Reviews for Pillars of Sand
katzsoa chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
ANOTHER wonderful one. Even though it's sad. Sometimes sad is good. From a writer's perspective, it's an easy emotion to tap.

But, see, I don't see this as so angsty or depressing. It's sad, but not THAT dark. I don't mean to put down what you did, since you said those words I'm guessing it's what you were going for. I like it. It's more... again, I'm missing a word... It's how they are. What they do. They try so hard for each other, and when things go bad it's a bit of a slap in the face, but they grit their teeth and do what immediately has to be done, and they know that they can't make everything perfect for each other but it doesn't stop them from trying, and when they fail to make everything perfect they hold each other. Cause that's all they can do. And it's perfect in its own way. And yeah, they wonder if it's too much to ask for things to just work out, but the fact that they manage even though it doesn't is in itself beautiful. And that's what you have written here.

If that makes sense.
Jade-Mexx chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
This is really good
PresidentTheAwesome chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
Woah, very well written. Loved it!
XxRiverDoctorxX chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
Please say you are going to continue this! I think this is amazing!
leilasand chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
So sad...I like how u write though...I'm going to cry now :(
jokergirl4ever chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Wow... :'( that is harsh, I am gonna go cry now. Hopefuly one day they will have a child, it won't replace the one they lost though. Poor Doctor and River.
IndigoXsoul chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Oh. God. It was all cute and adorable and cuddles and then OW.
The funny thing about it is that you didn't even go into their emotions so much, we don't see what they're thinking very often, just their actions, and yet that is enough to make this scene painful without going overboard. Beautiful writing, and no typos...truly a lovely piece.
- Indigo
Purradox chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
That was so sad, but good. Well done.