Reviews for Advent's Calendar 2012 - Hogwarts - A Homecoming
missgsmith51 chapter 19 . 11/23/2015
Why on earth should Ronald be sent back to the Burrow? With all his talk about preferential treatment, I'd say he just got a big dose himself!

Well, it seems Sevvy's changes brought Harry and Hermione together, and adopting him jointly will kind of seal the deal. He'll already have a ready-made brother in Teddy, too. Life is looking up for the little family.
missgsmith51 chapter 18 . 11/23/2015
Well, that was lucky ... or unlucky, depending on who you were in the scenario. It sounds like Arthur actually realizes Ron is up to no good. I wonder what Molly will have to say. I'm also quite curious as to how Voldemort did not die before. Did they miss a Horcrux?
missgsmith51 chapter 16 . 11/23/2015
"Hermione soon realized that it was not Harry who held grudges against the red haired boy, but Severus who apparently disliked their friend." Actually, Sevvy is just showing discernment. He knows evil when he is near it.
missgsmith51 chapter 15 . 11/23/2015
If Ron gets hold of Sevvy, the kid's toast. Ron will probably be brutal when it comes to carrying out Voldy's instructions, given his hatred of Snape. It sounds as if Harry's going to kick the buck- uh, cauldron, too. Whether he succeeds or not, I hope Hermione is the one to seek vengeance on behalf of Harry and Sev. (I wish Myrtle would squeal on Ron.)
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 11/23/2015
Harry's not exactly a master of tact with Ginny. While I suppose the bottom line would have been the same, there are many ways he could have framed things that would have left her with a little dignity and let her know that he still cared deeply for her as a friend, even though his romantic feelings had cooled. It makes sense that his experiences over the past year - all of the death and destruction he witnessed as well as participated in; the things he found out about Snape and Dumbledore alone and had never shared with Ron or Ginny - would have changed an introspective kid like Harry deep down to the core of who he was.

I'm not a Harry/Ginny shipper, but I think he could have handled things more gracefully. He should have talked to Hermione about what to say.
missgsmith51 chapter 10 . 11/23/2015
For the few who don't like the Ron bashing ... Notice that he automatically jumped to the conclusion that Harry and Hermione were cheating on him, and Harry "stole Hermione" (is she a possession) from him. Apparently nothing even happened until this particular night, and then it was just a confession of feelings. I think Ron judges Harry based on how HE would have behaved in Harry's situation. Ron really has not shown himself to be a man of honor or integrity, so perhaps he just doesn't get it.

I can't believe he would bring back Voldemort after all they did to get rid of him. Ron needs to talk to Amelia ... and become a hero on his own merit. If he would do the right thing, he actually could become one.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 11/23/2015
Okay, extremely jealous Ron ... What about Ginny? Is she also jealous ... and equally dangerous? And has Ron become so stupid (obviously, yes) that he would truly listen to Voldemort?
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 11/23/2015
How long has it actually been since the big battle? I should have thought that Teddy, who was born in April of 1998, was only a few months old at the time of the Battle of Hogwarts - technically the end of Harry's 7th year, if he had actually attended school (which he had not).

Is the December in which you are setting your story 1997 or 1998 ... or even later? I'm willing to "go AU" with you, but I like to understand the timing - partly because it helps me understand how far off his rocker Ron really is. He abandoned H&H shortly before Christmas 1997. Since he rejoined them long before she would have reached full term, wouldn't he have noticed a baby? Or did you have them on the run for a lot longer? Sorry to go all "Hermione" on you, but enquiring minds like to know.

And what the heck is Voldemort doing alive?
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 11/23/2015
Those would be rather troubling memories for a baby. Interesting that he is the same age as Harry was when Lily was killed. At least Harry will be a better guardian for him than the Dursleys were for Harry.

I'm sorry, but Ron is a colossal butthead. He's even jealous of his ghost brother. I can't wait until he learns that Harry AND Hermione plan to raise "Sevvy." That should be good for a tantrum or two ... by Ron, not Severus.
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 11/23/2015
Oh, goody! I love "Bad Ronald" stories. I don't know if I'd say book-Ron was evil exactly; however, he was not a very good friend to either Harry or Hermione. He's what I would call a user and a "fair weather" friend. Worse, he is often the CAUSE of the bad times that befall Harry.

We see this at least as early as book 3, when he completely exacerbated the Firebolt problem. Hermione handled the situation badly and betrayed Harry's trust. Still, I can't help thinking the two of them would have talked it out and resolved the issue much sooner had Ron not constantly fed Harry's irritation.

I don't even need to elaborate on his book 4 behavior. He was clearly responsible for a lot of the hostility aimed at Harry. I mean, if Harry's best friend thinks he cheated, then Harry must have cheated ... right? If BOTH Ron and Hermione had believed in and helped Harry from the beginning, I think things would have calmed down sooner. IMHO, Harry should have given him the gate back during the first task. Other incidents during the year cemented my opinion of Ron.

In books 5 & 6, he was a horrible Prefect who sloughed his duties off on Hermione and others, and the way he treated Hermione during the whole Lavender business was despicable. I still think he and Ginny were making use of potions in sixth year, at least ... and possibly while they were on the run (book 7). JM2K.

His desertion of H&H speaks for itself. Why Harry took him back is beyond me. I really don't think Jo thought that one through. He never seemed too interested in Hermione's parents or her "Muggle side," either. (Can you tell I'm not a big Ron fan?) Mainly, though, his unreasonable jealousy of Harry is just not something a true friend would feel ... IMO.
t42n24t2 chapter 25 . 6/16/2015
Very sweet.
excessivelyperky chapter 25 . 6/16/2015
Isn't Sev's Animagus form a kitten now as well? (Imagining three mad little kittens roaming through Hogwarts...).

Delightful story!
excessivelyperky chapter 24 . 6/15/2015
That's good news for Hermione. I hope she isn't taken out of any classes because they would be dangerous for someone pregnant.

That's cute what Sev did to the tree, though!
excessivelyperky chapter 23 . 6/13/2015
How cute! And no, Sevvy isn't worse than the twins; after all, he never threw Montague into a Vanishing Cabinet and didn't care if Montague lived or died, nor did he ever invent Garotting Gas, or test new potions on first year students.

Somehow, people forget what the twins were really like.

But I'm glad he had fun, and that Harry is looking out for someone small enough for a wave to send galley-west.
excessivelyperky chapter 22 . 6/9/2015
I would love to see Sevvy as a small, green teddy bear! I'm surprised that Molly didn't scoop him up and take him home and cuddle him mercilessly.

But I am glad he is rid of his worst memories (and I bet the teachers are, too, because they were part of them when he was a student).

I do feel sorry for Ron. Prank him too hard, and he'll become even worse.
406 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »