Reviews for Hazing
Guest chapter 1 . 10/28/2014
Wow didn't think I would like this and loved it. You made the soldiers bullies without making it personal and I think that must have been so hard. You really know how to write.
Sifufirelord chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
Omg no poor ed, i almost cried. Now i'm sad
Brenne chapter 1 . 10/14/2014
LOL! Poor Ed, I bet he's gonna hold a grudge over this for quite a while! XD
lilyflower chapter 1 . 5/17/2014
This was terrible! I wish Mustang had done something more of comfort. Ed's tough so I am not going to cry about how this was written. I saw your comments and it's way stupid people would say those things. Hazing is called Hazing for a reason. If it was something else we could call it getting to know each other time or something like that. I don't know anything about Hazing in the military so I can't say if this is extreme. I can say I felt bad for Ed but understood what Mustang meant. Ed will thank Mustang for this later. No matter how much I wanted hugs to happen I know it's better that they didn't here. Thanks for writing a story with such a setious topic. It was a good read. You're a really good writer Lily.
TheColdfireAlchemist chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
This story was well-written, but I do agree with some of the reviews that said the hazing was taken too far. I think even soldiers would show a little restraint to a twelve year old boy. (No offense intended towards anyone who is a soldier in real life.)
JazmineElric chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
This was great, a little hard to read, but great XD I think I liked that last little bit with Havoc than the rest of it XD
aquariTerrible chapter 1 . 4/5/2014
Oh man, you really got the group mentality thing going, a few guys trying to get that Samson jerk to ease off but they're drowned out by the whole "pick on the new guy" thing. Eds tough as nails, you really show it! I was more than half expecting him to be crying in the locker or something, because thats how most fic goes. You did his character better. Same with Mustang! He was a jerk, but thats seeing it from the perspective of knowing everything that went on. As far as Mustang knew, they taped his eyes spun him around and jammed him in the locker, the end. With what he would have known, and his character that was a perfectly reasonable response.

And definitely rough, but definitely helping Ed. Helping him feel like he could stand up against all that crap and come out better and doing it in a way nobody else knew.

It was hard to read, but like you said, its something that happens. And it would make sense that it would have happened to Ed.

I hafta say though, this was so rough for a while mostly because I kept thinking "Shit! Thats going to mess up his automail if he can't wash the dirt out properly and dry off properly! Winry and Pinako will /kill/ him!" So it was a lot of "Oh, hes going to try and hide that from them and if its messed up it'll be such a hassle on him and-and-and-!"

It ended on a bit of a more hopeful note than expected too! That was pretty cool of Havoc "Hey man come play baseball" like- its so great that Mustang's team treats him like a kid when necessary, but like 'one of the guys' too.
Likeness chapter 1 . 2/4/2014
Another awesome story with a realistic twist. Although I've never been in the military and do not know many who have, I know that any military won't sugarcoat things or NOT haze new soldiers. In a highly militaristic country like Amestris I doubt that's any different.
Blackwind137 chapter 1 . 12/31/2013
I honestly liked it. Granted, I would have loved a small second chapter to conclude how the next day goes within the locker room, but regardless it was well done. And no, I don't believe the colonel was heartless bastard, he was stating facts as kindly as he could. Wonderful job, dear.
Catfeet chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
I have just started reading your work and have enjoyed falling into the scenes of your stories. This was another well written work that created a vivid portrayal. I will admit the subject covered was rough to disassociate from. I understand the perspective you have chosen for each character and think each works well with the story. From the perspective of someone who has been through and tried to stop similar situations, there are just so many ways real-life events can spiral out of control with "it's tradition" and permissive collective mentalities as blanket pillars to support actions. That being said, I don't have any umbrage against the piece and again, think the writing was well done. I look forward to reading your other pieces.
MemoriesOfVoxei chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
I can tell you it doesn't suck! I really liked it actually. In the end, with Ed's interaction with Breda and Havoc, we can already see the "real" Ed. Also, this little event allowed Ed to become closer with those two characters, and even with Roy, although Ed might never admit it! x3
Anyway, it was really funny and I had a good time reading this one-shot!

I'm off to read the previous one!
MemoriesOfVoxei
RedL11Tditrict chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
I can see how a lot of people wouldn't see anything parental about this. Why didn't Mustang go charging from the office in Ed's defense they'll say. Heartless backstabbing man. The reason. Mustang is not raising Ed to be a damn sissy that's why and if Ed can't take a shower with other soldiers because he's going to whine and cry about being picked on then he'll never amount to anything. This story should be commemorated because being a parent isn't easy. Mustang is making a decision. You can't just fight your kids battles for them they need to learn to do it. ...oh wait...did I just call Colonel Mustang a parent? hehes.
BurnAllTheEvidenceOf2011 chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
This was so funny- Ed flipping his biscuits is the best XD

I'm now imagining what Hawkeye would be like if she heard about Ed's hazing, oh god, Ed would double the flipping of the biscuits oh my god.

Gahhh that's my brilliant review that is not special or anything it's just kind of about biscuits and how great it is to flip them TAT

Queenie
EdenEight chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
This story was so...interesting. What an unexpected angle. You don't expect the soldiers to be as rough as they are. I kept expecting them to calm it down for Ed because he is a child, but they didn't. Then, you expect Mustang to go charging in there, and instead he goes to Ed's aide, but in a bipartisan way. He's not going to interview with the soldiers, respecting them for being the young men they are and having their own pecking order, but he's not going to abandon Ed either, and uses that story about the new recruit to open Ed's eyes to his own existence in the Military. I think this may be the most unique story I've ever read on this subject matter. Everything you expect, you don't get, and in place you get something that is oddly realistic. I won't lie. I wanted Mustang to go charging in there. Is this one of those...less is more scenarios?
DreamingUpA-11i3 chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
This story disturbed me. I was upset with everything - that things were allowed to get so out of hand. By the time the locker scene came I felt confused and violated. Is this possible? I was shocked Mustang wasn’t more upset with what happened. I love him as a colonel, and now I am torn between wondering if he would have had a more tender approach, of if the way you portrayed him held an accuracy I hadn't thought of.

…I wish he was more tender…Ed is just a child.