Reviews for Body Snatching Blues
Salad Shooter chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
I've actually never seen this movie, but I enjoyed the story just the same.

"You do realize that you're actively rooting for an invading mind-controlling alien species to conquer Earth, right?"
Somehow this was the most poignant line of the whole thing. It almost made me want to cry for some weird reason.

Also, LOL at screwing the purity. ha ha.
Devil Reader chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
This is a really good way to have us, the readers, to think over the Yeerks' reasoning for their invasion plan by having the characters question a movie that may as well be based on their lives. I love this.
all the principles of heroism chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
"Invasion of the Body Snatchers" always creeped me out as a kid because the enemies could be any one of your friends or families. I guess that is a reason I saw the yeerks as a legitimate threat? But the yeerks did terrible jobs staying undercover- the Chapmans and Tom as you pointed out and Gump's dad (it's bad when your 10 year old can figure out you have an alien controlling every move you make). Also, why bother to infest children like Tom and Karen? It is much harder for therm to maintain their identities and work for the empire!

Anyway, I like the back and forth between Jake and Marco (though I think Jake's love of happy endings doesn't ring true to no-nonsense, post-#35 Jake). I guess I wish there was more comparisons between the movie and their war. Also, the discussion of film history ran on a bit too long I thought. Otherwise, I think you've captured Jake and Marco's (arguing buddies) dynamic well.
kitiem3000 chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Yeerks do have a touch of Stereotypical Villain Syndrome. I never noticed it when I read them as a kid, but when I read one now it tends to jump out a lot more.