Reviews for In Which Reese Reads A Book
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 7/1/2014
I have to confess, I have never read To Kill A Mockingbird either.
summerlinde chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
It just occurred to me a couple of days ago that Finch is a lot like Atticus! I really like the quote you picked from the book, too - it's perfect and very John. I can definitely hear Jim Caviezel's voice saying it! Finch's dialogue is great, too. _
InfinitelyBoredForTheMoment chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
Whoever hasn't read To Kill A Mockingbird has been seriously deprived. My mom actually forced me to read it in 4th grade, and I loved it. I do understand people's tendency to hate books that they are forced to read, or never attempt to read them in the first placeā€“I feel like whenever you're stuck writing essays on the symbolism and hidden meanings in a book, it starts to suck the soul out of it.I could totally see Atticus and Harold getting along.
Hotch Fan chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
"It's one of those books you're supposed to read. Who reads books you're supposed to read?" Oh my, I loved that phrase! It's so true and something I could imagine Reese saying, and the touch of Finch and Reese quoting Churchill back and forth was lovely! Totally planning to read "To Kill a Mockingbird." now, though I'm afraid I've been spoilered ;)

Thank you for sharing!
AZGirl chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
I think what I liked most about this fic was that you brought home the fact that it's never too late to read a good book. Well done overall.
rose griffes chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Introspective and very enjoyable.
Dickensian812 chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
That was my "Lovely" earlier! Sorry, I thought I was logged in!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
This was truly well done, just like them. I enjoyed it.
Wuchel1 chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Very nice. Thanks for sharing!
guest82 chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
To Kill A Mockingbird is an amazing story and book. I've reread that book, and every time I find new things to marvel at. There are so levels of nuance in the book, that the movie can only touch a few of them. This is Harper Lees' only novel, written in her 30's.
I really enjoyed this story Haiza Tyri, thank you for bringing this story to us.
Torie46 chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
I am the same way. I read "Lord of the Flies" in school, but my English class didn't read "To Kill a Mockingbird." Every English class, but mine, did. My own sister even read the book. I saw the movie "To Kill a Mockingbird" first. I'm 31 years old. It wasn't until two or three years ago that I finally read Harper Lee's novel. I have to say, it was very interesting.
RoundBrainySpecs chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
It's very good. Do rather love it! I must now read "To Kill a Mockingbird."
Guest chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Lovely. :-)
SassyJ chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Beautiful. Avid lover of To Kill A Mockingbird myself.
G-Of The Rivers chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
This was beautiful! I didn't think about the correlation between Atticus and Harold. Very in character. I can imagine that Reese simply has no time to read. He's constantly on guard with his attention focused on everything and anything as it relates to the mission. I'm an avid reader and I never had a chance to read TKAMB. Now I shall. Thank you!