Reviews for Lucidity
Myra R chapter 1 . 1/18/2015
Of course he did! I like the way this is done, with just a hint. It wouldn't be out of place in the book.
emeraldphan chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
This was beautifully written, and yes, I've always thought that there are implications of this kind at various points throughout the story. I love how you describe Nemo's ethereal, unworldly appearance and how he seems to belong to that world under the sea, far more than the other three characters ever will.
selemi chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
I'm suprised there aren't more Aronnax/Nemo fics. I'm not even all that into slash pairings but when I read the novel it was hard *not* to imagine Aronnax having a crush on Nemo. The wording is just delicious... Great job with the fic :)
Madam'zelleG chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
You know, the strangest thing is that I never really thought about this ship, but it makes a lot of sense... I can totally see Aronnax as having a little crush and Nemo is obviously fascinated by him, particularly in the old Disney version. I was just watching it last night, but I might have to watch it again now and see what I can see if I pay attention... You might have started a bit of an obsession now...

"...music of the ocean" Simply gorgeous beginning. I love the idea of the music being both manmade and the music of the water itself. Really beautiful lead in.

"It thrills me to my very core" And I love all of the unspoken implications here. There are so many different things that he could be referring to, and so many that he probably is. It's always fascinating to consider just how lucky he was, because his time on the Nautilus really was living his dream. Few people are that lucky, and I like the way that we can see that he realizes how lucky he really is.

"Captain Nemo will play" So simple a phrase, and yet so potent... really a perfect example of "Show, don't tell." Well done!

I really love your language in this piece. It seems so perfect and natural, and I'm impressed by the fact that you were able to do it so fluidly. I really enjoyed this and hope to see more from you for this fandom!

Cheers, dearie!
Kimiko Asahara chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
yay so I'm not the only one that thinks captain Nemo and Aronnax like each other!
This is very good if I haven't just read the book I would have guessed it was a part of it!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
Haha, yes I am also about 1/4 the way through the book (listening to it on tape), and I also get that same feeling. Although, back in the day that is just the way writers wrote, I can't help that I have an overactive imagination! Good writing, very similiar to the story. Thanks for putting it up!
KK chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
I finished TTLUtS today, and the ending struck me as unsatisfactory to say the least... But I adored the concept, and, like you, couldn't help but get my slash-goggles on when it came to The Nemo-Arronax interactions. XD
I just had to get online and see if anyone had written any fan fiction for it, but there's less than I expected there to be. Humph, oh well. This Ficlet is excellently written, although you want to be careful about going overboard (no pun intended!) on the purple prose. Other than that,l it was excellent. :)
Onlyindreams145 chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
love it and i cant wait to read more and i so hope you do more on your other lovely story as well
Dan Sickles chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
What a romantic mood you create! A very big sigh at the end of this story. Sigh!

Seriously, this story was sooooo romantic - it was so obvious that the narrator has an enormous, swoony sort of crush on this fascinating mystery man who holds him prisoner! Your vocabulary is so rich and so evocative and it really creates the dreamy, romantic mood that is sustained throughout the story.

I did catch one small typing error at the beginning, I think you meant to say, "the feeling of being a prisoner instantly departs." Other than that it was perfect.

Now as I read this novel I am going to be seeing it very differently!

PS the cover photo for this story is amazing!