Reviews for December Calendar
Hades Lord of the Dead chapter 31 . 1/7/2013
I've absolutely loved reading these! I have to say it's nice seeing fics with JohnLock done WELL - I tend to avoid them, not necessarily because I don't like the idea, but because usually they're badly written. So thank you for changing that! B-)
cmee57 chapter 31 . 12/31/2012
"I can't promise I'll kill my neighbours to find him a pastime..." I love it! Thank you for a great chapter.
mrspencil chapter 31 . 12/31/2012
This is lovely:-)

I have really enjoyed your writing, and will keep an eye out for what you post next

All the very best for 2013

Ennui Enigma chapter 31 . 12/31/2012
Hey, I really like this idea. After all, the canon story does say Hyater had been after Watson to come visit him for sometime. I love the little bit about, "I can't promise I'll kill my neighbors.." Funny!

"bewitching to be around as much as he is a handful " - certainly an understatement.

Great idea! Thanks for writing this. Always wondered what the Colonel wrote :-)

"I am afraid, my dear Colonel, that you must regret the hour that you took in such a stormy petrel as I am." REIG
Ennui Enigma chapter 30 . 12/31/2012
LOL! I love the ending! I kept wondering what little twist you might have at the end...this was not what I was expecting. It was better :-)

"Still, they looked so sweet..." - aw! Watson ever the softie for a woman's fine looks.

"What if they poison you?". - ha, ha...found this funny for some reason.

Impressed.
mrspencil chapter 30 . 12/30/2012
Impressed with the hairpin quote and I really like Watson's list of reasons why the girls next door wouldn't harm them and his bravery in heading up to their front door.

Fangirls:-) Not what I was expecting!

mrspencil chapter 29 . 12/29/2012
I wonder how long she will stay?

I do like her style:-)

Ennui Enigma chapter 29 . 12/29/2012
Poor Watson - pushed out of his bed once again in this december challenge! Oh well, guess he's getting used to it.

I like the nod to myth with the hydra quote - Does this mean if Holmes solves Irene's little problem there will be two more?

"The woman puts up with holes in her walls, Holmes. I doubt she'll bat an eyelid" Irene pointed out. - she does have a valid point!

Great job. A scandalous day indeed! Not one Watson is going to forget too easily - even if he wanted :-P
Ennui Enigma chapter 28 . 12/28/2012
Well, well, well, intriguing character this Mr Brown. Childhood acquaintance huh? another plot bunny? I like how you bring out Watson's sense of protectiveness over his friend. What must it have been like to be a Sherlock Holmes as a child - poor genius kid.

"we're all reasonable adults aren't we? " - yea, right!
Rockztar chapter 27 . 12/27/2012
Cool!
Great job at the resEarch
Ennui Enigma chapter 27 . 12/27/2012
Leave it to my Nova to talk about shining diamonds with a real historical note at the end! I feel educated now!

I like the interplay b/t Holmes and Mycroft here. Very Myrcoft-y to not waste time in pleasantries :-)

"So, brother, will you let us know what was stolen before leading us to the crime scene, or are we meant to enjoy the suspense until then?" Sherlock queried. - LOL! Great line :-)
Wordwielder chapter 26 . 12/26/2012
OHHHH, my poor Watson! *Hugs Watson*
mrspencil chapter 26 . 12/26/2012
Sound advice from Holmes

Physicians are not so good at healing themselves:-)

Ennui Enigma chapter 26 . 12/26/2012
Nicely done! A very logical and reasonable effort on Holmes' part to restore his depressed friend, Watson. The question now becomes, is Watson needing logic or simply a sympathetic ear.

Rather touching to see Holmes worried about someone's feelings. He doesn't usually reveal this secret side of himself.

I wasn't exactly a social butterfly, - that's an understatement!

since that definition looks in need of a severe revision anyway - ha, ha! aptly spoken, Holmes!

Thanks for sharing! Another addition to my star collection :-)

PS. Latin lesson noted and appropriately filed away for future reference!
mrspencil chapter 25 . 12/25/2012
Watson adapts well to Holmes' frame of mind:-)

I suspect a chemist would sell most of these ingredients.