Reviews for Footprints Through the Snow
Ennui Enigma chapter 21 . 2/21/2013
Great job! An interesting factoid about playing Yorrick post-mortem. Had no idea :-) Thanks for writing with my prompt!
The only Burbage I'm familiar with is Richard Burbage, an English Actor.
mrspencil chapter 21 . 2/20/2013
Delighted that Shakespeare had the opportunity to be mentioned in your fic:-) I was aware of posthumous donations to play the part and you included that in a very logical manner.

Burbage has a familiar ring to it, but I will resist googling the answer:-)

Nicely done

Ennui Enigma chapter 20 . 2/8/2013
Very darling and sweet piece, my dear! Your perfectionism shines through again on this piece :-) Poor little Alexandra. She has quite a sensible head on her shoulders though. Quite proud of her.

I'm sure Holmes is fond of her in his own way too. I can imagine a bachelor (and one in Victorian times) would have an awkward time knowing what to do with children. His lectures to the little girl are classic!

And, yes, I did like the nod to the Blanched Soldier tale. Nicely written and narrated. Creative as always with your prompts!
mrspencil chapter 20 . 2/7/2013
Nicely done, Holmes is caring without indulging in sentimentality:-)

Ennui Enigma chapter 19 . 1/16/2013
Nicely written piece with more than one poison mentioned. You should get extra credit in that regard!

"The lawful have their way of celebrating; the criminal theirs," replied Holmes - like the wit here :)

These events have quite put me off my feed. - poor Watson!
I'm Nova chapter 19 . 1/15/2013
Beautiful! Indeed, a somehow naive criminal if he thought Sherlock would be ensnared by food...:-)
mrspencil chapter 19 . 1/14/2013
Neatly done; I wasn't aware of the older name for the acid, so thank you,

Ennui Enigma chapter 18 . 1/8/2013
Sad but still with hope and sweetness. A life well lived. One that was full of passion and zest. One cannot feel entirely sad when such a life that has come to full bloom fades, as all such flowers eventually fade and die.

Nicely expressed. I was touched. Makes me want to reach out and give an extra hug to those I love :-)
I'm Nova chapter 18 . 1/8/2013
So very beautiful. I should articulate it better, but that's all that comes to mind.
mrspencil chapter 18 . 1/7/2013
Sad, but very effective from the point of view taken.

Hades Lord of the Dead chapter 17 . 1/7/2013
These responses have been a wonderful mix of humour as well as more serious writing. Thanks for taking part in this challenge! B-D
mrspencil chapter 17 . 1/5/2013
Very grim, but well done, with a neat canon twist at the end:-)

Ennui Enigma chapter 17 . 1/5/2013
I would consider this a superbly completed challenge!

Not really a morbid account though. Suspense-filled. Dramatic. Tragic. Though it reveals the real heart and loyalties of Holmes so it is rather poignant and tender.
In the end, you leave me with a feeling of sweet sadness. Luckily I've read the Empty House :-P
I'm Nova chapter 17 . 1/5/2013
Very, very beautiful. And likely to have happened.
Do not worry about the morbid - with such words, you couldn't do otherwise.
Canon Moriarty was as blind as a bat, though - he didn't realize just sending Watson away, instead of capturing him, meant wasting the best chance he had.
Wordwielder chapter 17 . 1/4/2013