Reviews for I'd Rather Pretend
Bree chapter 9 . 4/18
This was a wonderful story. It reminded me of growing up, taking chances, angst, confusion, and the whole nine yards. lol Your take on Natsume and Sasayun was perfect. Their quirks, personalities, and attitudes were well explored here. It was like extended seasons of "My Little Monster", but covering more of their daily lives. I loved glimpses of Haru's craziness, and Mitty's cold sensibilities. I'm glad you kept Sasayun a bit of a mystery. He was never an easy character to read, but he's stable. While Natsume is just this big bag of neurosis and self doubt. She's so precocious in internalizing everything. The flow was perfect, and I could imagine literally every scene quite vividly.

You know it's a good story when it has you bawling, laughing, and feeling hella embarrassed enough to want to shriek hysterically; while hiding in a hole.
The ending was bittersweet, because I feel it ends w/ a good note. Though there's always that uncertainty and it left me a bit teary eyed. They've grown up some...I see them staying together.

This was a lovely slice of life. Kudos!
keikew chapter 9 . 4/10
Your story kept me giggling and hooked for a whole day! Thanks for writing this. I was searching for good SasaNatsu fanfic and your story was exactly what I wanted. I wanted closure for what I read in the manga and you delivered everything I expected and more! The emotional rollercoaster was sweet and passionate and so natural throughout. I loved their natural chemistry and Sasayan's intense but controlled love towards Natsume. I live for the way his control withers away in the most vulnerable moments and he lets it all come out. I LOVE IT thank you
Mari chapter 9 . 4/3
This is so heartbreaking, why must you do this to me?
So beautiful. That ending was so well thought out, unlike anything I've ever read before.
Sejson chapter 1 . 2/21
Holy shit, how can you write them so perfect. Ughh I just really really love your characterisation of Natsume and how you potray her internal problems. It makes the story much more enjoyable to read and it makes me long for more of your writing. I just wanted to say that I really loved this story and your writing, hope you have a good day!
Poppymelon chapter 9 . 2/20
I followed this story from chapter one, and I had reread it numerous times while waiting for the last chapter. Finally it is finished and I want to congratulate you. You should be so proud!
This story is seriously the masterpiece in the Natsume/Sasayan fandom.
xxIcyAngelxx chapter 9 . 2/14
Such a beautiful ending! It was wonderful throughout the entire story and you've kept its tone true to the characters. I admire how you've written Natsume and Sasayan so much. There's so much potential between them and I'm happy to see you cultivate it perfectly. I'm glad you continued their story and ended on a hopeful note! Natsume found resolve and they're still together. Its incredibly sweet to see Sasayan sticking by her and the humor is still there so it doesn't hinge solely on drama. Very well-written.

Thank you for writing this amazing story!
HypRRNeRd chapter 9 . 2/12
Wonderful, satisfactory ending. :)
Sanchesse chapter 9 . 2/12
This is one of my absolute favorite stories. I completely fell in love with your writing and portray of the characters. I love the romanticism that flows throughout this story, and how the characters learned and changed together. As a reader, this story was such a joy to behold, and I am a better person now for reading such a good story. So thank you for sharing this with us, and I hope you may continue to do so. Be in with different characters, or a small "this is what happened next" paragraph for old time sake. Ah, I'm not sure how people usually end reviews with. So, thank you again and have some seriously great days ahead!
Nyu-tan chapter 9 . 2/12
That last line killed me.

Congrats on finishing this piece!
ichigo-daisuki chapter 9 . 2/12
I'm so happy for Natsume and Sasayan
They took another step towards the future together.

Words cannot describe the joy I felt when I noticed you completed "I'd Rather Pretend", snappleducated. Thank you for sticking with the story until its end! May you have or continue to have days full of happiness ahead of you (-o-)/
Yume chapter 8 . 2/11
BECAUSE IT ACTUALLY SHOWS WHAT THEY ARE AND WHAT THEY COULD BE
IF YOU UPDATE THAT IS.
SO PLEASE UPDATE.
I'M BEGGING YOU.
(Caps for intensity. Hahahahhaa /shot)
kickbuttowskiyeah chapter 1 . 1/27
I already gave a rather long review but i just realised i haven't put this story to my favorites, so ignore this.
kickbuttowskiyeah chapter 8 . 1/5
This is genius, i mean how did you do that? Well bottom line i love this! And i love you for sharing it! This is such a great writing. I love how good you are playing with their minds, eye contacts and how difficult her life is. You didn't cross any line by making sasayan looks this cool, every detail only gets me to believe that this is sasayan and natsume's conversations over their feelings and how difficult it is having relationship with natsume being like that, but bottom line, it was worth it. I really like to see others of your writings. I see you wrote harry potter too, can i suggest you to write about how draco met his wife? Astoria Greengrass. It's just a thought, i think you're going to be terrific in writing about that too. Well anyway, sorry for such a long review, i thanj you so much for posting this, i hope you keep writing, have a nice day!
SasaNatsu Lover chapter 6 . 12/25/2014
OMG! I'm crying! T_T. You had a VERY GOOD STORY, you know?