Reviews for The Fanboy
HeroSeekerFrost chapter 3 . 6/27
Okay, tell me if this is weird, but I've actually had dreams where upon suspecting it was a dream I remembered some "test" to see if it was a dream or not that I was certain I remembered from somewhere... only for it to "prove" I wasn't dreaming and later when I woke up I realized that my mind made up that test...
Under Celestial Stars chapter 6 . 12/23/2015
iwishthatagathawassherrycauseistillshipsherryandsadiqbutwhatever
Under Celestial Stars chapter 1 . 12/23/2015
Heeey, it's Liechtenstein! Yay!

alsoheressomemoremoney
Anonymoose chapter 15 . 8/3/2015
And so, my final review. I have just finished 'The Fanboy'.

Never has a story, and I say this in reference to both this tale and its predecessor, made me feel such emotion. No fanfiction or novel, no work of fiction at all, been so emotionally provocative to me. I felt exactly what the characters felt.

Also, as one of the few NethDen shippers on the planet, I was delighted to have a focus on their relationship throughout this fic, romantic or otherwise.

And of course, Pangaea was back! Brilliant.

Yet, on the other hand, there was no reprise for Sherry and Sadiq, due to reasons I will not mention for the sake of new readers. Alas, I cling to hope for my OTP, that they will get their well-deserved closure in the sequel to this, 'The Fandom'.

((SPOILERS FROM HERE))

I felt Lars' grief for Mathias, every single time. Larry's fear and confusion. The sheer ecstasy when Stella/Sayaka was saved, just like I knew her as well as Larry did. I cried when they did, laughed when they did. It's incredible.

And, while I'm writing spoilers, Sherry is not Agatha, folks. That was a roller-coaster of emotions for me!

((END SPOILERS))

As for the next story, I believe Larry, and possibly (hopefully!) Sherry, will team up and return to finish what he started. Save Mathias, resolve everyone's problems, and beat Himaruya once and for all.

I cannot wait to read the final installment.
Anonymoose chapter 1 . 7/28/2015
Sorry to post again, and with such an irrelevant thing, but I would just like to add that I may write another review when I've finished the story, if it feels necessary. Sorry for the length of my first post, but I am indeed VERY passionate about these stories. Thank you, author, for blessing me with such wonderful things to read in my spare time!
Anonymoose chapter 8 . 7/28/2015
(As of writing this review, I am on Chapter 8. Exactly half way through the story. This review may contain minor spoilers, but nothing totally plot-destroying)

I, right off the bat, would like to say I love this story. I love it so, so much. I read the first story (The Fangirl) some time ago now, and to this day I still consider it one of my favourites. Both the first and this story provoke such deep emotions in me for reasons I cannot explain, but I believe it is a result of the characters being so easy to relate to. Admittedly, this story does have several grammar and spelling mistakes scattered throughout it, but makes up for it in its quality.

In regards to the first one in the series, it was not the most original idea, but had a whole new take on it. But I believe the tropes were deliberate, as that was one of the main themes of the story. This, on the other hand, is a setting I have never seen before. Very clever! Yet it still maintains the feel of a reader-insert-esque story - except without the reader insert.

I was also extremely delighted to see the return of Ms. Pangaea in this story, even if the cameo was brief. I'm sure many other people who have read this fic's predecessor will have smiled to themselves at the reference too.

Similarly, as if the reference to everyone's favourite Principal/Teacher/Lunch-lady/Nurse/Bartender/Janitor/ect. from the previous story was not enough to make me happy, the fact Sherry (Agatha?) and Sadiq's relationship is making a comeback makes me utterly ecstatic! The way 'The Fangirl' ended left me heartbroken - she never even found out what Shea butter was! - as dare-I-say I am a huge shipper of the two and I was left wishing they'd got a bit more closure. Although there is a slight problem with that at the moment, (no spoilers!) I am hopeful they will have a happy ending this time around. Just let them watch the sunset together, curse you!

Overall, I am loving this story. Not as much as the last, but still way more than average. I am excited to see how it progresses, and will definitely be reading the third tale in the trilogy when this is done!
Madeline-chan09 chapter 16 . 5/31/2015
Damn, this is awesome but I am one who didn't ship AntonioxLarry. I'm loyal to Spamano and I kinda ship Larry with Liech.
Madeline-chan09 chapter 14 . 5/31/2015
Umm... I still don't get how Agatha is alive and why she looks like Sherry and whe she is part of Himaruya's crew...
Madeline-chan09 chapter 10 . 5/29/2015
Hashtag drama, hashtag middlechildproblems.
Madeline-chan09 chapter 6 . 5/28/2015
Is Belarus the one who gave the letter?
Madeline-chan09 chapter 2 . 5/27/2015
The corset scene... It's Kuroshitsuji all over again!
Madeline-chan09 chapter 1 . 5/27/2015
I'm sorry but what the fucking hell?
The Chibiest Finnian chapter 1 . 3/28/2014
Tell your sister that I think she's awesome for liking Hetalia.
ShrapnelGirl chapter 16 . 2/9/2014
I finally found the time to finish reading The Fanboy. Again, a chillingly intelligent story that had me on edge the entire time. The character development was believable and expertly executed and everyone had such a depth to them I felt as if they were real. Some of the more impactful scenes have stuck with me, both from this story and The Fangirl. I can't wait to read the next one - bravo!
BlueberryKittenLover chapter 5 . 1/11/2014