Reviews for The Fanboy
Anonymoose chapter 1 . 7/28
Sorry to post again, and with such an irrelevant thing, but I would just like to add that I may write another review when I've finished the story, if it feels necessary. Sorry for the length of my first post, but I am indeed VERY passionate about these stories. Thank you, author, for blessing me with such wonderful things to read in my spare time!
Anonymoose chapter 8 . 7/28
(As of writing this review, I am on Chapter 8. Exactly half way through the story. This review may contain minor spoilers, but nothing totally plot-destroying)

I, right off the bat, would like to say I love this story. I love it so, so much. I read the first story (The Fangirl) some time ago now, and to this day I still consider it one of my favourites. Both the first and this story provoke such deep emotions in me for reasons I cannot explain, but I believe it is a result of the characters being so easy to relate to. Admittedly, this story does have several grammar and spelling mistakes scattered throughout it, but makes up for it in its quality.

In regards to the first one in the series, it was not the most original idea, but had a whole new take on it. But I believe the tropes were deliberate, as that was one of the main themes of the story. This, on the other hand, is a setting I have never seen before. Very clever! Yet it still maintains the feel of a reader-insert-esque story - except without the reader insert.

I was also extremely delighted to see the return of Ms. Pangaea in this story, even if the cameo was brief. I'm sure many other people who have read this fic's predecessor will have smiled to themselves at the reference too.

Similarly, as if the reference to everyone's favourite Principal/Teacher/Lunch-lady/Nurse/Bartender/Janitor/ect. from the previous story was not enough to make me happy, the fact Sherry (Agatha?) and Sadiq's relationship is making a comeback makes me utterly ecstatic! The way 'The Fangirl' ended left me heartbroken - she never even found out what Shea butter was! - as dare-I-say I am a huge shipper of the two and I was left wishing they'd got a bit more closure. Although there is a slight problem with that at the moment, (no spoilers!) I am hopeful they will have a happy ending this time around. Just let them watch the sunset together, curse you!

Overall, I am loving this story. Not as much as the last, but still way more than average. I am excited to see how it progresses, and will definitely be reading the third tale in the trilogy when this is done!
Madeline-chan09 chapter 16 . 5/31
Damn, this is awesome but I am one who didn't ship AntonioxLarry. I'm loyal to Spamano and I kinda ship Larry with Liech.
Madeline-chan09 chapter 14 . 5/31
Umm... I still don't get how Agatha is alive and why she looks like Sherry and whe she is part of Himaruya's crew...
Madeline-chan09 chapter 10 . 5/29
Hashtag drama, hashtag middlechildproblems.
Madeline-chan09 chapter 6 . 5/28
Is Belarus the one who gave the letter?
Madeline-chan09 chapter 2 . 5/27
The corset scene... It's Kuroshitsuji all over again!
Madeline-chan09 chapter 1 . 5/27
I'm sorry but what the fucking hell?
The Chibiest Finnian chapter 1 . 3/28/2014
Tell your sister that I think she's awesome for liking Hetalia.
ShrapnelGirl chapter 16 . 2/9/2014
I finally found the time to finish reading The Fanboy. Again, a chillingly intelligent story that had me on edge the entire time. The character development was believable and expertly executed and everyone had such a depth to them I felt as if they were real. Some of the more impactful scenes have stuck with me, both from this story and The Fangirl. I can't wait to read the next one - bravo!
BlueberryKittenLover chapter 5 . 1/11/2014
This is quite entertaining. XD
FrostyTheBookLover chapter 15 . 12/11/2013
WOOOWWWW this is really late i'm sorry i suck
pretty much my whole reading experience consisted me failing around like an idiot and i muttered 'oh, SNAP's under my breath
i like how the ending was sort of bittersweet, bittersweet endings are my favoriitteee because you get the best of both worlds. sort of like hugging a kitten while you pet a cactus at the same time
and now i should probably read The Fandom so byeee
lafayette722 chapter 16 . 11/30/2013
I really enjoyed reading this story. It was very interesting and I really enjoyed all of the action scenes.
Angelic Fluffle chapter 16 . 11/29/2013
I said most of what I have to say in my recent review to the Fangirl. The symbolism you use really hits home!
Wednesday101 chapter 16 . 11/29/2013
Horray! I can't wait for the update! And the symbolism is very true.