Reviews for Destination Somewhere
Omorka chapter 4 . 8/16/2013
This is delightful!
Farfisa68 chapter 4 . 2/7/2013
I really enjoyed this sweet and heartfelt story. Definitely a warm fuzzy which was very welcomed on this cold February day when I read it. Thank you!
Robyn Hardesty chapter 4 . 1/16/2013
Good story. I love the misadventures and back tracking
saiken2009 chapter 4 . 1/7/2013
this was a very good story. i liked it!
LuckyLadybug chapter 4 . 12/29/2012
LOL. All the Holmes references are highly amusing.

What a fun way to wrap it up! The gag of someone talking not on the phone, while someone thinks they are on the phone, never gets old. And I love that it was Micky who came up with the idea of tracking Peter down.

Poor Peter and his flight. What a nightmare. And Mike and his trains. His reaction to Micky's comment about reliability at the end is too amusing.

I remember your original idea about them all stuck in a station somewhere. I see you modified it a bit! Everyone going home with Mike is a cute idea.

What a fun little holiday treat of friendshippiness!
PlushChrome chapter 4 . 12/25/2012
Aww, what a nice ending! It is too bad that they all didn't manage to get to their families, but at least they have each other! Thanks for sharing this story with us!
macberly chapter 4 . 12/25/2012
Yeah they are all together foe Christmas! I am glad that fate brought them together! Thank you for an enjoyable holiday story! I really enjoyed this!
EveningInHornersCorners chapter 4 . 12/25/2012
Great ending!

-Mick, don't scare the other travelers. It's in bad taste.
-Deerstalkers, I must say, are probably the most awesome of hats, but in reality, Mick, what good is it going to do you?
-Oh, I see. It's going to induce you to use up all your change. Great course of action, man...
-Brilliant plan, Micky. No, really. This time I am not using sarcasm against you.
-OF COURSE Davy sticks with him.
-And how lucky for us that he had that travel allowance. Though he's going to have some explaining to do to his grandfather... He'll probably run up a huge phone bill anyway.
-I just love that scene where Micky and Davy get up behind Peter. It was so...Monkees-esque!
-Poor Mike. I've done the "miniature nap" thing before, and it isn't the most pleasant of experiences, I gotta say...
-And what a great, touching scene when Davy, Micky, and Peter start singing right along.
- I love this exchange:

"Ah, buses and trains," Micky sighed. "Now those are reliable, stress-free ways to travel!"
Mike stopped in his tracks for a moment before picking up his pace again.
"Mick, we've gotta talk about that…"

-And a happy ending for all.

Again, great story. Thank you for once again enriching the Monkees archive.
MonkeeMidgie chapter 4 . 12/25/2012
That's the best holiday story I've read all season. :)
MonkeeMidgie chapter 3 . 12/23/2012
From bad to worse is not a good thing. Losing Peter could be dangerous! This sounds like it's well on the way to being a completely disastrous Christmas!
EveningInHornersCorners chapter 3 . 12/23/2012
Great chapter!

-My sentiments exactly, Mike.
-"...lapsing into childishness just for a moment to make a wish that there was something worth finding once he arrived in Malibu…" Awesome line.
-"And oh, he had certainly found something well worth the trip—finding Davy, and then Micky and Peter, would have been worth circumnavigating the world more than once, and then some." EXACTLY what Mike would think.
-I loved the line about Davy and the overseas rates.
-Yeah. That is awkward.
-Gosh, HATE it when the conductor has to intervene...
-"Horrendous treatment"? Now wait a second...
-Why do I feel like that "Merry Christmas" had just a tinge of sarcasm?
-"But the unspoken curse that followed a Monkee was the inability to escape from trouble." PERFECT description!
-Heck, why didn't we all just spend the holiday in Orlando?
-"Oh. Did you hear that, Davy? The flight's been—WHAT!?" I can just see the look on Micky's face...
-Remember that Monkee curse, Micky? THAT'S why you can't get ahold of him...
-Look, Davy, as a Monkee, did you REALLY expect things to go as planned?

This is getting more interesting by the chapter! Update soon.
PlushChrome chapter 3 . 12/23/2012
lol, of course all their plans would be ruined. And now Micky and Davy are stuck in Oklahoma City, Mike hasn't even left Malibu yet, and Peter's who knows where? I can't wait to see what happens next, post again soon, please!
LuckyLadybug chapter 3 . 12/23/2012
Aww, I love Mike's opening monologue. But poor him and Davy, having such mishaps. LOL, the curse that followed a Monkee.

I think my favorite part is Davy waving to Micky without it really processing. And then yay! Two Monkees together again! But poor guys, left in such a situation and not knowing how to reach Peter. And poor Peter.

I'm intrigued to see how this all resolves.
macberly chapter 3 . 12/22/2012
Oh, the poor boys! Well at least Davy and Micky are together! I was afraid poor Davy would get lost in the US somewhere with the exact same problem you had turn up for him! I wonder where Peter will end up and if Mike will get his new train?
MonkeeMidgie chapter 2 . 12/17/2012