Reviews for An Indefinite Epitaph
HawthornSword chapter 17 . 7/16/2014
This was really really excellent. The characters were seriously spot on. I absolutely love stories that fill in the parts we never got to see. kudos. :)
Martienne chapter 17 . 6/2/2014
I finally finished this piece and I have to say that it gives me a lot greater insight into Connie's character - she's always been hard for me to get a handle on but reading this showed me her thought process. The only thing I sort of missed was the moment when she first began to be suspicious, but that may have just been inattentiveness on my part.
Alkeni chapter 17 . 3/20/2014
A very good chapter. I especially liked the interplay of the exchange between the Committee and C.T. in the thread of the story.
Alkeni chapter 16 . 2/28/2014
This is a really amazing fic - and of course, making me like CT so much just makes me know how tragic the end for her will be...

I hope you update soon!
Martienne chapter 12 . 6/23/2013
You weave together your scenes with what we saw in canon seamlessly, and it gives a good perspective to what was happening between them. I was surprised at Joshua's sympathy for the Director. Perhaps he knew what it was to lose someone precious.
Brendanmudk chapter 12 . 6/23/2013
Wash and Connie Fighting D: Somehow I can't bring myself to hate the insurrectionist Leader. And Men, I hated that guy in season 9. But I loved this Chap. please Continue!
BrendanMudk chapter 11 . 6/21/2013
I actually can NOT wait for the next chapter D: Is it coming out soon? Because I think I fell in love with your story ._.
Lili-Hunter chapter 10 . 1/28/2013
I'm noticing, now, how the fic has lost its dreamy, abstract quality that was so evident in the beginning. I don't know if you did it consciously, or it just happened, but either way I feel like it's very symbolic to Connie's mindset during the chapter. The soft edges have been ripped away now that she knows of the Director's crimes, and everything is very harsh and real for her now. The writing still has echoes of the dream, but it's more removed, as though Connie's subconsciously trying to soften the mental blows that destroyed all her belief and trust in the program.
And I enjoyed her thoughts on whether or not she should trust any of her fellow Freelancers. Poor Connie - you can definitely see why she thought she was alone.
(The third-last line was perfect, by the way.)
Another brilliant chapter, I enjoyed every word. Keep up the amazing work :)
Lili-Hunter chapter 9 . 1/13/2013
Wow, I really like this chapter. Connie's finally detached herself (at least, mentally) from the program, though she still remains with Wash. It'll be interesting to see how much longer that lasts.
And I like her thoughts that she should become more like her mask - hard and angled. It was another good chapter :)
Lili-Hunter chapter 7 . 1/5/2013
Seems like Connie is starting to have doubts about the program. I like her thoughts on Carolina - she pushes herself so hard, needlessly. And Connie's bitterness that she tries as hard as she can and yet still she isn't good enough for herself. It seems perfectly in character, and you can sense that this is the beginning of the long fall that leads her to joining the Insurrection.
And Wash, being a superhero. Being Connie's superhero. I like that - it's sweet and innocent, and captures their relationship well.
Good chapter, as always. :)
Lili-Hunter chapter 6 . 1/5/2013
It was interesting to see Connie get her Hologram ability, and see her face off against Maine with it.
And seeing the difference between her disbelief at not being on the leader-board when she lost, and her giddy excitement when she won against Maine was also thought-provoking. She still has quite a lot of her innocence, which she had lost by the time she became a major character in the series. Great chapter :)
glittering wolf chapter 7 . 1/1/2013
Wow, deep. Good job.
glittering wolf chapter 6 . 1/1/2013
Very well done!
Lili-Hunter chapter 5 . 12/25/2012
Another great chapter :) I like how Connie has to consciously remind herself that "love was not captivity, was not surveillance." An interesting thought, and one that suits Connie's mindset really well. You seem to have captured her personality perfectly :)
Lili-Hunter chapter 4 . 12/22/2012
Wow, I really like this fic - good job! It's interesting how you wrote it so dreamily (that's the best description I can come up with right now) especially in the first few chapters. As though this is Connie looking back on her life, right at the end. I like it - it's a good style, and you make it work. Great job.