Reviews for How the Chitauri Stole Christmas
Guest chapter 25 . 11/17/2014
I have never read an Avengers story done from this point of view before, and I loved it! It was so well written and really emotional! Loved it so much! Keep on writing! :) 3
horrifyingvelciraptor chapter 23 . 7/8/2013
This is one of my favourites!
horrifyingvelciraptor chapter 21 . 7/8/2013
evil laugh
annettechanelle1 chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
so each chapter is a one shot? or do they all go together?
starlight.moon.princess chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
This is a really nice, bittersweet piece :)

I like your reference to Christmas commercialization in the beginning, and how Natasha feels that that's what will ruin Christmas. The fact that it didn't seem to have hit how many people were lost until that moment is a lovely little insight to the difficulty people face in believing that something huge and life changing has happened. I also liked how that seemed to compare the horror of the deaths of so many to blatant money-mindedness of people when it comes to Christmas - it's a nice little note on how wrong exploiting something that has so much meaning is.

I loved the reference to how much things have changed since Steve's time in the words [If he could, he'd hand Fury another ten bucks.] It's a nice little reminder of the movie, while letting the reader know what's going on in Steve's head.

Again, Bruce's part of lovely, especially the way the shirt seemed to be a metaphor for Bruce's life as he sees it. The use of [Banner] instead of Bruce like for all other characters is a bit jarring for the reader, and I think it would read easier if you referred to him too by first name.

I /adore/ the part about Tony - he does seem to be the kind of person who keeps busy just to keep the bad memories at bay, and after Iron Man 3, that impression is just strengthened.

The parts seem to be disconnected - I think it would be nice if there was something that would have been used to tie them all together.

Overall, well done :)
Edhla chapter 7 . 5/5/2013
Bruce Banner is a one-man angst factory, and that's why I love him :p

You do a great job with the images in the first paragraph in particular. I deeply empathise with Bruce's position as someone who is generally used to being a loner and doesn't usually mind- but who is still human and who still has periods of loneliness. It's a wonderful observation without being over dramatic.

"Could never have a relationship..." painful and sad, but true. And again, put in sensible, non-purply terms, which I really appreciate :)

"Tony didn't seem..." Tony never does :p But seriously, I can see why most Avengers fics tend to concentrate on Tony and/or Bruce, since there's so much going on there under the surface that doesn't really apply to, say... Thor.

"They wouldn't turn him away." Excellent last observation on the Avengers in general and the dynamics of their group... under ordinary circumstances, if neither was a superhero, I really can't imagine Stark and Banner being buddies and going out for a beer. They're wildly different, but you've aptly described what binds them to one another.

Great work x
Edhla chapter 6 . 4/25/2013
"Others would have to be denied..." I've worked at places like this that prioritised people who are married or have children. It sucks. I like that you've so succinctly put it as something that happens without really coming down on either side, though.

"And have a family, God..." If this were mine, I'd put a full stop after 'family.' Your mileage may vary.

"This year would be hard..." again, I love the fact that this chapter- and in fact the whole fic- speaks to the fact that for many people, Christmas is not a happy time at all. It's painful and lonely.

"He always..." Who is the subject of this chapter? You never say. I'm sure it's perfectly obvious to canon-savvy people, but I'm struggling a bit here :)

"The nut job Loki..." well put. In fact, that might be the best two-word description of Loki ever. :D

"One less light..." this is heartbreakingly sad, and you write with such a wonderfully restrained manner that you let the sadness of that image and that idea speak for itself without being tempted to embellish it. Beautiful work, Blue x
Edhla chapter 5 . 4/21/2013
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "rough", but I'll do my best :)

As usual, enjoyed this. I felt pretty bad for Hill, though. "Save your speech for someone who cares." OUCH, Tony.

"He was handsome with..." I'd put a comma after 'handsome.'

"Richest men in the world," I'd put a period after this. It'd emphasise and balance the want/need exchange a little better.

"Her shoulders slumped." Allow me to worship you for SHOWING RATHER THAN TELLING! (Sorry for yelling. Been on a show-not-tell crusade for most of this week and it warms the cockles of my heart to read this. I am not sure what cockles are, but consider them warm.)

"Starks voice"- Stark's voice.

"He's too good and pure for you, for..." I'd put a period after "you." And although Tony serves Hill something vitriolic, this is the saving grace- his regard for Steve. It's a very... well, it's not out-of-character for him, but it's a side he doesn't often show, especially in this context, and the word "pure" that comes back as the imagery of the snow is fantastic.

Loved the image of the damaged snow. Well done.
Edhla chapter 4 . 4/3/2013
Apologies! I didn't realise I was tapped out on Theories AND Versts, so I had to go back and reread to where I was up to with this one- which I enjoyed, BTW, I just dropped it when you started requesting Theories instead.

Anyway.

Seeing my own surname come up in this story (I'm canon-blind and didn't know before) was WEIRD. Guess which one is me ;)

"From across..." the progression of action in this sentence is great, I can't fault it. That said, it's a pretty long sentence. I'd consider reorganising it or punctuating it differently or one of those things I'm not good at. Same with the "since then" sentence... it gets a little confusing by the time it ends.

"Time he spent as a marionette"- perfect.

"The psycho..." yep, best description of Loki ever.

"It depends on what I'm hiding." This is very, very true. It's not really lying when you're verbally investigated/confronted like that, Natasha.

"With that glowing stick"- being only mildly familiar with the scene they're referencing (I read about it) this seems an apt description of what happened, but "glowing stick" sort of amused me where it perhaps shouldn't have, simply because I instantly imagined Loki with one of those glo-sticks that ravers use. YMMV.

Those final thoughts really are at the heart of your piece and they work beautifully here. D'aww. Well done x
Guest chapter 9 . 3/31/2013
she cant be cold hello she's russian
Guest chapter 25 . 3/5/2013
pistols, classic , however not that romantic
Guest chapter 18 . 3/5/2013
oh boy. and sniff sniff cry cry
Guest chapter 13 . 3/5/2013
very nice ,you got the part about God perfect, that is exactly what he does
Guest chapter 10 . 3/5/2013
do a fan fiction where stark loves Nat and Clint is jealous, is there a category for that?
Guest chapter 6 . 3/5/2013
hey this is about fury, cool