Reviews for I'd Rather Pretend
TheRandomGirl chapter 9 . 11/4
What a satisfying ending. I was planning on reading a few NatsumeSasayan fanfics but this was so satisfying I can't imagine reading another story for the next two days or more (maybe). Definitely something I'll reread again, and I'll surely remember this when I'm craving some good NatsumeSasayan.
I don't know if I want her to be an actress, since she might barely have any time for Sasayan, but I also love how she's finally deciding something and moving on with her life, making decisions. In fact I would be happy if this was the actual canon ending. Alright, I'll probably end up imagining their relationship turns out to be something like this from now on anyway.
Sasayan is so sweet and Natsume is adorable. Their relationship really grew into something beautiful. Natsume and her pov were really great to read. Many tears were shed and I laughed out loud at times too :D
About the M rated scene, I thought it was great. Usually these scenes are just about being sexy, but with this it felt like more. Less physical, more emotional. I liked fhe transition from the previous scene to this, since it made everything feel so meaningful.
Overall I felt the whole story flowed really well. I wasn't ever impatient or frustrated (though I felt sad for the characters and the situation). The characters felt not OOC at all, and they even grew over the course of the story. I felt like you took the characters from the manga and added more to them, but in a perfectly believable way that gives me more insight to them. The short times the other characters appeared were nice too and I also liked how they weren't forcefully inserted too many times that they felt like extras.
Most importantly, the ending was satisfying. Of course I would have loved more (there can never be enough, their interactions are the best!), but the important things are resolved. Not everything is set in stone and we don't exactly know how their lives will turn out, but their relationship and determination to move forward in this direction to make things possible is really nice.
Tldr; it was amazing and I love it. Sorry for the long repetitive review but just know that I love you for writing this :D
TheRandomGirl chapter 6 . 11/4
I haven't cried so much for a fanfic in a long time, even when I cried for the earlier chapter. I'll continue reading now
TheRandomGirl chapter 2 . 11/4
Wow this was amazing. The conversation between them. One paragraph would have me feeling bad for her and the next would have me feeling so bad for him. And overall it was just really sad. But everything absolutely made sense and was true to their characters. I wonder what's gonna happen now.
TheRandomGirl chapter 1 . 11/4
Oh my god I usually don't review a completed fic till I'm done but halfway through the first chapter and I was itching to leave a review already. And I didn't even know what i wanted to say.
I really love your portrayal of their relationship. And Sasayan in your story is just so endearing. He gives her his attention, maybe a little hopeful, but doesn't really expect anything back. And yet he's incredibly direct about things and strangely pushy, though he doesn't make her do anything she doesn't want. But despite him saying it is ok to remain friends for now, and his caringness when it comes to Natsume, everyone knows he wants more than that. And that's what makes me really love his character :D It often seems to be about what he wants and what she doesn't want, and he'll rarely go into the territory of "what she doesn't want", because he's such a great guy. Yet I love when he gives in to his feelings and does something... ahhh
And Natsume's reaction to him is very realistic in my opinion, since I'll probably feel the same as her in this case. Being afraid of what he wants, yet slightly hopeful for it, and disappointed when he pulls back even when it's what she wanted. The more she wonders the more curious she gets, and the more wary she is. But Sasayan as usual is handling her very well, and oh god they are so adorable.
I also really enjoy the way you write. I'm not sure what about it though. But even in the first few paragraphs about things like oranges, I already found myself really absorbed in the story :D
I am so excited to be reading the rest of the story so I shall get to reading it now. Love you!
HappyH chapter 9 . 10/11
I love this story so much. You are an amazing writer.
Arrianna chapter 9 . 6/25
The best I've read so far!
A perfect ending. I really enjoyed this story, it was very accurate with the characters and also believable enough to be incorporated into the manga. Bravo!
I think you've done a great job in capturing the characters from the manga in your story so far. It's all very natural but still has funny little anime/manga-esq things like with Natsume and the cat for instance. You've got a good build going on so far and I just want to commend you for it.
Unknown chapter 9 . 4/22
This book was good but I would imagine them as different characters. I hoped there were more scenes with Shizuku and Haru but there weren't, bummer. Natsume and SasayaSan didn't act much like themselves. You know, I've always imagines Natsume with Micha and Sasayan with Oshima. But well, this is just my opinion. No hard feelings anyways.
N chapter 1 . 3/22
Oh my goodness I LOVE this. It is so well written and they are so in character.
freyja0taku chapter 9 . 3/16
This is really awesome. Their interactions feels natural.. The funny, sad and sweet moments. I had fun reading this.. :3
Love this story. Great job and keep writing!
RayneaLuna chapter 3 . 2/14
I could feel all the emotion... and it's nice how you ended the chapter,,! It's kinda viewing rainbow after a long downpour...
U're really a talented writer...! (。)。
theonlyreason chapter 9 . 2/4
this is so good it gave me all the feels my kokoro is bursting withe feels
Lenakyu chapter 9 . 1/14
Okay, first of all, i am spanish so if i make any mistake i am sorry, but because of that i am bit sad, maybe i couldnt understand the whole story in detail as there were some words that i didnt understand, however i really like the story and its amazing how well you catch the personalities of the character as if you were the author, i really admire it and i really admire your story, honestly thanks for giving me the opportunity of reading such a work of art like this. i hope you have success with the novel on which you were workingi dont know if you have already finish it as you were writing it long time ago...), continue giving us more works of art like this in the future