Reviews for Comfort
cherrygurl1225 chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
*FLAILS* For me?! *squee* Thank you! I LOVE this companion piece! It's so perfect and a wonderful testament to Jack's character. Drunk Jack is one of my favorite things ever. I'm not even kidding.

I've always believed that Jack was morally malleable (and I will tell that to Jason Priestley's face when I meet him someday... yup!) and I think your fic encapsulates this - or at least a part of it.

"After every funeral Jack Harper goes to a bar" - YES! I love the twisted irony and what he immerses himself in. I like the detail about Jack spending basically all of the money he has on alcohol because I feel in some way that is like giving Richard the middle finger. It's his subtle way of ignoring his calling, forgetting about it and disregarding/disrespecting his mentor. I also love the detail about ignoring Richard's phone calls because I believe he would do that, too. I think a part of him loses himself in the alcohol because he doesn't want to face Richard's wrath or his condescending remarks about Jack's failures.

He'd rather be drunk than think about Tru. YES. (Because, in my twisted mind, that means he does care about her, even if he doesn't realize it yet.) LOVE the dialogue between Harrison and Jack, too, because, like Tru, when Jack is around Harrison he's made out to be the bad guy when I think he really is a victim of the circumstances/calling he's been placed in. I'm not sure if I can say the same thing about Richard, though. I think a part of Richard was always cold and condescending and I'd like to think that Jack's moral malleability presents a threat to Richard even though he no longer has the calling (but Jack might eventually have feelings for Tru, even if they are dormant now). Am I making any sense?

"The Davies family always seems to find a way to shame him, to force him to feel guilty—Tru with her self-righteousness, Harrison with his loyalty, Richard with his devious ways." - EXACTLY!

Small note: Avery is a redhead. Lizzy Caplan has red/strawberry blonde hair in TC, but she seems to change her hair color with every role I've seen her in, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. :P

"Madness might not to be so far off for Jack, but he'd kill himself before doing anything to hurt Tru. He isn't the monster Richard wants to make, he'd never let himself be that.

Jack Harper is Death, but god he wishes he didn't have to be sometimes." - ALL OF THIS!

I'd like to think that a small part of him, even when he pushes Tru from his mind, still has those feelings about her. At the very least what you've stated that he'd kill himself before hurting Tru. It's these little subtleties that I love, that make the Tru/Jack relationship dynamic so interesting to me. They will forever be in a "dance" - together in the forbidden sense or not and the more Jack resents his job, the more he will feel this sort of attraction for Tru. It's somewhere! I know it is!

Can I make another request since you're still trying to get to 100 fics? I think my favorite TC fic you've written is 'Mutual' and that is romantic angst. I would LOVE to see another romance/angst fic from you or romance/hurt/comfort.

Some ideas: bandaging physical wounds leading to eventual physical intimacy (so cliche, but I love it), one of them rescues the other and Tru/Jack cuddling. Unless you are inspired to write something else and I'm sure whatever that is will be awesome.

THANK YOU AGAIN, LIZ! *hugs* You are awesome and your fic gives me SO MANY FEELINGS. *sends virtual cherry basket from California* :)