Reviews for Not Optimal
Corwyn chapter 4 . 8/20
I greatly enjoyed this story. notquiteasevilasadvertised!Riddle is a tough genre, and you nailed it. Or rather stillevilbutthatwasjuststupid!Riddle. Thank you for sharing it.
Lamelinam chapter 2 . 7/22
You make Slytherin into the voice of reason, you give him causes for his distrust toward the muggleborn, but I don't agree with some of the thing he said, especially about house elves. Say whatever you want, slavery is bad, and sure, the majority of the elves are happy about their conditions, but the fact is that, if some families wanted to, they could hurt them with total impunity. So I'm not of 14-years-old Hermione's opinion to force freedom on them and make them unhappy and jobless, but I'm of adult Hermione's opinion who worked at the ministry and gave the elves rights and protections if ever the need arises.

Thanks for writing Merope in a kinder way than you did in one of the latest chapter of "Of God Not again !" when Harry was trying to rile up Voldemort. I've always thought she deserves more pity than scorn, and Harry was quite scornful in his words.
Lamelinam chapter 1 . 7/22
Original, very well written, great characterization. I've always wanted to know what Tom might have thought meeting his mother. The "mild dislike bordering on indifference" looks spot on. You really manage to render his coldness and ruthlessness, just as his adult self, without the insanity bit.
Great job !
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 6/11
Excellent! And if Tom can avoid letting Albus goad him into a war, all the better-Dumbledore will have a hard time avoiding retirement if there isn't one.

I like noticing that he thinks a grown man dominating a child is pathetic. (and yet, that's pretty much what Dumbledore has spent most of his life doing at Hogwarts...).

Could you continue this and show us how Tom did things differently and what the results turned out to be?
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 6/1
Godric Gryffindor really doesn't have much to say to people who don't follow the crowd, does he?

'And if you're not exactly like everyone else you're going to turn evil!' Shakes head...
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 5/25
Yes, seeing the Gaunts would make anyone think somewhat differently on the subject of blood purity. Tom is really lucky he's not the son of both Merope and Morfin, frankly, and I think he's realized that.

Salazar has made him think. Whether that is a good thing for the WW or not remains to be seen.
bsflangel chapter 3 . 5/24
We need a cap 5 epilogue!
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 5/20
Of course Dumbledore is know he is.

But Tom doesn't expect anything from his mother; she did desert him, after all, and all the fuss other people make about one doesn't touch him at all.
GuesssWho chapter 4 . 5/1
I think that's a happy ending? Maybe?

GuesssWho chapter 2 . 5/1
Well, there's a bit of uncommon sense.
I find it ironic that both the house ghosts of Gryffindor and Hufflepuff were murdered by muggles - Nicholas after he botched a muggle's requested cosmetic job, and Fat Friar when he was SAVING muggles from measles!
Shattermirror chapter 4 . 2/11
I can only imagine the expression on Tom's face when he realized that 'You-Know-Who' aka Snake Face, was Future Him.
KatzeIason69 chapter 4 . 1/1
this was great :)* i so enjoyed it. you know i really like to read the voldemort a christmas carols but the tom one's are great too.
DrangySmallfoot chapter 4 . 12/21/2014
That was a very interesting Chrismas Carol adaption. And it doesn't end with a proper redemtion... I'm just so very curious what changes Tom will make to the future.
lovemya2000 chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
Review Of Chapter 2 Good Chapter However One Can't Expect To Completely Give Up Their Way Of Life And Completely Integrate. Not Even The Melting Pot Of America. Even Though It's Was Expected Back Then. And In Many Ways The Wizard World I'd Backwoods. Even In Harry Potter Canon In The 90s The Wizard World Seemed Stuck In The Early 20th Century. Even If Muggleborns Spend Little Time In Their Own World Going From Phones And Computers To Owls That Take More Time To Deliver Messages Plus Wizards Refusal To Progress Past The Old Ways Seems Frustrating. Logically Unless You Are A Squib No One Will Expect You To Completely Forget Your Own Heritage Just To Fit In