Reviews for A Different Result, A New Beginning
While your story is extremely well written the fact that you don't really follow fairy tail canon or have naruto join fairy tail which is essentially the whole point of a naruto fairy tail crossover turns this story from a 9 out of 10 to a 6 and a half out of 10
Shade chapter 18 . 6/1
Love this story, love the pairing- it is fresh and I found it very workable/believable. Looking forward to the next chapter when you put it up.
waa7x chapter 18 . 5/22
Great story man, I hope you update soon!
Dr4g0nb411z chapter 18 . 5/13
Just read this story and it's really freaking awesome! Can't wait for the next update!
roylato chapter 8 . 2/18
the middle part reminds me of a scene in Lord of the Rings...
Guest97 chapter 18 . 1/31
I just came upon your story and this is amazing! I cant wait to see what happens next! I mean I like how you took a different approach compared to the others where normally Naruto is following Fairy tail. So looking forward to what happens next! Ciao.
js chapter 16 . 1/8
your story has no direction, it went from a very good to a very bad one.
HelpfulNudge chapter 18 . 12/23/2016
A very concerning power, indeed. I enjoyed this story so far. The romance is cute, the character biplay is believable and realistic, and the plot is enjoyable. I look forward to seeing the conundrum Naruto's faced in the coming days. Keep up the good work.
Regis JN chapter 18 . 11/12/2016
This was fun to read. I hope to see more chapters soon.
FF8cerberus chapter 18 . 11/11/2016
Darn it! It just gets worse and worse. Arcadios is an idiot. Hope Naruto can find a way around these upcoming events. Great chapter. Until next time.
Pantsdeamor chapter 16 . 11/1/2016
I have to say, the writing quality improves tremendously after the first 3-4 chapters. It was almost enough to turn me away, but I'm glad it didn't. To any potential readers, I recommend sticking with it, as the story gets far better.

While the story-telling is solid, I do have one main complaint. This story, at over 200k words, could easily be cut down into 100-150k. There's a lot of frivolous descriptions and unnecessary details. This made me want to skim through large portions of the story, because I couldn't wait any longer to get to the good part. There's also a rather bad habit prevalent throughout: telling instead of showing. The author tells of many things, but doesn't flesh out those ideas and show them taking place. Instead of reading like a story, some parts feel like summary. Thankfully, this isn't as prevalent during the parts that count, such as the main arcs. It could certainly be better, however.

Regarding the writing itself: grammar and structure greatly improve the further the story progresses. However, some mistakes consistently occur. The author has a habit of combining sentences through the use of commas (e.g., Sorry, gott) The author would be better served by splitting this sentence in two, or using a conjunction or semicolon in the place of the second comma.

Another common mistake is the occasion use of present tense. (e.g., Naruto is, Naruto feels; Naruto does) This isn't a massive issue, but it does break the flow of the story on the rare occasions that it slips through. Always stick with the chosen tense, and never break it unless in dialogue.

Something more subtle that the author could improve on is word choices within dialogue. Sometimes characters will saying something, or use phrases that don't fit their personality or situation. For example, having Hisui say something like "Yeah, I guess," feels very OOC. She's a princess, and member of the royal family. Her speech patterns should be dignified and regal. Something such as "Yes, I suppose," feels far more befitting of her character. It's a small change, but makes all the difference in how a character is perceived.
Pantsdeamor chapter 2 . 10/30/2016
There's a glaring issue with this chapter. You present tons of backstory in a big block of text, with nothing to break it up. First of all, this makes your story lack interest. Sure, the lore itself isn't bad, but the presentation is terrible. By just coming out and saying "Here's 10k words about lore that's (probably) irrelevant to most of my story!" You aren't doing the most vital part of story-telling: providing interest. It doesn't hook the reader. There's nothing exciting.

I understand this is impossible to implement retroactively at this point, but perhaps consider this advice for future writing: instead of presenting lore all at once, and from an omniscient view, tell small facts during relevant parts of the plot, through the characters point of view. It's boring to read; let the characters (and thus the readers) experience it.
LackOfUpdates chapter 12 . 10/23/2016
Well done, I really felt that
This was really well written as I really felt for the characters (dont care if they were OC or not)
I really liked how you handled the arc here, the emotional scenes the characters went through were heart felt, even if i thought they could've been drawn out a bit more, and that made the climax all the more meaningful.

PS. they're basically an RPG party fighting the last boss
LackOfUpdates chapter 1 . 10/23/2016
First chao was great, though it would've been slightly better if done only in the Dragon's point of view. Or Only in Naruto's.
Daddymoopoo chapter 18 . 10/23/2016
I hope that bastard gets stabbed
1,247 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »