Reviews for In the Paths of Our Forefathers
Very cute!
Rilawa chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Lovely and poignant.
meldahlie chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
I have never heard of 'Inheritance Cycle' before, but this story drew me in, engaged me, enthralled me, and yes, made me cry! To take two characters and a world that are original to a reader, and make that reader totally believe in it - that's brilliant writing. Thank you!
kumar LaVoixDuSud chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
Brilliant and full of emotion. Well done!
middleearthmidget chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
Brilliant-I don't think I've ever seen someone describe Murtagh and Nasuada's peronalities and lives that well.
The Darkest wizard chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
This is a interseting sotry!
Selah Ex Animo chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
My goodness, this is beautiful. So beautiful.

There's so much emotion bound up in your writing style - Murtagh's memories are like "diseased teeth," Nasuada's hands "dry leaves" - so much pain and frailty in both of those descriptions. This was gorgeously written, clear, to the point, and richly evocative.

It hurts when Murtagh wonders if Morzan might have been at least a little proud of him when Murtagh was first born - it's as if he's grasping for that one shred of virtue he believes every person possesses (despite the horror of the situation he's in - he's trying to cope after a brutal experience and you portray this so WELL, both the experience and the helpless way he grasps for any sort of comfort). And I love how you depict his bonding with Thorn, how he takes comfort in his new hatched dragon even as he realizes that Thorn has condemned himself.

I love the way Nasuada's situation both mirrors and stands in stark contrast to Murtagh's - she too follows in her father's footsteps and makes an oath, but both actions are of her own choosing. And yet she is no more her own person that Murtagh is, in a sense - she will be swallowed by the cause she serves, just as Murtagh has been swallowed by the cause he has been coerced into serving. I like that Nasuada acknowledges the way she and Murtagh are similar - the "ironic kinship" (great line, by the way).

The final section, between Nasuada and Ajihad, made me melt - not simply because parent-child relationships make me melt with delight on principle (I always get so invested in them, no matter how briefly they're explored) but because of the whole contrast between Nasuada's relationship with her father and Murtagh's relationship with his (though honestly - there isn't much of that). She's proud to follow in Ajihad's footsteps, and she never had to question his love for her. Murtagh follows in Morzan's footsteps against his will, and he questions if his father ever felt anything but loathing for him. Blah. There goes my heart.

And the smidgen of MurNas that made it in here was utterly delicious, :)
N-Six chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Beautifully written. Very depressing story. And i liked murtagh's part. Welldone keep writing. It would be cool if you wrote one for eragon and arya, it would be good to contrast this story. :)
Restrained.Freedom chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
The full circle effect of this piece was wonderful... even just the first and last lines sum up the entire feel of the moment.