Reviews for Christian Grey Vs Pepper Potts
I'm disappointed.
lupine-eyes chapter 8 . 6/11
Oh my god, this is amazing. Though, it's interesting that you've kept Jennifer/She-Hulk as separate personalities, I guess I've always thought of them as more blended than Bruce/Hulk but then, She-Hulk wouldn't be impressed at all by Christian Grey. I just hope Jennifer doesn't have anything bad happen to her before Shulkie bursts onto the scene, though I know she won't sign anything, no matter how attractive she finds Mr. Fifty Shades. And I do hope there's a breakdown of his "BDSM" contract and something about it not being legally binding in the future.
lupine-eyes chapter 1 . 6/11
TV Tropes told me this thing existed, and I simply had to read it and see if it was nearly as amazing as it said. It is. Just one chapter in and I'm already in love. 3
Crosshair chapter 7 . 4/29
I know this is a very late, out of date, and probably un-needed review, but I just discovered this story and feel I don't comment or support fanfic I enjoy often enough.

This is an excellent blend of humor and action, capturing a great image of all the involved characters, and some believable romance at that. Relationships are never really easy, and you make it especially so for these rather 'extreme' individuals: there are complications, history, doubts and fears on both sides. I'm saying this as a reader with only a very tangential interest in romance: I loved it, because it wasn't just romance or eroticism, the romance scenes were really just further explorations of their characters.

I admit, I also have a hypocritical love of Grey's abuse here. I don't like character or series bashing on a narrative level, because I believe that every character and series should be represented as they are, and that a fan-author should flex their literary/writing skills and put aside personal bias toward a series or character when writing their absolute best.
Bashing or non-involvement is the easy, slapdash choice. Knowing and showing both the good and the bad points of a series, and its characters, and showing them equally in fan-fic, is a sign of real knowledge and respect for the series itself. (IE: why the best crossovers are so detailed and rare, is because respect and knowledge of TWO series is hard to pull off.)

On the other hand, I literally couldn't continue after reading the first chapter of 'Fifty Shades of Grey,' so... I don't have the character knowledge or the inclination to condemn your portrayal of him.
There's also something to be said for catharsis, and truth be told, as a villain and satire character, you use and portray him perfectly. Arrogant, frightening, disconnected with reality... there's something to be said for an enemy you love to hate. Heck, the guy who played Sidious once commented that it was a rare treat to bring to life a 'character so purely malevolent and evil.'

It makes his ultimate comeuppance here incredibly satisfying. Not to mention very slight implication that just having dominating or submissive kinks aren't inherently unhealthy. I wouldn't be surprised if the 'CFAASPBDDSSM' was real or inspired by a real organization. (Okay, it's probably made up, because that acronym is just eye-straining. but maybe that's the point...XD) In later chapters, you distinctly state that actual relationships like that are based around a great deal of trust and respect, and while I don't have such kinks or experience with those that do, the same is true in any HEALTHY relationship, and not just sexual or romantic ones. Friendship, for instance.

Grey is NOT a healthy individual, and what he's done (in this story at least) is NOT respectful. It's self-indulgence, and I've no doubt that professionals in both psychiatry and BSDM, (perhaps even both at once) would stress the importance of hard limits, respect, and trust, on both ends of the relationship. And I'd be right... google 'Fifty Shades of Grey: a dominatrix's view' and click the first link that pops up. Consent is a big deal, and the article makes it clear that the movie at least, portrays the entire mindset wrong. (and i found it inherently amusing that she critiques his binding methods and materials as unsuitable and dangerous.)

Still, this is fantasy, so I can grin and tap my fingers together in a most approvingly *eeeevil* fashion when I read the epilogue. This story is a fantasy meant for fans of Avengers and haters of Fifty Shades, and I am it's intended audience.
I make this review on THIS specific chapter, because I feel it represents the earlier stories of the 'Christian Grey Vs. Fics': Grey is a human getting his entitled, psychotic butt kicked physically and verbally by the heroes we so love, and we also get to see an EXCELLENT portrayal of these characters and their relationships, both intimately and as friends. (Pepper and Clint's lunch scene was all kinds of adorable.) This story has a LOT more substance, which sets it apart from 'bash-fics' which provide only a single type of cathartic humor.
Then the later stories happen, and while I'm not quite as fond of those as the first stories, they have a new charm to them.
When I have time, I hope to review more. Mostly because the second story involves my first favorite character from Marvel, She-Hulk, and I LOVE her portrayal here.

TheEpicDuck123 chapter 1 . 3/8
I'm surprised, while I did enjoy 50 Shades of Grey, and liked Christian Grey, I am loving this version of him. He's hilarious and I can't wait to read more!
Regalli chapter 16 . 2/16
HAHA! Get him, girls.

I must admit I kind of feel bad for Taylor, though, since apparently he has this job because Grey's paying for his kid's medical treatment. From what I can tell from the readthroughs of the books I've read, he seems like he might actually be a not-terrible guy who's stuck working for a creep to keep his family safe. I like to headcanon he's secretly compiling evidence and gives it all to the police the moment after the series ends.
Regalli chapter 3 . 2/16
OH THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS THANK YOU SO MUCH. You have Grey's incredibly disturbing psyche down pat, and Pepper is perfect for dealing with him. And the best part is I have She-Hulk kicking his ass to look forward to too! :D
Karrin Blue chapter 3 . 10/18/2014
Well, this is entertaining, though I must wonder why Grey isn't fifty shades of under police investigation... It's not like Pepper hesitates to involve the authorities. It is entertaining to watch her give absolutely no shits about playing into his fantasies though. I wonder if next she'll send him a Wikipedia link to 'safe, sane, and consensual' and the dictionary definition of what 'consent' means. Frankly I would think the only word in that phrase he'd know would be 'and.'
Schwep chapter 2 . 9/12/2014
Not sure what I think so far. Seems interesting enough for me to read a few more chapters at least. Mainly just wanted to say that a currier is some sort of specialist in the leather industry and a courier delivers packages. That was bugging me.
Sean Mulligan chapter 15 . 9/5/2014
Natasha was making a strawman argument. Jennifer had no legal objection in Natasha and Clint, rescuing Pepper or arresting Grey but thought that they had crossed the line by denying him due process and that technically at least, what the BDSM council did to him violated his rights, even if he deserved it. Jennifer would have preferred that Clint and Natasha had turned Christian over to the proper authorities and that Pepper had pressed charges against Christian in the courts for assault and attempted rape.
KathyMoon chapter 11 . 8/6/2014
First, I have to say that I don't know how accurate a portrayal of Christian Grey this is, but it is so satifying to read a series of stories where a huge asshole gets what he deserves.

Second, for some strange reason, I went "awwww" at "Shake our ass like we've got nothing to lose, because we're a goddess, Jenny." which is really weird...
NicoleR85 chapter 6 . 7/27/2014
I would love to see Christian Grey Vs. either Black Widow or Darcy. I just recently gotten into Fifty Shades and I love this story.
Nyx Wings chapter 68 . 3/2/2014
loved the dig at EL James, that hysterical! And Valeska is indeed born to be a spy, so true that she'd know better than to cry, Nat should've known that. And a great epilogue for a great fic. Delightfully manipulative! But it's Fury, after all, it's so fitting. And Maria being the ruler at the Lounge? That is pretty perfect.
sv4me chapter 68 . 3/2/2014
Love how Maria was his instructor and Pyro the author! This has been great fun. Thanks for writing!
sv4me chapter 65 . 2/24/2014