Reviews for Mere Mortals
becs chapter 3 . 8/1/2002
Still a wonderful story. The Eradicator seems like an endlessly interesting character, and I can't see what you do with that, especially after the all-important Kryptonian comes into her picture.
doven chapter 3 . 7/31/2002
Wow. I have been waiting for somebody knowledgeable of the comic-verse to write something along these lines. You're doing an awesome job. I personally don't really think who Clark hooks up with is a real big issue either. I mean, the whole alien thing is interesting enough without a lot of romance.

Yeah so, can't wait to see more chapters! _
Margaret chapter 2 . 7/31/2002
Love the story. I vot for Lex myself! But it is very interesting. Please continue.
becs1 chapter 2 . 7/28/2002
This is a very well-written story. I'm enjoying it very much, and I love each character's point of view. The next chapter promises to be a doozy; the Eradicator is hot on Clark's trail. But I wonder: since the Eradicator only responds to the order of a Kryptonian, and Clark is the 'last son of Krypton', is there a chance that he can inadvertanly order her to hurt someone, and possibly blow his (their) cover? I mean, I have this awful "I Dream of Jeanie"-esque scenerio in my head, where Clark accidently orders something to this oblivious woman. Is that a possibility? Or am I too far into this new continuity? I can't wait for the next installment to find out!
tajo chapter 2 . 7/27/2002
its ridiculous how nicely you write...i really like how you handle the perspectives of the characters that youve used so far and when you...or the way you...omg...too many good things about this fic. keep up the good work. im really loving this!
pyro chapter 2 . 7/27/2002
I love the way you describe the farm's plight from the different perspectives. Very well written, I can't wait for the next bit! :-)
Dante de Troy chapter 2 . 7/27/2002
I'm liking this story a lot, so far. The internal thought processes you show are very heartfelt and real, which is a great quality to show. I also thank you for steering clear of the slash tendencies that seem to dominate a lot of the thoughtful writing on this site.

Eradicator as a woman? Iiiinteresting...

keep writing.
Sfer chapter 2 . 7/27/2002
I like the story so far. Maybe you should consider making a new character for Clark.
Anon chapter 2 . 7/27/2002
I like this and look forward to finding out where you're heading. Do what you want and don't feel pressured to put romance in just because others want it. Superman isn't about romance, for him it happens only incidently. Keep writing.
mel chapter 1 . 7/27/2002
actually i was off daydreaming there..u dont nessassarily have to have any slash..urve got a good story line here and sometimes added spices could ruin it..depends on what you want to do but all things consitered...clark n lexs friendship alone is imagery enough ;) n surly lex is the most equipt to help clark in becoming one of the council..heck, drag the whole gang there :D that *alone* would be worth a chuckle or two..
americangurl15 chapter 1 . 7/27/2002
Luved the 1st chapter... plz. finish!
supergrl chapter 1 . 7/27/2002
Thats an awesome beginning! I can't wait till you've poasted more! I like where it's going.
mel chapter 1 . 7/26/2002
excellent idea to expand on..would like to see a bit of implied(or doing)between clark n lex-face it lex is the only one strong enought on most angles to handle clark!-specially since hes an alien..lana's sooooooo patheticly weak! and chole, well. she'd be alright but she couldnt protect clark when u get right down to it..n quote from another fic i read 'why shouldnt the two most powerful beings on the planet be attracted to one another?'
becs1 chapter 1 . 7/26/2002
Wow. What an amazing start. I love your imagery, and every single alien, representing each of the far and near corners of the galaxy. Since Clark Kent's arrival is inevitable, I can't wait to see his reaction to all of this information at once! Very cool, very imaginative. I can't wait for more!
LaCasta chapter 1 . 7/26/2002