Reviews for A Heart of Darkness
biokon chapter 30 . 8/3/2014
Okay I read the story now. And I have a few thing to say chapters 1-20ish were good but after the fight between liars and the butcher of torfan, the story went downhill until the last chapter. That chapter was more like the first 20 chapters. Another thing that annoyed me was the lack of knowing who was talking. Sometimes I didn't knew who was talking up until you described one of there appearance characteristics. I'm looking towards the Cerberus issue. And if I may, please feature the following characters and there updates on how they are dealing with what happened so far; Jack,Hudson,wrex,grunt,Jacob,Kasumi,Kelly chambers, joker,Edi,samara, more of James,Cortez. And finally what's happening in the rest of the galaxy.

But keep the good work going.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/3/2014
The feels. The feels. I'm getting teary eyed just by reading this chapter, imagine the whole story. Awesom fanfic. I can't wait to read the rest.
Ryan2212 chapter 28 . 6/4/2014
Cool story
playfuldragon chapter 25 . 1/4/2014
Wow, this is really great! Thank you for sharing this. It is intense, dark, yet hopeful and positive, too. The character interactions are well done and totally fun to read. I couldn't stop reading it in fact.
Michael1110 chapter 23 . 7/24/2013
Nothing much to add to this chapter :)

Quite liked Ashley's dream and burden as well Liara's experience and more alieness.
Oh and that last sentence made me smile for some reason :D
HanyouKagome962 chapter 21 . 6/9/2013
Dude! Thats an evil place to leave it. Horrible cliffhanger! Update the next chapter now! Lol seriously update ASAP
Michael1110 chapter 19 . 5/27/2013
You also have a way with words :)

Legend
Positive
/ Neutral

1. Liara's sexuality and succeeding to resist
2. Shep's fear and "I feel fine" :D
3. "He changed everything by accepting her for who she had become" :)
4. "Can I truly not remember the last time he smiled like that?" :/
5. "I pushed you away more than once" :/
6. Shep's erection and Chakwas and Liara's reaction :D

7. "How Shepard came from such a weak race I will never know." :D
8. "The restraint isn't a weakness, but an advantage. Is that where the Krogan failed?"
9. Typo: "Pjack"
10. Hudson's fear of jack
11. Javik's message

12. Hudson wondering what Javik did to the doctors :)
13. Typo: "Drs. T'Soni"
14. "This time he allowed a smile to play upon his lips." *grrr*...

15. Lissette's history, patience and motivation (nothing left to live for)

That's that :)
Michael1110 chapter 18 . 5/18/2013
A/N: Oh, thanks :) Not that it was very pleasant, thinking about his achievements and failings again :/

So... for mentioning me you get a full blown review xD ;P

Legend:
Positive
/ Neutral

1. "I am not here to destroy. I am here to accept my guilt..." :)
2. "Who would want such a vile black thing as that heart of yours" :/
3. "I can't fight this battle alone." !

4. Liara/Shep being connected after union thus her sensing his need for her (also the detail of their daughter was nice)
5. Liara's view of the dream world
6. Portray of Liara's doppelgänger; Building doubt which each sentence
7. / "This isn't real a singularity would appear in the medbay"... because Shep is the one controlling the dream thus her biotic actions would have external effects?
8. Liara's view of the doppelgänger; "Her intent to harm this entity was an act of self defense rather than offense"
9. Lecturing Shep; "What more proof do you need that you are worth more to me alive than dead?" :)
10. "I love you because you have an inner strength I don't"
11. "I just hope he has enough fight in him to save my hopes of a family" :/
12. Shep's speech to Liara; "I have nothing to offer you or my child" :/
13. "Shepard, I feel a connection between us and I thought you might feel it too."... I went right back to ME1 with this sentence ;D
14. "I would like to offer you everything I am for the rest of your lifetime" god damn time thing ;D
15. "It was a memory of a time when she didn't need to constantly wear her armor" mental and physical armour :/
16. The final moment where he gives himself over to Liara (and you beforehand giving me a short shock with "I don't think we have a connection.")

17. "She's just another fucking whore that thinks she so fucking superior" :P
18. Plan to kill Liara (dammit!) "What does killing the Asari gain humanity?"; "It was how she learned" interesting...
19. "What I would give for Miranda Lawson" :D
20. Jack's full name
21. "However I chose you because you were efficient, not because you were smart"; "connecting the dots" :/

22. Ashley being worried about Jack's behaviour and seeking help from Garrus because of his experience with her
23. Sidonis; "He deserved to suffer"
24. "How many of them now bare battle scars"; "She's their anchor" :/
25. Jack and tears; "It took a colossal effort"; "trust" !
26. Portray of Jack; "I don't need revenge…"... oh the change...
27. The relaxed conversation that follows
28. Ashley; "She's come a long way since Eden Prime"

That's that :) Great chapter!
Please do let me know what you thought of the review. Good or/and bad :)
Michael1110 chapter 17 . 4/28/2013
Oh I am still enjoining the story very much. Especially this chapter :) So keep at it!

"She could return to her gentle ways once he recovered, but for now – she was the Matriarch her mother had wanted and he needed."
This describes Liara currently pretty well! :)

Also quite liked how you portrayed Hudson and how he saw his accomplishments as well history in Cerberus.
Reminds me somewhat of Casey Hudson ;D
darksider45 chapter 17 . 4/27/2013
Awesome Chapter! Can't wait to find out which choice he makes!
DN7 chapter 17 . 4/27/2013
Ah... Gotta love Liara when she gets into Broker mode like that. Excellent job as well with TIM's right hand man, it added that little bit extra to make it believable that there were still Cerberus elements out there.

Can't wait to see what will happen when the Normandy arrives. Keep up the awesome work!
darksider45 chapter 16 . 4/17/2013
Beautiful Chapter! One of the best fics I've read!
DN7 chapter 16 . 4/16/2013
Not going to lie, your fic here is by far one of the best ones I've read in a long time. This is the first chapter I'm reviewing due to technical problems, so I will simply say that everything you've done thus far has been executed very well and in a manner more people should strive for. I've pointed my Twitter followers here and will give it a shout out when I release the next chapters for my own fics as this story deserves far more reviews than it has.

Keep up the awesome work
darksider45 chapter 15 . 4/12/2013
Excellent FanFic! I'm looking forward for the next chapter!
Michael1110 chapter 15 . 4/2/2013
Excellent Chapter. Especially liked how Liara handled the Illusive Man as well the beginning with Jane :)