Reviews for After the Nightmare
Galaxy-eyes chapter 13 . 9/6/2014
This was a great story, but I'm kinda wondering what happened with Ayumi's parents. How did they resolve that issue?
JDH1080 chapter 8 . 8/13/2014
To be honest...so far I'm actually really disappointed with this sequel. I mean its fairly well written, but the story is like the basic plot synopsis of any teen drama. Which is a weak follow up to the previous story. It really feels like a huge step back. I was hoping to see Ayumi and Yoshiki slowly adapt to regular life and experience the obvious changes to their dynamic outside of the environment that brought them so close together what with all they experienced in Heavenly Host, but it feels like this didn't need to be a continuation. If you cut out all mentions of Heavenly Host from this story all you get is a average teen drama. Another thing that bothers me is how they react to the teen drama, after all they went through in the haunted school and being able to survive you'd think they wouldn't give two craps what others think of them. Sure Yoshiki getting pissed at someone dragging Ayumi's good name through the mud is believeable, but I'd imagine Ayumi wouldn't care too much what others think of her, after actually developing in Heavenly Host and managing to get through seeing so many dead bodies, dealing with vengeful spirits, pulling something off a dead guy, and even aiding in killing Kizami, I imagine she wouldn't give a damn, I know I wouldn't..
It actually makes me sad considering how well you did with the previous story. But despite my disappointment I'll still finish this.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/29/2014
"Well, Shinozaki, they know how to make you hit those high notes!"
That got a good reaction from me IRL... Heavenly Host Nightmare was great, and this is turning out to be great as well! This was very well written! Of course I adore most of the main Kisaragi students, especially Yoshiki x Ayumi, I LOVE Seiko. I think you guys captured her personality well :)
Guest chapter 13 . 7/21/2014
Holy crap, beginning from the first story to this, it was an amazing ride. Although, the last chapters have made me feel more heartbroken then happy. But, without a doubt, this is one of the top tier fanfics of corpse party.
Re Bob chapter 11 . 7/16/2014
(First of all, I understand that your review is now almost 2 years old, but I still have to share.)

It's very important to keep in mind that Ayumi has had a somewhat dark past. In Chapter 13 of "Heavenly Host Nightmare", the fanfic preceding this one, she revealed to Yoshiki what had happened to her when she was younger.

"When I was younger, my dad's friend from work would babysit me. My parents liked having one day a week when they could go out, and Sis normally had plans with her friends,"

"So, every week, my dad's friend would come and babysit me... it was innocent enough. He had been nice... let me stay up late, even watch some movies my parents really didn't want me seeing. But then... things slowly became weird... he would ask me to sit on his lap during movies,"

"Things became worse..."

Based on this alone, you can imagine how her distrust of guys came to be. Although, since she was able to share this with Yoshiki, it goes to show how much she put her trust in him.

Fast forward to the aftermath laid out in this chapter, I don't think it's fair to blame Ayumi for her reaction. There's the matter of self-control and judgement, in terms of the events between Ayumi and Yoshiki on that Saturday, which Yoshiki confessed about. Even though this *is* just a fanfic, I do believe there's a life lesson to be learned in all of this. It's definitely not right to keep something of that matter to himself, no matter how he felt about it.

Sure, they've gone through a lot together, such as being in Heavenly Host, but that doesn't change the past; more specifically, *Ayumi's* past. There's no changing the horrible things that took place in her past, therefore, not even the fact that Yoshiki loved her so much can be used as a valid excuse to not do anything about Ayumi's actions on that Saturday. She wasn't in her right state of mind. He should've known better.

No matter your view on the situation, I'm sure you agree with me when I say that the writers behind this story are absolutely stunning. This Corpse Party fanfic is top notch. With "Heavenly Host Nightmare" and "After the Nightmare", I've definitely enjoyed every one of the 175 769 words. What a thrilling ride! :)

Ayumi x Yoshiki
Re Bob chapter 11 . 7/16/2014

"Things became worse..."

Sure, they've gone through a lot together, such as being in Heavenly Host, but that doesn't change the past; more specifically, *Ayumi's* past. There's no changing the horrible things that took place in her past, therefore, not even the fact that Yoshiki loved her so much can be used as a valid excuse to not do anything about her actions on that Saturday. She wasn't in her right state of mind. Of course, since he hadn't done anything about it, the right thing to do is to let her know right away and apologize.

No matter your view on the situation, I'm sure you agree with me that the writers behind this story are absolutely stunning. This Corpse Party fanfic is top notch. With "Heavenly Host Nightmare" and "After the Nightmare", I've thoroughly enjoyed every one of the 175 769 words. What a thrilling ride! :)

Ayumi x Yoshiki
c chapter 13 . 7/11/2014
8 hours of my day dedicated to read this piece of work. It's one of the best stories I've ever read, any other professional author just can't come up to this.
My feels during the story were all over the place, I love this so much!
I hope you and your friend pursue maybe becoming an author in the future. :)
m.afumafu chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
Interesting chapter...
turtaniumX chapter 13 . 3/29/2014
Certainly would love to see an epilogue, other than that I enjoyed reading this through :)
WeirdRaptor chapter 5 . 9/21/2013
Seriously. Fuck Ayumi. Putting a barrier back up against poor Yoshiki was just low.
Chief of the Storm chapter 13 . 7/28/2013
This is such a happy ending... but...why do I feel so hollow... I know! This story is great, this chapter is great, but this doesn't feel like the end. I sincerely hope you make a sequel to this story!
WeirdRaptor chapter 13 . 7/1/2013
Ugh. Her behavior in the last two chapters spells out why I can't stand this bitch.
ArktonDartorix chapter 13 . 4/21/2013
My god, this story was adorable. And you even managed to pull off some amazing Seiko shenanigans. D:
smileplease91 chapter 13 . 1/7/2013
Oh my God. I loved this so much!
Guest chapter 13 . 12/28/2012
AMAZING! This story not only made, cry, giggle,and feel feelings I didn't know I had but it encouraged me to continue my writing after a long streak of depression, disintrest, and lack of inspartion. I hope this made you feel wonderful knowing you provided all this to a reader :) Also the story was detailed and the relationships progressed at a normal pace making this fanfiction less well, fictional! And don't we all want this stuff was real :p I enjoyed the shyness of the teens on moving there relationship farther (making me want to read more and me each chapter) and Seiko, he crazy and perverted friend who had to move everything along. Haha because frankly, that's how most teenage relationships start. With beers haha :) I also edmired how although this was a story about AFTER the nightmares of Heavenly Host, you stayed true to the charractors roots. Over all, WONDERFUL story and I look forward to more :)