Reviews for That First of Days After
Forest's daughter chapter 1 . 9/25
Your dialogues are so real! I also love the way you described the aftermath of that bloody battle. Going up against Ravenna could not have been easy and there had to be heavy casualties even though Snow White won the war.
sudboroughn chapter 7 . 5/15/2015
This conversation has gone stale. It should not have lasted more than a chapter. This is not how men and women speak to each other. This is how women speak to each other.
sudboroughn chapter 3 . 5/15/2015
The author takes a significant misstep here. Presuedly to further the story but at the expense of continuity. It was made clear in the scene of the White Hart that the huntsman has sensed the inherent awe that the princess inspired: when he nodded his assent to the declaration "Where she leads, I will followā€¯ there is no appearance of irony or doubt in his face. Only sincerity with a touch of bewilderment.
sudboroughn chapter 1 . 5/15/2015
How many of these poorly written stories have I read before finally stumbling upon the one I was looking for? Mature, probable, reasonable, and beautiful prose. Thank you.
grk.llk2808 chapter 9 . 9/9/2014
I absolutely love the story and I really hope there will be a sequel because this is the best story of swath I've read. Praying they'll be a sequel.
Flint and Feather chapter 4 . 6/18/2014
I can begin to feel sorry for Eric here, who's absolutely not of the disposition to, nor in any condition to repeatedly explain his adopted position to Snow, as is insisted of him for some prolonged time. The exposition of his intention to go away is very necessary for her to hear and be convinced of. Had it not been for that, I could have seen him get himself together, miserably injured or not, and be gone within twenty minutes. But none of the onlookers would have let him get out of bed.
Flint and Feather chapter 3 . 6/18/2014
No surprise that Eric would shun the nobles' offers to provide for his temporary comfort in favour of the hospitality of the plain folk. Only among them would he have heard the dwarves discussing the plans they hoped to follow to reconstruct their lives - and been made to give up his thoughts on his wish to be free of any further obligations to the Queen. Fortunate enough for them all, as they realize, to have found a bath, a meal and a place to sleep.
Flint and Feather chapter 2 . 6/18/2014
Such knowledgeable homely touches in this scene, like the saddle soap Eric carries to keep his drying leather from stiffening to unwearable. The arrival of Anna and the fens dwellers is a needed bright moment for him, plus the revelation by Goody Coyle of her distant relation to Sara, provides him with an unexpected alliance which is practical to the point where the women insist that he can't go without better attention to his injuries.
Flint and Feather chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
Here's a good deal of descriptive detail in setting the physical scene of Snow's homecoming and the hurry to get all the necessities in order for an immediate next-day coronation. No surprise that Snow should be constantly reminded of the leavings of Ravenna's reign, such as the fate of Greta - so that Eric gets his chance to split off to settle his thoughts.
ladeerelli chapter 9 . 5/10/2014
Written true to the time. Eric's explaination and breakdown of Snow spot on.
Kristin04 chapter 9 . 1/21/2014
I do hope for the furthering of this endeavor. I kind of think that some of it was OOC and in places got a little repetitive but thats just my thought. I enjoyed it for the most part. As always, I encourage you to keep moving forward with your future writings.
Kristin04 chapter 3 . 1/21/2014
I keep forgetting to review, jeez! Anyways, I think this is great so far and I'm enjoying the concept of it. As always, I encourage you to keep moving forward with it.
Bugula chapter 8 . 9/26/2013
This is such an awesome story, at so many levels! It is well written and well developed. It is very believable and the new characters are likable. I like the whole setting, the emotions shared, the truth/realization spoken and learnt, and the doors the story open. I would love to read the epilogue and of course, read a sequel. I really enjoyed your story, there is so much potential for much more! Please tell us what is happening during that year and one day, and of course, when the Huntsman comes back!
Jacal Ste. Worme chapter 9 . 8/24/2013
Totally understand all your points as expressed by Eric but is it wrong im so foolishly insisting that he and Snow end up together anyway? I hope you write an epilogue at least. Please? Great Job!
LenaLove95 chapter 9 . 8/21/2013
I really liked this last chapter. I felt like the pacing and flow was good. I love that Eric compared Snow to a duck following the first person she saw after being in captivity for so long. I felt like that is definitely something he would say and it's just cute.
I'll definitely be checking out your notes in the forum and waiting for the sequel :)
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »