Reviews for The Fanboy
Okumura Shauriene chapter 1 . 3/28/2014
Tell your sister that I think she's awesome for liking Hetalia.
ShrapnelGirl chapter 16 . 2/9/2014
I finally found the time to finish reading The Fanboy. Again, a chillingly intelligent story that had me on edge the entire time. The character development was believable and expertly executed and everyone had such a depth to them I felt as if they were real. Some of the more impactful scenes have stuck with me, both from this story and The Fangirl. I can't wait to read the next one - bravo!
BlueberryKittenLover chapter 5 . 1/11/2014
This is quite entertaining. XD
FrostyTheBookLover chapter 15 . 12/11/2013
WOOOWWWW this is really late i'm sorry i suck
pretty much my whole reading experience consisted me failing around like an idiot and i muttered 'oh, SNAP's under my breath
i like how the ending was sort of bittersweet, bittersweet endings are my favoriitteee because you get the best of both worlds. sort of like hugging a kitten while you pet a cactus at the same time
and now i should probably read The Fandom so byeee
lafayette722 chapter 16 . 11/30/2013
I really enjoyed reading this story. It was very interesting and I really enjoyed all of the action scenes.
Angelic Fluffle chapter 16 . 11/29/2013
I said most of what I have to say in my recent review to the Fangirl. The symbolism you use really hits home!
Wednesday101 chapter 16 . 11/29/2013
Horray! I can't wait for the update! And the symbolism is very true.
HimekoUchia chapter 16 . 11/29/2013
Hm... It is curious that everyone shipped Antonio/Larry and not Sherry/lovetriangle. If I had to guess, it's probably because many Hetalia fangirls do have a preference for yaoi couples, or it might be because since Larry is straight, it was so bittersweet for Antonio and the readers, and who doesn't love a character's misery? Or maybe because we knew they weren't going to end up together so we want what we can't have. Or maybe it was because Larry was in Seychelles body so it was all confusing and funny.
Either way, I totally loved the fact that Antonio liked Larry. What made it for me was the way he declared his love. That was so random and hilarious, how could I not cheer him on XD?
I love the symbolisms in this. Larry and Belarus as well as Mathias/Lars were really fascinating characters to watch grow.
That One Person Who Writes chapter 16 . 11/28/2013
Okay, so, yeah, AntonioXLarry was great. And I get what you see- the yaoi pairing sells, while some people weren't so keen on the straight pairing in the first one.

But really, through this I liked Sherry and Sadiq the best. It was slow developing, and, you know, felt like it was meant to happen...ish. Sherry learning she can like a relatively unpopular character, and all, and being forced to reject the more major characters. (Like Germany, but I guess her not being able to get with France or England works, too.)

(But following the fast developing Agatha/Turkey ReaderXOC theme, was Sherry/Iceland in The Fangirl supposed to be like that, too? Because I feel like it was pretty much the same, but, you know, different characters.)
Devin Trinidad chapter 16 . 11/28/2013
Good God. Have you eve thought of going pro. The only reason I read this was for the hilarity and how real Larry seemed. I would have never guessed that this much symbolism and effort would be put into a fanfic like this. Let me tell you, I am really impressed. I tip my hat to you and I can't wait for the rest.
shinyklefkey chapter 16 . 11/28/2013
Wow...I love how you put so much thought into your stories...much more than most fanfic authors can even imagine. Just curious, is English your favourite subject? Cause it seems to be, from what I've read of the analysis.
Looking forward to reading The Fandom!
DaughterofDemeter123 chapter 1 . 11/23/2013
I have now pledged unwavering loyalty to your OC and I don't plan on specifying which, but rest assured, this was the wisest decision of all.
elizabeta H. Austria chapter 15 . 11/2/2013
THAT WAS AWESOME
KatStorm chapter 15 . 11/1/2013
Wow. That was incredible. Such a strong ending for an amazing book! I'm seriously hooked. I can't wait for the final book in this trilogy. If it's anything like this and The Fangirl, I know it'll be spectacular! Good luck with The Fandom!

Also, I'm wondering if it's logically possible to ship someone else's OC with a cannon character, because Spain and Larry would just be adorable together. Granted, he's head-over-heels for Sayaka, but I've been wondering something. In The Fangirl, when Sherry "relieved" Spain from the duty of putting everyone's coats in the closet at the dance, he ran off saying something about the love of his life, and Sherry thought he was rambling about Japan. Whut? o.o However, I'm wondering if, since Hetalia is an anime that originated in Japan, the nation put two and two together between the false and true creator- and then asked the only other person who would be willing to talk about it. And perhaps Spain was just throwing that phrase out to the wind like he does with Romano..? (Though I secret believe in Spamano, all the way. ;)) Anywho- just curious.
Rufescent chapter 15 . 10/18/2013
Aw, what an interesting end to this story! Very fun; thanks for such a wonderful read! There's really nothing more I can say other than ambient praises for every aspect of this, from characterization to writing style to anything, really... I hope you continue to write in the future, yeah? Best wishes! :)