Reviews for Not Optimal
SilentAttendance chapter 4 . 6/25
Is there a sequel to this? I kinda want to see a future where Toms less likely to become half snake
FindingWarmth chapter 4 . 6/3
Humorous and Sensible. That's what I love about your stories. Ooh, and I can't forget the excellent sarcasm.
Excellent work!
Gioia chapter 4 . 4/24
This was fantastic. I loved the way you demonstrated how Tom had opportunities to make better choices, but he is filled with so much empty disinterst, if not loathing, that he is simply unintersted in becoming a good man. Perhaps the world will be better with this Tom, who realizes that he risks madness and a parasitic existence on this path he has chosen. But whatever occurs, Tom will never be able to claim he didn't know better and had no opportunities to make something good of himself. This free will thing is tough, isn't it?

Well done!
Alex chapter 4 . 3/20
I was expecting Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw, but shadow of death works too
readingaccount chapter 4 . 3/11
Your writing is fantastic! Love this story.
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 3 . 3/7
Heh, Gryffindor made a pun with his feet.
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 1 . 3/7
This Tom is hilarious.
jcampbellohten chapter 4 . 2/28
I like that Tom doesn't turn around and become a good guy. I also like the play on words with "morality" and "mortality."

"He had never been in [the Leaky Cauldron] for longer than it took to get from Muggle London to the Leaky Cauldron but it usually..." I think you mean "from muggle London to Diagon Alley."
There are a few typos since the beginning. For one: in this chapter, "you're parents."
jcampbellohten chapter 2 . 2/28
Okay, the disclaimer makes it clear the answer to my question is "yes."

"'Mr. Gaunt, please!' Ogden said, shocked." I didn't see the narrator mention that "the man's" name was Ogden.
I like the reasonable, moderate Salazar Slytherin.
jcampbellohten chapter 1 . 2/28
You slipped into using present-tense around the point where Tom decides to visit Hagrid.

This is an interesting idea. Is this an Ebenezer Scrooge deal?
Qi Eclipse chapter 4 . 12/8/2015
Becouse Tom's motives are much more complex than simple minded greed
Great well thought out story
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 4 . 11/22/2015
I don't think this intervention worked the way it should have, but I think he'll still end up getting hoisted by his own petard.

Most people are, after all.
Corwyn chapter 4 . 8/20/2015
I greatly enjoyed this story. notquiteasevilasadvertised!Riddle is a tough genre, and you nailed it. Or rather stillevilbutthatwasjuststupid!Riddle. Thank you for sharing it.
Lamelinam chapter 2 . 7/22/2015
You make Slytherin into the voice of reason, you give him causes for his distrust toward the muggleborn, but I don't agree with some of the thing he said, especially about house elves. Say whatever you want, slavery is bad, and sure, the majority of the elves are happy about their conditions, but the fact is that, if some families wanted to, they could hurt them with total impunity. So I'm not of 14-years-old Hermione's opinion to force freedom on them and make them unhappy and jobless, but I'm of adult Hermione's opinion who worked at the ministry and gave the elves rights and protections if ever the need arises.

Thanks for writing Merope in a kinder way than you did in one of the latest chapter of "Of God Not again !" when Harry was trying to rile up Voldemort. I've always thought she deserves more pity than scorn, and Harry was quite scornful in his words.