Reviews for Through the Looking Glass
Guest chapter 6 . 11/17/2013
Really liked this story, particularly considering the unusual characters. You've basically taken one aspect of the books and expanded upon it in a way that makes it entirely plausible to believe that it could originally have been part of the books.
slightlysmall chapter 6 . 6/4/2013
You don't have a period at the end... was that intentional? It's like it's left incomplete, which very nearly works.

After the life you give Alice in the earlier chapters, the blanknses you give her here is absolutely devastating. Brilliantly written; I loved this story.
slightlysmall chapter 5 . 6/4/2013
So happy and then so sad all of a sudden... I just recently wrote Alice as going insane and I don't like reading it from this perspective. It kills me a bit inside. One small thing: the repetition of Disapparated got a bit much by the end and sort of ruined the effect of the ending for me. However, on the whole it was another brilliant chapter although I'm scared to read the ending, which must be inevitably sad at this point.
slightlysmall chapter 4 . 6/4/2013
Your Bellatrix is flawless, naturally. I love the references to Bellamort - even Lucius seemed to have heard them at some point? - and the fact that Narcissa might not be being 100% faithful, either. The agony of losing the Dark Mark isn't something I've seen before and you do it nicely. I really enjoyed this chapter and look at them. Well done!
slightlysmall chapter 3 . 6/4/2013
Another well-written chapter, although I find myself anxiously awaiting the ending now. You write love scenes well, but you really don't need anyone to tell you that. And I'm surprised at how feisty your Alice is. Difficult to believe she mothered Neville, but I suppose anything is possible. Well done again.
slightlysmall chapter 2 . 6/4/2013
Another fabulous chapter. I really enjoyed this look at their early marriage. While I rather enjoy writing them as a surprisingly (and relatively) happy couple, I find this honestly more realistic. I want to know now how Narcissa found out, /if/ she found out, and what's going to happen to his marriage in addition to all the concerns and questions I had last chapter. You are great at developing a story, and again the style was flawless as well.
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
Wow. This was such a brilliant start to a story. And I loved it. You have me absolutely entranced, honestly. It casts such a different light on canon and yet it could still be canon. I love that it hints that Neville /is/ the one the prophecy referred to. It definitely leaves me wanting more so I'm glad I came to this as a completed fic. It's brilliant - the idea, the execution, everything.
my insides are blue chapter 6 . 1/21/2013
Okay I was right. /sobs/ This is absolutely beautiful. Just amazing, Gamma.

I'm a hardcore canon fan, but omg Alice/Lucius has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? ;)

I loved every single line of this story tbh. It was so touching how Lucius was overjoyed when he heard that Voldemort has fallen, because he was thinking that he and Alice could be together. And then, Alice is also happy and oh, it's just too sweet.

But Bellatrix had to come and ruin it all. I'm actually sympathizing with Lucius here, he's so broken and full of guilt. I started choking when he came to see Alice at St. Mungo's. I mean, it just seems so unfair.

OMG TOO MANY FEELS JUST ASFDSAGJA.

Flawless work, without a doubt.
my insides are blue chapter 2 . 1/21/2013
This is absolutely brilliant.

I just read through the first two chapters, and I love how you've progressed with the story. The opening was amazing, and I love Alice. She's so fiery and Lucius seems to genuinely love her. And omg, Narcissa is irritating me here. :

The ending for this chapter is great. I love your writing, seriously, it is flawless.

I can tell you're going to make me cry with this. :O
Forever Siriusly Sirius chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
Ooh lucius/alice, how tragic their love story will be :P

I love the pairing, I think I'veread it once before and I thibk it was by you but I have a memory of a goldfish so who knows? :P

I love that he snuck to her house in the middle of the night, and how he clearly cares for her. I love that he'd leave Cissy for her, and she'd leave Frank. Although even if she wasn't tortured into insanity for some reason I cant see her leaving frank without a fight from frank, esp about Neville.

Awesome job :) I might must read more now :P
lowi chapter 6 . 1/15/2013
What an ending. I swear, I was so close to crying - thankfully I didn't because I'm on my work break and returning like a mess? No thanks. ;)

Anyway, this story is gorgeous. New headcanon for sure. It's really well thought out, extremely well written - and so touching! Fantastic, Gamma!
lowi chapter 5 . 1/15/2013
Oh no! :O I did /not/ expect that! I mean, sure, it was bound to happen at some point...but now? My mind is blown, wow.

I really liked how you wrote the last part, for some reason. The way you didn't spell out Lucius' reaction, and what really HAD happened was brilliant and created a perfect numb atmosphere, you know?

Fantastic!
lowi chapter 4 . 1/15/2013
Oh, wow! Really interesting reading about Halloween night from a couple of Deatheaters' perspective - I've certainly not done that before! And the events following Voldemort's defeat, the disappearance of the mark and the pain, it was so unique and made so much sense!

Fabulous work, here as well, Gamma!
lowi chapter 3 . 1/15/2013
That was rather hot! XD I really like this story, and especially how you've written Alice. We know very little about her, but you've taken those few things and added your own perspective on her - creating a wonderfully multilayered character!

And well, I think you do a wonderful job writing characters here overall!
lowi chapter 2 . 1/15/2013
The way you write Narcissa is so fascinating, I don't know how to explain it, but she's really intriguing as well as true to her character and so.../alive/. Fantastic work, as simple as it is.