Reviews for Hazing
aquariTerrible chapter 1 . 4/5
Oh man, you really got the group mentality thing going, a few guys trying to get that Samson jerk to ease off but they're drowned out by the whole "pick on the new guy" thing. Eds tough as nails, you really show it! I was more than half expecting him to be crying in the locker or something, because thats how most fic goes. You did his character better. Same with Mustang! He was a jerk, but thats seeing it from the perspective of knowing everything that went on. As far as Mustang knew, they taped his eyes spun him around and jammed him in the locker, the end. With what he would have known, and his character that was a perfectly reasonable response.

And definitely rough, but definitely helping Ed. Helping him feel like he could stand up against all that crap and come out better and doing it in a way nobody else knew.

It was hard to read, but like you said, its something that happens. And it would make sense that it would have happened to Ed.

I hafta say though, this was so rough for a while mostly because I kept thinking "Shit! Thats going to mess up his automail if he can't wash the dirt out properly and dry off properly! Winry and Pinako will /kill/ him!" So it was a lot of "Oh, hes going to try and hide that from them and if its messed up it'll be such a hassle on him and-and-and-!"

It ended on a bit of a more hopeful note than expected too! That was pretty cool of Havoc "Hey man come play baseball" like- its so great that Mustang's team treats him like a kid when necessary, but like 'one of the guys' too.
Likeness chapter 1 . 2/4
Another awesome story with a realistic twist. Although I've never been in the military and do not know many who have, I know that any military won't sugarcoat things or NOT haze new soldiers. In a highly militaristic country like Amestris I doubt that's any different.
Blackwind137 chapter 1 . 12/31/2013
I honestly liked it. Granted, I would have loved a small second chapter to conclude how the next day goes within the locker room, but regardless it was well done. And no, I don't believe the colonel was heartless bastard, he was stating facts as kindly as he could. Wonderful job, dear.
Catfeet chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
I have just started reading your work and have enjoyed falling into the scenes of your stories. This was another well written work that created a vivid portrayal. I will admit the subject covered was rough to disassociate from. I understand the perspective you have chosen for each character and think each works well with the story. From the perspective of someone who has been through and tried to stop similar situations, there are just so many ways real-life events can spiral out of control with "it's tradition" and permissive collective mentalities as blanket pillars to support actions. That being said, I don't have any umbrage against the piece and again, think the writing was well done. I look forward to reading your other pieces.
MemoriesOfVoxei chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
I can tell you it doesn't suck! I really liked it actually. In the end, with Ed's interaction with Breda and Havoc, we can already see the "real" Ed. Also, this little event allowed Ed to become closer with those two characters, and even with Roy, although Ed might never admit it! x3
Anyway, it was really funny and I had a good time reading this one-shot!

I'm off to read the previous one!
MemoriesOfVoxei
RedL11Tditrict chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
I can see how a lot of people wouldn't see anything parental about this. Why didn't Mustang go charging from the office in Ed's defense they'll say. Heartless backstabbing man. The reason. Mustang is not raising Ed to be a damn sissy that's why and if Ed can't take a shower with other soldiers because he's going to whine and cry about being picked on then he'll never amount to anything. This story should be commemorated because being a parent isn't easy. Mustang is making a decision. You can't just fight your kids battles for them they need to learn to do it. ...oh wait...did I just call Colonel Mustang a parent? hehes.
thepumpkinqueen712 chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
This was so funny- Ed flipping his biscuits is the best XD

I'm now imagining what Hawkeye would be like if she heard about Ed's hazing, oh god, Ed would double the flipping of the biscuits oh my god.

Gahhh that's my brilliant review that is not special or anything it's just kind of about biscuits and how great it is to flip them TAT

Queenie
EdenEight chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
This story was so...interesting. What an unexpected angle. You don't expect the soldiers to be as rough as they are. I kept expecting them to calm it down for Ed because he is a child, but they didn't. Then, you expect Mustang to go charging in there, and instead he goes to Ed's aide, but in a bipartisan way. He's not going to interview with the soldiers, respecting them for being the young men they are and having their own pecking order, but he's not going to abandon Ed either, and uses that story about the new recruit to open Ed's eyes to his own existence in the Military. I think this may be the most unique story I've ever read on this subject matter. Everything you expect, you don't get, and in place you get something that is oddly realistic. I won't lie. I wanted Mustang to go charging in there. Is this one of those...less is more scenarios?
DreamingUpA-11i3 chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
This story disturbed me. I was upset with everything - that things were allowed to get so out of hand. By the time the locker scene came I felt confused and violated. Is this possible? I was shocked Mustang wasn’t more upset with what happened. I love him as a colonel, and now I am torn between wondering if he would have had a more tender approach, of if the way you portrayed him held an accuracy I hadn't thought of.

…I wish he was more tender…Ed is just a child.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
This is good, but Ed would not just let himself be beaten. He would fightand not just verbally but physically too, after all Izumi trained him.
SaskeXworld chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
This story was crazy. My older brother was hazed in college and told me all about it. Kinda harsh but kinda serious about the topic. In the end when Ed was in the hallway with Havoc and Breda I felt good about the entire thing. He made it through, and no one is rubbing his face in what happened.
INSPIREme chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
OK so I get what you were trying to do. I could never be a soldier, and if I was, I could never respond like this to a child...but that is of course because i am not a soldier. Nothing really develops what life would have been like for Ed stepping into such adult ground. Thanks for doing one of those moments...but this was hard to watch. I've never been the victim of bullying, and even so it's hard to watch someone else be there. I am glad you let us know things were OK in the end. Ed is tough, and it was interesting to see that side of him challenged in such a...mundane way. I guess battling coworkers can be as hard as bad guys.
EliTigre chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
I didn't saw any parentalness, Roy was just a low-worth fucking bastard, even worse than normally. And it wasn't just a BIT cruel. I actually wonder if you ever get really bullied. But, the writing is very good and story interesting, even if it unnerve me greatly. So sorry, if this comment seems aggresive, no offense meant.
VeryliTTle39k chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Started reading and was like...I am really going to like this...then was like...not sure if I like this...then...really liked it again. Not so knight-in-shinning-armor mustang, and it was a good vibe. Eds head is fat, but this sounds like real life. Things happen in life which suck, this probably sucked that afternoon, but life goes on. Good take. Good read.
Kin no Ryu chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Oh, hey! I didn't realize whose story this was. I read your "Another Run of Events" a while back.

I think you did a great job of showing how soldiers have odd initiation ceremonies. You also did a great job at making the reader feel really sorry for Ed. Well, at least I did.
Keep writing!