Reviews for Sensible Festivities
Hades Lord of the Dead chapter 13 . 1/7/2013
Each of these responses has been fantastically well written - thanks for taking part in the challenge! B-D
Ennui Enigma chapter 12 . 12/28/2012
A creative use for your creative prompt!
Ennui Enigma chapter 13 . 12/28/2012
Well, that was a surprise at the end. Nicely played!
Rather fond of your nod to canon with "an empty house." clever :-)
Ennui Enigma chapter 2 . 12/28/2012
Funny! Loved Holmes' dialogue in this one. You Watson perspective was just fine:-)

"She will be aware only if you make her so," Holmes said, his eyes closed. The pipe hung loosely from his fingers. "I would suggest that you do not." - LOL!
Ennui Enigma chapter 3 . 12/28/2012
Soft and fluffy, yes. Your descriptions and dialogue made for the perfect mood of this story.
Ennui Enigma chapter 4 . 12/28/2012
So now the question comes to mind, why is Holmes so adverse to a surprise party of friends and family?

Nice ending. Enjoyed the humour with "that Hamstead fellow".
Ennui Enigma chapter 5 . 12/28/2012
Vivid word pictures. Impressed!
Ennui Enigma chapter 6 . 12/28/2012
Christmas cheer when there are friends around - a nice reminder :-)
Ennui Enigma chapter 7 . 12/28/2012
And this lovely little piece also made the world just a tiny bit brighter :-) Thank you.
Ennui Enigma chapter 8 . 12/28/2012
Funny! Nice ending.

"I slept as much as I had time for, I assure you." - particularly liked this bit of dry humour :-)
Ennui Enigma chapter 9 . 12/28/2012
Some fun dialogue in this piece!

And uncorrupted, I added mentally, hurrying to the door. Who could say what an hour of unadulterated time with Sherlock Holmes could do to an impressionable boy of five? - *smiles*

Last line is great! Still laughing...
Ennui Enigma chapter 10 . 12/28/2012
Of all people to tell Holmes about his brother's catastrophe, Watson would be the one to do so.

Well written.
Ennui Enigma chapter 11 . 12/28/2012
Wondered who you'd put under the mistletoe - nicely done!

"eyes sparkling conspiratorially" - great phrase :-)
Wordwielder chapter 13 . 12/16/2012
*cries*
I...*sob* No, it was great. I just have a huge Watson soft spot, and every time Watson gets sad so do I. So if you 14th prompt is mine too, that'll just be weird...
Wordwielder chapter 12 . 12/16/2012
Me again! Literally, my prompt. And isn't the next one too? Good Lord. Anyway, very well done. In character, and I love the line, "You were silent for over six minutes this time." It's the understated affection Sherlock has for Watson coming out.