Reviews for A Different Take
Soulless Warlock chapter 2 . 2/14/2013
It's hard playing without a template. I did it with The Winner Takes It All and that was one of the rougher stories I've written. But, the thing I've learned is that if we just let the story flow, the characters will work their into the situations for us.

This was really good chapter. I honestly thought Mitchell stole the show as everything he did was stitch. Who knew listening to Puck was a bad idea? Wow, he really doesn't listen to anyone, does he?

Also, Puck singing Cherry Pie was piss-inducingly funny. I can actually see him performing the song on the show and everyone reacting the same way as they did in this chapter.

There's something I've noticed in this story. The change in style as you jump between all of the characters. With Jack, we have a very florid, verbose tone while with Puck or Daniel, it's more of a relaxed kind of quality, while with Mitchell, it's very ADD, and Kurt and Blaine have a rather real tone to them. I like the fact that you gave all the characters a sort of inner monologue voice without it being an inner monologue, if that makes any sense.

Like I said, I liked this chapter. And don't lose faith, the story will flow at some point.

Signed
Soulless Warlock
Alecks454 chapter 2 . 2/14/2013
i like it! Jack makes me laugh and he should be with Rachel! In the show finchel though...
Soulless Warlock chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
Wow. Where to begin? I guess I'll start with Jack.

You have his character down. I honestly think you write him better than I do. You have all the contradictory qualities that the character possess on display (his love for Rachel contradicts the hard shell he shows to everyone, and the fact that even though he's a know-it-all, he still asked others for advice) and I love when other writers see because it makes me feel like I created a multi-layered character. Thank you for bringing that out of the character. I look forward to seeing how his arc plays out.

Rachel's storyline is obviously going to intersect with Jack's, but I like how their storylines are nearly identical. She has the same sort of contradictory qualities that, I confess, were accidental on my part when I created the character of Jack. But, there are some subtle differences I've noticed in this story. Rachel is more than willing to ask others for help and has those insecurities that make her a good character while Jack lacks those qualities but is still a tad insecure in terms of his chances with Jack. She's focused, so I wonder if she'll notice him? I hope so.

As for the subplots, I'm loving them as well. I like that Mitchell and Marley know each other and that he's in a relationship with Brittany. The two characters would, strangly, compliment each other and it gives Mitchell a chance to be the rational one. I'm also curious as to why his sister is such an issue. By the way, the name scheme in his family is great.

Since Artie isn't allowed to come up with conspiracy theories, I'll take the lead. Are Dylan and Jenn sneaking around? I wonder. The mystery there intrigues me. And the conversation between Daniel, Tina, Puck, Rory, Sugar, Mercedes and Artie was funny. Plus, Daniel's lion Win!

Altogether, I'm loving this story and can't wait to read more. Keep up the good work
Gone Rampant chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
Ah, the lion returns! And so do you, come to think of it.

This was great, can't wait to read more.
Alecks454 chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Ok so i like Jack! Rachel should do Opps i did it again from Britney 2.0 or Start me up/living on a prayer from season 2! I loved those songs by her!