Reviews for Poaching a prize
McHammy chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
A great story Loopsta - I feel sorry for Virgil. It's a wonder Gordon isn't constantly getting rescued, the amount of trouble he seems to cause!
""…Scott knows, doesn't he?" "Yep."" LOL! Did Gordon honestly think Scott wouldn't find out?!
Sam chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
Amazing!

There can never be enough Gordon in this fandom. (More, please?)
Louise Hargadon chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
There are genuinely no words for how much I love this story. No words. I've spent the entire time flitting between unintelligible squeals and 'agh's and 'meep's and - I just love how you write Gordon. I love it. It's like he's there.

Some stuff I especially loved:

. There was a pool, there was the sea, and there were some pretty gorgeous girls in the room next door to him.
- That's my boy!

. Gordon wasn't sure if it was his military past, International Rescue present or just because he knew what to do, but it was almost too easy to trace their movements
- I love it when he goes all military on people's asses.

. "Just come and get me, Virg, please. I won't prank you for a year."
- A likely story. Really. Nobody's gonna fall for that one - not even Virgil!

. "Just an hour or two, Gordon will never find out and I'll get to feel her properly."
- Is it wrong to feel quite this jealous of Thunderbird Four?!

. Jeff being all "Yeah yeah, great idea, take TB4 out! In fact maybe we should all try using each others 'Birds! Good thinking, Virgil!" and Scott being like "What's Gordon done now and why doesn't he want me to know about it?!" and Virgil being all o.O!

. "Fine…just tell him…"

"That no one here knows and his secret is completely safe with me? Good idea, Scott, will do. Now come on, please help me launch that stupid lump of metal so I can go and save Gordon's ass."
- I actually cheered at that line! Go Virge! I heard it in his voice and everything. It was totally the David Holliday voice rather than the Jeremy Wilkin voice.

. Gordon was a different shape to him
- Yep, all Olympian swimmery and broad shouldered and narrow hipped. *gazes off distractedly*

. Gordon being all "Did you manage to get away without anyone knowing?" and Virgil being all "Yeah yeah yeah, no problems, went without a hitch - you can count on me!" and then Gordon being all "*sigh* Scott knows, doesn't he?!" and Virgil being all sheepish and "Little bit, yeah...!"

. They are hunters, Virg, and there is no way that I'm letting them get their hands on my girl.
- HE CALLS HER 'MY GIRL'! *dies of adorableness*

. Gordon deciding to swim, underwater, in open sea, for TEN MINUTES, to get to TB4 unnoticed. Hell's teeth, the boy's got a pair of lungs on him. This, on its own, is possibly one of the sexiest images in fanfiction. *gazes off distractedly again*

. "F.A.B. Countdown beginning now. You better be here, you moron."
- Virgil's use of the word 'moron' made me actually LOL. Properly. Not even in that "I'm going to write lol because I didn't actually LAUGH but I did that little breathy thing that almost constitutes polite laughter" way. It was a laugh. It was out. And it was loud.

. "What did you do?"

"You don't want to know."
- DeadlyAssassin!Gordon for the actual win here. I would've loved to know what happened to the baddies' boat! Whatever it was, I'm sure his years in military academies, the WASPs and a lifetime of pranking his brothers totally came in useful at that point!

. "One of a kind, that's me."
- Yes he is! And we love him for it. There's no arguing with the uniqueness and general amazingness of the incredible Gee Cooper Tee!

Honestly. One of the best stories I've ever read. It was alive. Loved it beyond all possible comprehension. Thanks so much!

LH xx
quiller chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
Great fun, great action and good interaction between the boys; I especially liked the Scott/Virgil exchange
bubzchoc chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
excellent
thunderbird5 chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
Ooh, what did Gordon do to the boat? I wanna know? This made my day.
Whirlgirl chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
Hooray for the brown eyed brothers! Loved it. Gordon's character is great. Optimistic, caring, and capable. Active is a good sum up of him. Even when he's relaxing there has to be SOMETHING in motion. He's still, but the waves are active. Virgil's easygoing straightforward ways are a good match. He's got a clever story and Scott ain't buyin' it for a second. "Trust me." How they must cringe at those two little words. It's NEVER anything good. Virgils thoughts about the Thunderbirds and how he was sure Four would speed just that much faster as she got closer to her pilot was just so fundamentally Virgil! Lethal Gordy, Channeling his inner Loki. Gordons concern for and rescue of Natures creatures, From violent humans was a switch from the usual Save the Human from Violent Nature scenario. Virge would be the next brother to jump on that bandwagon as well. Loved this story.
Angel-Sue76 chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Great story and I'm sure Bee loved her birthday present. only Gordon could get himself chased by poachers. Love how his only option was Virgil its good to see a story about the bond between those two cos you don't see many like that.

Loved Virgil's excuse to his Dad that was genius but of course Scott didnt buy it. Plus who wouldn't love to be prank free and if it sets Scott up for lots well never mind.

Brilliant story and loved Virgil having to control 4 and all his feelings about it. love ya.
Sam1 chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Aw, Loopsta, you didn't need to thank me again. I had enough thanks just being able to read something before Bee. lol

I really enjoyed that it was Virgil that Gordon called for to save him. I love the interaction of all the brothers but it's nice to see it mixed up a bit. Only Gordon would be caught out doing something like that but I so didn't see the sabotage of the poachers' boat coming. Guess I should have since he's an ornery and devious young man when provoked.

Wonderful little story, Loopsta.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Thank goodness we don't have to poach great stories here, Loopstagirl! Funny, great dialogue, a winner! I truly enjoyed it.
Silver Bee chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
I love it! Thank you. I've had a lovely birthday and this was definitely worth waiting for. All the hints make sense now. Not weird at all - I always love the way you write dialogue between the brothers.

Great writing as always.

Bee
JoTracy123 chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
great story honey. it made me smile at lot well done xx