Reviews for Hazing
Hard to handle. I won't sign this review because some people can't take anything they think is criticism so I just don't anymore.

Hard hard hard to read. Very well written but hard. Maybe realistic I suppose Hazing has the reputation it does for a reason but it's hard to see people get away with acting like a$$holes. Ed was innocent this time. Would have liked to see Mustang do more about this.
SoulMore chapter 1 . 5/3
FAN!~
Linvalay chapter 1 . 11/22/2015
I love this fic! I'm not going to say that i agree with bullying or hazing or that i condone it or anything of the sort; but i will say that i am thankful to every last person who made fun of me in my youth because without them i wouldn't be who i am today...and i love who i am today.
tantei-chan chapter 1 . 8/31/2015
I found it hard to find the humor in this one, sorry.
It was a good story though. There were no grammatical errors.
But... really? Did Ed really have to go through all that?
Plus the Mustang character here, he was alright but not the Mustang I adored.
Rain in the Dark chapter 1 . 8/8/2015
Alright, I've read your a/n, but the story still bothered me. Ed has enough crap on his plate without ordeals like this to 'make him stronger', and I honestly don't see Roy's logic that getting humiliated like that would do him and his character any good. I can understand not intervening since interference is only bound to make things worse anyway, but smiling about it?

Don't get me wrong - I don't expect coddling, and riling up and making fun of a new recruit is a given, but this is outright abuse and there's nothing to be happy about.

Also, not to attack you or anything, but I think I found the review you were talking about, and the reviewer didn't imply that you had been bullied. Rather, she implied the opposite, that you hadn't and therefore underestimated how traumatic the experience could be.

Ed is a tough kid, but he's still a kid. If that's what his beginning years in the military had been like, it's no surprise he had trouble relying on anyone but his brother until Maria Ross slapped the stupidity out of him. Between his father, Mustang and even Breda, his general impression of the adults would be that they are pretty useless and would leave him to drown and fend for himself as soon as the opportunity arises.

And, well, when it comes to Ed - let's face it, Mustang is somewhat of a softie. More so than Hawkeye. Riza told Ed about Ishvar and about Nina's death, treating him like an adult, while Roy couldn't bring himself to tell him about Hughes, trying to shelter him. For all his talk about the brothers already having seen hell, whenever push actually comes to shove he frets. With that flexible mind of his, especially knowing about the hazing, I think I can see him subtly ensuring that it wasn't taken too far rather than beaming about it. And being snide and condescending in the wake, pretending he had nothing to do with it, of course.

In short - yeah, I do believe Mustang is a jerk in this story. Sorry.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/28/2014
Wow didn't think I would like this and loved it. You made the soldiers bullies without making it personal and I think that must have been so hard. You really know how to write.
Sifufirelord chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
Omg no poor ed, i almost cried. Now i'm sad
Brenne chapter 1 . 10/14/2014
LOL! Poor Ed, I bet he's gonna hold a grudge over this for quite a while! XD
lilyflower chapter 1 . 5/17/2014
This was terrible! I wish Mustang had done something more of comfort. Ed's tough so I am not going to cry about how this was written. I saw your comments and it's way stupid people would say those things. Hazing is called Hazing for a reason. If it was something else we could call it getting to know each other time or something like that. I don't know anything about Hazing in the military so I can't say if this is extreme. I can say I felt bad for Ed but understood what Mustang meant. Ed will thank Mustang for this later. No matter how much I wanted hugs to happen I know it's better that they didn't here. Thanks for writing a story with such a setious topic. It was a good read. You're a really good writer Lily.
TheColdfireAlchemist chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
This story was well-written, but I do agree with some of the reviews that said the hazing was taken too far. I think even soldiers would show a little restraint to a twelve year old boy. (No offense intended towards anyone who is a soldier in real life.)
JazmineElric chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
This was great, a little hard to read, but great XD I think I liked that last little bit with Havoc than the rest of it XD
aquariTerrible chapter 1 . 4/5/2014
Oh man, you really got the group mentality thing going, a few guys trying to get that Samson jerk to ease off but they're drowned out by the whole "pick on the new guy" thing. Eds tough as nails, you really show it! I was more than half expecting him to be crying in the locker or something, because thats how most fic goes. You did his character better. Same with Mustang! He was a jerk, but thats seeing it from the perspective of knowing everything that went on. As far as Mustang knew, they taped his eyes spun him around and jammed him in the locker, the end. With what he would have known, and his character that was a perfectly reasonable response.

And definitely rough, but definitely helping Ed. Helping him feel like he could stand up against all that crap and come out better and doing it in a way nobody else knew.

It was hard to read, but like you said, its something that happens. And it would make sense that it would have happened to Ed.

I hafta say though, this was so rough for a while mostly because I kept thinking "Shit! Thats going to mess up his automail if he can't wash the dirt out properly and dry off properly! Winry and Pinako will /kill/ him!" So it was a lot of "Oh, hes going to try and hide that from them and if its messed up it'll be such a hassle on him and-and-and-!"

It ended on a bit of a more hopeful note than expected too! That was pretty cool of Havoc "Hey man come play baseball" like- its so great that Mustang's team treats him like a kid when necessary, but like 'one of the guys' too.
Likeness chapter 1 . 2/4/2014
Another awesome story with a realistic twist. Although I've never been in the military and do not know many who have, I know that any military won't sugarcoat things or NOT haze new soldiers. In a highly militaristic country like Amestris I doubt that's any different.
Blackwind137 chapter 1 . 12/31/2013
I honestly liked it. Granted, I would have loved a small second chapter to conclude how the next day goes within the locker room, but regardless it was well done. And no, I don't believe the colonel was heartless bastard, he was stating facts as kindly as he could. Wonderful job, dear.
Catfeet chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
I have just started reading your work and have enjoyed falling into the scenes of your stories. This was another well written work that created a vivid portrayal. I will admit the subject covered was rough to disassociate from. I understand the perspective you have chosen for each character and think each works well with the story. From the perspective of someone who has been through and tried to stop similar situations, there are just so many ways real-life events can spiral out of control with "it's tradition" and permissive collective mentalities as blanket pillars to support actions. That being said, I don't have any umbrage against the piece and again, think the writing was well done. I look forward to reading your other pieces.