Reviews for I'd Rather Pretend
theonlyreason chapter 9 . 2/4
this is so good it gave me all the feels my kokoro is bursting withe feels
elenachaacci chapter 9 . 1/14
Okay, first of all, i am spanish so if i make any mistake i am sorry, but because of that i am bit sad, maybe i couldnt understand the whole story in detail as there were some words that i didnt understand, however i really like the story and its amazing how well you catch the personalities of the character as if you were the author, i really admire it and i really admire your story, honestly thanks for giving me the opportunity of reading such a work of art like this. i hope you have success with the novel on which you were workingi dont know if you have already finish it as you were writing it long time ago...), continue giving us more works of art like this in the future
elenachaacci chapter 9 . 1/14
Okey, how should i start...? Well, first of all, I am not spanish so if i make any mistake writing i am sorry. That's other thing i am bit sad because maybe i couldn't understand completely and in detail the story as some words were difficult for me, however I had really love this story, honestly, you catch the personality of the characters like if you were the author, I really admire that and i really admire your story thanks for giving me the opportunity of reading such a work of art like this. I hope you have a lot of success with the novel that you are working on (I dont know if you have finished it as you were writing it a while ago...), continue giving us stories as beautiful as this one in the future 3
BlackCatNeko999 chapter 9 . 9/22/2015
What a way to end this story. I loved the whole development a lot. They all were in character the whole time and I enjoyed the story so much. Can I say that I stayed up all night to read this? I couldn't stop until the end. Thank you for writng this and good luck with everything you've got planned! :)
strawhatmikans chapter 9 . 9/2/2015
I started this story a long time ago (back when it was incomplete) but I've just read the whole thing over again and I must say, this is absolutely beautiful and definitely one of my favorite fanfictions. Your writing style flows so nicely and conveys just enough but not too much. The way you write these characters is spot-on (Natsume and Sasayan are characters who seem difficult to grasp and other fanfics don't portray them nearly as well as you do). I've learned so much from your writing and enjoyed it a ton. Thank you so much for writing this! I love it a lot :)
Minion chapter 9 . 8/25/2015
Hi. I'm just dropping by to say how much I love your work. It's truly a piece of art and I cannot describe in words how much I'm awed by the way you've presented Natsume in your story. Her character is on point, but you've managed to give her more character than I've seen in the manga and it truly amazes me because whenever I read a best-seller published book, the thing that dawns on me is that the main character never really grabs my attention unlike all the others do. It's as if they merely exist to see what's going on and do as they're told. They're rational, or reckless, or not observant and without a proper purpose because 'it's just who they are', but you know the feeling where you don't really know the character personally even if you're reading from their point of view? Unless it's through someone else's perspective in the story where we go like, "Ohh, so that's what they're really like."
As an aspiring author myself, I am obliged to learn from you! You may be the first author I don't envy of or feel insecure by, but would want to actually learn from. It really scares me to think that my main character won't grab much attention because she's so like me and I love her a lot as much as all the others, maybe a little more. I just want you to keep going with your writing and that I really look up to you because you gave the characters so much life! I've searched around so long and even though this is a fanfiction, it deserves so much recognition.
ChibiRaccoon chapter 9 . 8/22/2015
Omg OMG OMG OMG.

I just got into the fandom of My little Monster (which forced me to kick my husband out of my life for a few obsessive days of screaming and other fangirling quirks) and I have just fallen so in love with HaruxMitty, and the insanely adorable Natsume and Sasayan pairing. Natsume is so interesting and unlike so many characters but her fears and worries are so real. I was sad that they didn't get a chance to actively date in the manga or anime but at least it was heavily implied that they got together. I love them so much!

Your story has been the best! You've really captured both characters well and I love the way you portray their journey. If I have only one thing to criticize then it would literally be the lack of Haru/Natsume friendship because the two of them are so funny together but that just might be my own love for all things Haru taking hold of me. Chapter 7 was so great (will we have more of that in the future? Don't judge me!) and I'm looking forward to their life after college. Please keep updating! This story is very much appreciated!

-ChibiRaccoon
Kawaii Otaku Potato chapter 9 . 8/13/2015
Omg, I love this fic so much,, it was absolutely beautiful
spoiled princez chapter 9 . 8/1/2015
Oh this is too wonderful~ Natsume... was repetitive and too insecure and too much of an overthinker, and at times I've started to grow annoyed with her, but hey, this is just so real. That's what made this story wonderful, how it stayed true to Natsume's character. And gosh, Sasayan's overly patient and sweet, haha, it's really nice how they complement each other. I just ship them so much, and I'm so glad to have found this fic (first ever Sasayan x Natsume fic I've ever read)! I just love it

P.S. Shizuku's cruelly cute as always xD
practicingproductivity chapter 9 . 7/26/2015
I am so happy I decided to read this because it is so overwhelmingly beautiful. You are very good with imagery and metaphors and with getting inside Natsume's head. I think that you perfectly captured her low self-esteem and how she is self-destructive. I do like that this fic was about overcoming emotional barriers, rather than just physical ones. I definitely felt Natsume grow over the course of the story. So I just want to say thank you for writing this! As much as I love Shizuku and Haru, Sasayan and Natsume are my OTP for this series by faaaar.
KawaiiOtaku0405 chapter 9 . 7/8/2015
I LOVE YOUR STORY 3
thank you for making it , nice ending
Bree chapter 9 . 4/18/2015
This was a wonderful story. It reminded me of growing up, taking chances, angst, confusion, and the whole nine yards. lol Your take on Natsume and Sasayun was perfect. Their quirks, personalities, and attitudes were well explored here. It was like extended seasons of "My Little Monster", but covering more of their daily lives. I loved glimpses of Haru's craziness, and Mitty's cold sensibilities. I'm glad you kept Sasayun a bit of a mystery. He was never an easy character to read, but he's stable. While Natsume is just this big bag of neurosis and self doubt. She's so precocious in internalizing everything. The flow was perfect, and I could imagine literally every scene quite vividly.

You know it's a good story when it has you bawling, laughing, and feeling hella embarrassed enough to want to shriek hysterically; while hiding in a hole.
The ending was bittersweet, because I feel it ends w/ a good note. Though there's always that uncertainty and it left me a bit teary eyed. They've grown up some...I see them staying together.

This was a lovely slice of life. Kudos!
keikew chapter 9 . 4/10/2015
Your story kept me giggling and hooked for a whole day! Thanks for writing this. I was searching for good SasaNatsu fanfic and your story was exactly what I wanted. I wanted closure for what I read in the manga and you delivered everything I expected and more! The emotional rollercoaster was sweet and passionate and so natural throughout. I loved their natural chemistry and Sasayan's intense but controlled love towards Natsume. I live for the way his control withers away in the most vulnerable moments and he lets it all come out. I LOVE IT thank you
Mari chapter 9 . 4/3/2015
This is so heartbreaking, why must you do this to me?
Guest chapter 9 . 4/2/2015
So beautiful. That ending was so well thought out, unlike anything I've ever read before.