Reviews for Aftershocks
Sailor GaOn Donut chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
Nice
TML chapter 1 . 11/22/2013
This is wonderful! ! Great job! !
Verde Rosso Oro chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
I wish there were more stories about this movie. You can do so much! I really like this story - how you question the relationship with Melina and also his past-that's-not-his-past-but-is.
FallenAngel2013 chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
I was praying that there would be a Hauser-Quaid/Melina story in this archive and you answered my prayers! It's unbelievable that there aren't more stories with these two, or even just more stories for "Total Recall" in general given how amazing the movie was.

I have to admit I was a little uncertain when I started reading this (I've never read something written in this fashion before) but I'm so very happy I gave it a shot! This was a very enjoyable read and I love your portrayal of Doug's thoughts and inner turmoil. In fact, you've inspired me to get to work on a Hauser-Quaid/Melina fanfic! :)

You must write more for this archive!
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Hauntingly beautiful introspection on such a complex character and situation. Brilliantly written; well done! :)
Very Sincerely Yours chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
This is amazing. Really, the lact of fiction in this archive is depressing, but I am condiment that that can change, and finding this fic here was not only increased my hopes tenfold but was also a brilliant surprise. (Seriously, with four fics you can only be so hopeful...) I do love it though, both the use of language and the perfect portraying of Douglas' thoughts, (or should I say Carl? Nah, I like Douglas better...) the little things you put in, hints at the past and all that, were also lovely.
I really enjoyed this, it was a great read, and I consider myself fortunate to have found it here at all. Thankyou for that. You've inspired me to contribute to this archive as well, although I can never hope to have such a brilliant idea as this. I really enjoyed it, especially after watching the movie again, so it was a bit like an epilogue. XD Well done, I loved it, Thankyou.
Have a happy holiday.
Very sincerely yours,
Kaenai chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
You deserve more reviews for this. The entire time I read it I had goosebumps going up and down my spine. Very well done - After watching the movie I did wonder both what his life would be afterwards with all the memory alterations, as well as the possibility of it all being just a dream for him.
You covered one of those paths very thoroughly.
gdb chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
I just watched the movie yesterday, and felt that the ending really lacked something. It didn't really solve anything, the lack of space is still there, he still doesn't have his memories, so many jobs have been lost, all trade between the Colony and UFB has stopped, meaning both will probably lack a lot of resources they depended on the other for. You story answer most of those questions in a reasonable way, I especially like his conflict over killing Lori, and how he starts thinking about the future, and how he will be able to survive in this new world. I hope you write a sequel someday, as I believe it has much potential. Thanks for writing this.

- gdb