Reviews for God Rest Ye All Sherlockians
Sendai chapter 24 . 1/1
Very sweet. And a funny ending!
Sendai chapter 23 . 1/1
Great response to that challenge. And a very engaging story too.
Sendai chapter 2 . 12/22/2014
Very amusing. I loved that the great detective was stumped.
Sendai chapter 1 . 12/22/2014
Very funny especially at the end.
Guest chapter 21 . 6/18/2014
My thought when i began reading this: "a blanket with arm holes? No. It can't be. But what else could that describe?" *30 seconds later* "OMG! Holmes invented the snuggie!" I own a snuggie myself and I also agree with Watson that whoever invented it must be a genius.
BloodLily16 chapter 7 . 11/20/2013
BloodLily16 chapter 4 . 11/20/2013
Oh wow. That threw me. XD
BloodLily16 chapter 2 . 11/20/2013
Ah. Very good. *opera claps*
starlight.moon.princess chapter 7 . 8/18/2013
Ah, this was very clever :)

I really liked the way you made the [white christmas] into [quiet Christmas]. I have no doubt that for John, those are exactly the kind of Christmases he dreams about - he'd probably take a sunny Christmas if it meant peace and quiet for some time :P

I lovedlovedloved the references to Sherlock's many "experiments." They really give the poem character, and make it very easy to imagine John sitting in his armchair, shaking his head desolately as Sherlock destroys something else...

The rhyme in the first two stanzas was very impressive. You've written it really well, and i'm humming it under my breath as I type out this review.
However, the latter half seems to fall short, not in content but in rhyme, especially the last stanza. I know getting the rhyme down can be a bit of hassle, but I'd definitely advise you to change it if at all possible.

Alos, you make a reference to [chemistry and crime] However, the "song" focuses mainly on the chemistry part of it, so the addition of crime seems a bit out of place. It's work just as well with only the chemistry, if not better, I think.

But this was fabulous!
And this is a) stuck in my head, and b) the next time I hear it, I'll definitely be substituting some Sherlockian phrases in my mind :D
starlight.moon.princess chapter 6 . 8/14/2013
An extraordinarily sweet chapter, this one :)

I love the way this one-shot linked up to the theme of Christmas and goodwill towards all men. I think you've chosen the perfect character in Watson to center this piece around - as the person who brings humanity to Holmes' genius, it's not at all a stretch of the imagination to think that he's do the same in the part of his life that is not governed by Holmes and following him all over the country.

I really liked the way you've treated the concept of mental illness. I could be wrong, but from what I know of mental illness in the time ACD was writing, it would have been a regular occurrence to treat someone who had a mental illness as though they were crazy. The fact that Watson doesn't do this is not only very in character for him, but also very touching.

I really liked the way you ended the story, bring the tale back full circle, only this time the two men are meeting in better circumstances.
I can't help but imagine the knowledge that he had made some difference in Higgins' life would have taken Watson's mind away from the fact that he had a pile of paperwork that had to done.

This was lovely and heartwarming.
ReadingBlueWolf chapter 15 . 8/6/2013
I like the sense of shock you bring through this. There’s this surreal feeling you have in here that makes the situation really intense. I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what Watson discovered! I love the question about what precarious meant. That cracked me up. I felt bad for Sherlock because he was beaten by sticks. That’s a horrible way to get beaten up. (Not that there’s a better way to have that happen) I love how upset Watson was that he wasn’t around. I love how you move the mood into a more melancholy approach. It’s a nice turn from that shock I felt when I first read it. The tears in the bottle confused me a bit. I wasn’t sure what you meant by that. I like the comment of soft and comforting with the words. That was really nice. I’m glad that Watson feels relief. I’m relieved because he is. I like how this ends in a sort of happy up beat manner. This was a really lovely one. I loved how you integrated the story with this poem. Great job!
starlight.moon.princess chapter 5 . 8/2/2013
Gah, I think you've broken me with the perfection of this.

First off, kudos on doing this completely in haiku!
I could never manage that - at least, not purposefully :P

[An honourable war wound]
I love this line, because you've just shown everything you needed to about Watson's character here: the fact that he considers his wounds honourable even though they cause him so much pain.

[But he is Watson
Resident of Baker Street
And brother to Holmes]
This part is completely perfect, because it shows us exactly how Watson is. He's completely devoted to his best friend and the Work, so this is brilliant.

[He is always home]
I love this! It was just an inordinate amount of squee, the way his home is not only Baker Street, but Holmes as well.

I think this is rather brilliant, as always.
starlight.moon.princess chapter 4 . 7/31/2013
Again, very amusing :D

I loved the Mycroft-Sherlock banter at the start. It's something that is very much seen in siblings, and it was adorable to see that in these two particular brothers! XD

[Perhaps, on some]
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you don't need the comma there.

[Mycroft Holmes wanted to know as the door to the flat closed so that he was alone in the hall with the man who had just exited the flat]
This statement is a bit confusing. It took me a few read before I understood what it meant, and without understanding this, it's difficult to understand the rest of the section. Maybe you could divide it into two stements to make it simpler?

I must say, I definitely wasn't expecting Watson to have been pretending to be Mycroft! I though the reference to his "special talent" in the AN was his ability to grow "distinguished" facial hair, but apparently not!
You fooled me very well :3

["Don't forget to wash the dye out of your mustache. It really does look like a dead animal."]
For some reason, I really love this! Maybe because it's a reflection of similar the brothers can be at times, but this line was rather lovely, and a brilliant way to end the fic.

Well done! :D
starlight.moon.princess chapter 3 . 7/30/2013
And another hilarious piece!

[Went off at the crack of dawn with the doctor]
I can just imagine the exasperated tone of voice when Mrs Hudason says this line. You've done wonderfully with her dialogue, it's almost as though she's sitting right in front of me, saying all this :)

[Well… Sherlock was wondering if you would be willing to remove the rather large, red bow that you have adorning the door to his flat."]
I think you missed the quotation marks at the beginning of this statement.
Apart from that, though, this was again hilarious. I can almost /hear/ Mycroft's discomfort when he says this!

["My apologies, Mrs. Hudson. I did not realize that you were still here."]
Ah well. I assume Mrs H is sort of used to Sherlock being a) rude and b) blind to the world by now.

[You didn't tell me that it was pink.]
Give me a moment...
I can just imagine the poor Holmes' brothers faces...and of course, John's probably laughing his arse off at the side, and the poor clients are just as clueless as ever.

This was lovely, and think you've written this pure conversation piece brilliantly. I certainly did not miss any dialogue tags here!
Well done :)
starlight.moon.princess chapter 2 . 7/27/2013
This was wonderful!
I was laughing out loud all the way through this...poor Sherlock!

[knowing that it would be worth it to have a human flat mate for a few hours]
I love this line, because apart from the sheer hilarity of the fact that Watson doesn't care how much money he looses if Sherlock stops being annoying, it also shows how well he know Sherlock. the only way to return him to normal is to give him a mystery to solve, and this shows Watson's knowledge of that very well.

[On one of these dreaded occasions, I decided that I had had enough of Holmes moping about the flat, my army revolver at full cock]
This just reminds me of the BBC show and a petulant Sherlock shooting the walls. This line just shows the worry that poor Watson has to undergo, sharing a flat with Sherlock.

["Norbury, Holmes."]
This was just a perfect way to end the story, Watson celebrating the fact that poor Sherlock has been left stumped for one of the few times in his life.

This was wonderful!