Reviews for Affray
LaylanatorXVII chapter 1 . 8/22/2015
"A decade hence, and /imagine/! You might progress all the way to the /corridor/."
Priceless, precious line.
In true Gaiman style, you have revealed enough of the backstory to spike my curiousity and remained cryptic enough to not entirely satisfy it. Not entirely sure if this impresses or frustrates me more. :-)
Thanks for writing! I loved it.
coolcat12345 chapter 1 . 10/16/2014
Gaiman-esque,with spirits and gods creating themselves from dreams and beliefs and should write more of their last comment about serving is confusing,thought.
Lord of Tuft chapter 1 . 10/13/2013
Very well done. The Cat is my favorite character in both novel and movie and I wanted to find some good fanfiction about him. You certainly delivered an interesting read about the relationship between the Cat and the beldam and honestly it's nearly what I myself had imagined.. Good work, my friend
Model Builder chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
Well, I don't know how I managed to miss this wonderful character study; this duel between the Cat and the Beldam from the "Coraline" universe. Thought provoking, and very well executed.
Revan 3 chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
This story is horribly, soul-wrenchingly perfect. It's like drinking a cup of despair, with a wedge of hatred for flavor. Or some other metaphor that cannot begin to convey Your writing skill.
Pickle pirate chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
Omg, I love it!
:D
Your an awesome writer!
Zane-Ice-Fairy chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
Oh wow! This was so amazing! You're an amazing writer!
Woodswolf chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Wow...
Amazing.
There are no words to describe this this, just as there are no words for all of your other stories.
If you realize that yes, there are words to describe your stories, and that they're all similar descriptors as the one listed above, just remember that it's 2 AM here, that I've been staring at this computer screen for about six hours straight now (and before that I was staring at a TV screen for a good hour and a half), and that I have been up since a bit before seven this morning.

Now, To the Characters!

TO THE CHARACTERS:
CAT:

You're wonderful. It's been quite a while since I've read a story focusing on your past and psyche. In fact, I'm not sure if I've ever read one. Quite sad...
The game you play is dangerous, but you have won... for now.

BELDAM:

I'm not sure whether I want to cheer for you or Cat, since both of you are amazingly awesome and I love you both.

Beldam: Well, thanks. Want some buttons?

Me: If only you weren't just virtual!me talking to virtual!me...

Beldam: Forget the Fourth Wall for a minute here! Want. Some. Buttons?

Me: Fine, I'll forget the Fourth Wall.
And now I'll level the playing field. Sure, I'll take your buttons.

Cat: Are you on my team or not?

Me: I am on your team! ...But I'm on her team, too! SO CONFUSING OMFG!

Cat: Calm down already.

Me: Nah. I like panicking. Especially over nothing. Especially when it's not me, and a character. Especially when it's Coraline.

Cat: You're a bastard.

Me: Thanks.

Cat: I was talking to both of you, but that's fine, I guess.

To The Author:
To the Grand Marquis Carabas, God of Fanfiction:

On a random deviantART search today, I found out the meaning of your name, Sir Marquis de Carabas.
I also found out that you're more of a Gaiman nerd than I am. I really need to read Neverwhere and his others - I've only read Coraline and American Gods (and my excuse is that the nearest bookstore is over sixty miles away).
Thank you.