Reviews for How to Save a Life
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 27 . 8/5/2016
What a lovely ending. This was another great story from you.
You certainly went above and beyond to give EVERYONE a happy ending here, including Liesl and Rolfe, who usually don't.
Love that Maria and Georg were married on the ship, and the line about just simply watching the sunrise and not worry was gorgeous.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 26 . 8/5/2016
Beautiful beautiful beautiful.
Love the way he pulled her hands away from her face and kissed her without a word.
Love how she told him not to let go, how he asked her to marry him and her response. Such a gorgeous ending.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 25 . 8/5/2016
I'm betting you had a lot of fun writing this chapter.
Even with zero DA knowledge, this was just a gem of a chapter; it could be a perfect crossover oneshot. The way Maria and Anna's conversation paralleled Georg and Mr. Bates' was lovely and I'm so glad they gained some comfort and came to their senses; Bates' final line was awesome.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 24 . 8/5/2016
So sweet.
The scene at the hotel was great; I love the adults giggling over Fiona and Georg insisting he could carry his own bags. I do hope they talk soon, because his response to her speech is leaving them both uncertain.
And while I may not be a DA fan, I applaud that you added them to the story.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 23 . 8/5/2016
Oh my. Feels.
That was a very powerful speech from Maria. I liked how it also addressed her opinion on what happened on the train. I'd really have to rewrite it out in its entirety if I wanted to mention all of my favourite parts, but the lines about belonging nowhere, and not living with the man who would throw her heart away were especially powerful.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 22 . 8/5/2016
Oh help!
But the conversation Maria and Georg had with their friends were great, and each was perfect to them. Particularly loved Elsa's contribution and how she knew what to say and what not to say.
I do hope Max has a plan, because this is an awful situation for everyone.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 21 . 8/4/2016
That was a perfectly selected passage from The Hobbit; it brilliantly explained their situation and time at Elsa's villa.
Maria's routine of checking on Georg every night is beautiful, and I love how she didn't hesitate to wake him when it got so much worse. The fact that he asked her to stay was lovely, and the way he kissed her neck the next morning was gorgeous.
But it's clear he still has demons haunting him.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 20 . 8/4/2016
Love the bit about Elsa's past and how it connected with the villa and her relationship with Georg - very clever.
The line from Philomena about Maria saving the von Trapps was lovely, especially when Georg reaffirmed it, and I love Elsa and Maria bonding; especially over clothes - Elsa line about it being her mortal weakness and strongest suit was brilliant.
Maria waiting in Georg's room was beautiful, and I love he asked her to read to him and she insisted they take turns.
Also glad the children made it to England.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 19 . 8/4/2016
Poor Georg, after what he went through with Agathe, knowing he caused it will definitely make things harder. Max's worry for his friend is genuine and I'm glad they have faith in Maria.
Maria's conscience is the Reverend Mother. Awesome and very fitting.
Love how even with everything, she still won't hesitate to make sure her Captain is alright, and the tiny kiss she gave was a lovely parallel to the one he gave her on the train.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 18 . 8/4/2016
How fitting in not the best way that Maria would lose her voice. But actions do speak louder than words, and these were beautiful actions. The way he understood her, just from her smile speaks volumes and I love how they never let go of each other's hands.
Glad they made it to Zurich safely.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 17 . 8/4/2016
This was intense!
I had a feeling that the guard was Maria about three quarters of the way through the last chapter. The final line all but confirmed it.
The way Georg stopped as soon as he heard 'her' was wonderful, showing just how gentlemanly he is. His 'leave me, see to her' that Maria then repeated was beautiful.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 16 . 8/4/2016
Love Hans' bond with Georg; the way he can tell him everything he needs to, and yet nothing, in one single look is great. True friendship indeed. And how Georg reminded himself to look for the silver lining.
Georg's pent up anger when they finally got on the train is totally understandable. I just hope he listens to Rolfe before things get worse for 'her'
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 15 . 8/4/2016
So sweet. Love the planning and how everyone wants to make sure everyone else is safe and alright.
Mina being 'as good as Maria' with the storytelling was awesome, and I love how she comforted Rolfe after everyone had left; that is not something you see very often.
Neither is Maria cursing, but I loved it; the way everyone stared at her dumbstruck, and with the mention of her uncle as a reason as to why she would know those words. And she knows something we don't...
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 14 . 8/4/2016
Love that Max could be worried and serious and still maintain some element of his witty self, and Maria's repetition of the line about Liesl not being a child anymore was great.
The scene where Liesl and Rolfe burst in on Friedrich and Mina was sweet and silly, but also sincere. The fact that Rolfe's decided to send his sister off with the von Trapps is very brave of him.
And the way you brought up Maria's feelings through Max and Frau Schmidt, and all we saw her actually do was lie on his bed was really heartfelt and strong.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 13 . 8/4/2016
Rolfe's painful position was shown perfectly, and I love how Maria insisted Doctor Falk hear the news too.
So glad Friedrich got to talk to Mina and that they came to an understanding. The final line from Mina question about them falling in the lake was brilliant.