Having read some of your recent reviews, I feel compelled to say, "I fervently believe that people, ALL People, do the best they can with the tools they have." You have done the best you can - and no one can argue when one does the best they can! . . . well, they can argue but . . .(They're idiots - no, just kidding!) They are doing the best they can as well. So, I remain patiently pleased and waiting for your next installment! Thank you!
snooky-9093 chapter 29 . 9/20/2015
I frequently think about your story, and I was thrilled to find the update notice in my box. I'm glad to see you and the reviewer have made amends. I know too well how real life gets in the way. (I'm struggling right now with a story that is over a year old) Please do what is in your best interest.

Sue
Kimberleah chapter 29 . 9/20/2015
I'm so glad you will be putting a cap on this Combat FF. I'm always frustrated when good FF is not finished. But I also realize that shit happens in people's lives. Writing must be very time consuming. So I am always appreciative when someone writes hood stuff. Thank you.
Guest chapter 28 . 9/18/2015
Swamp Rat...you really have some nerve trying to finish a story that another person wrote. I know she hasn't posted for a long time but that is her business. She will post the last chapter when she wants to do it. Who do you think you are that you can do that? Unbelievable...totally unbelievable.

This is an excellent story. The "last chapter" that you thought you could write, doesn't even come close to how well this story has been written. I think that is what gets to me the most. You certainly are not a writer!

You should be ashamed of yourself for doing what you did.

I am not a writer but I sure do appreciate all the writers that write Fanfiction for Combat. Not only do I appreciate the great writers but I want to read what they have written and not what someone who has no clue decides to write for them.

I would hope that you would never do it again.

A very upset faithful reader!
swmpratt chapter 1 . 8/25/2015
I'm stili here, hoping for a conclusion, a happy one for Sarge, is still coming. I have read this story at least a dozen times and it never gets old. I hope you are in good health and that you still are going to finish this wonderful story. It would be a shame not to. So, please for all of us who have waited so patiently please finish and finish with our favorite characters intact.

If I dare suggest, the ending could be short even with something like,

"Hanley sat vigil for days while his seyrgeant quietly slept, his fever
dropping, his breathing improving, his lacerations beginning to heal. Hanley
thought Saunders actually had even regained some color in his cheeks. Hanley
stayed by the sergeant, his friend, despite the words of the medical staff that
they would send for him the moment Saunder's condition changed. He knew they
were worried that Saunders was sleeping so long, but Hanley never lost faith in
his friend. He knew he would return when he was ready.

That afternoon as Hanley woke from another catnap, he found
bright blue eyes gazing steadily at him from the bed. "Hi Lieutenant",
Saunders murmurred softly. Saunders gave him a weak wry smile.
"Been here long?".

Hanley shook his head negatively, a joy that he thought he would never feel again, rising in him.
His friend was back. Tears of joy threatened to overflow but Hanley steadily answered Saunders,
"No, not long. I would have waited forever if I had to".

Sarge smiled again. "Lt. Could you spare me a cigarette?" I seem
to have misplaced mine along with my pants." Hanley started to demur, thinking
of what the doctor would say, when a hand in a white medical jacket reached over
his shoulder and handed the Sarge a lit cigarette, "Sergeant", the doctor said
quietly "I know a lot of people who are going to be overjoyed to see you again."
The doctor quietly left the friends to talk and he went to his office to savor
the best victory he had seen in months.

Please do not be offended by my suggestion. It is your story and yours to
complete how you wish. I just wanted to share my thoughts with you. Thank
you.
Jl chapter 28 . 8/13/2015
Its been almost a year since the last chapter. Please
Finish your great tale..just one more final chapter.
We are all waiting. I hope that you are o.k