Reviews for From the Ground Up
rip seer
nevergone4ever chapter 16 . 6/12/2015
RIP OLIVINE U WERE SOOOO DIVINE UGH VELOUR I CANNOT STAND U , RUUUUUDE
nevergone4ever chapter 15 . 6/12/2015
how cute . a 3 person bloodbath . when does the star die (aka olivine u kno what i mean ;) )
nevergone4ever chapter 1 . 3/23/2015
Teddy... I'm going to be honest. When I logged onto my account, my eyes fluttered with excitement - with pure zeal! - when I saw that my favorite up-and-coming story updated. Yes, it was the 13 Games. And, better yet, it was District Two!

Pitter-patter, my heart went. Pitter-patter. I eagerly clicked - once, twice, thrice - on my story alerts, rushing to get to the update chapter. Once I clicked on it, though, I had to pause. I took a deep breathe. I nearly forgot to put my glasses on! After that, I clicked on the second chapter.

I threw my hands out in front of me. I couldn't deal with this, Teddy! The perfection! The flawlessness! The... The ingenuity! It was too hard for me to handle. It still is.

I'm shaking as I write this. Trembling. Quivering. The excitement... Calm down, Sophia. Calm down!

Better yet, you chose Kingston and Sydney as Victors. What. A. Great. Beeping. Decision.

Wait - what? Is that ANOTHER notification on my Facebook status?
Axe Smelling God chapter 5 . 2/13/2015
Front these two tributes I relly liked Adam his story was so sad and heartbreaking. But it was also so sweet and endearing all art he same time and it gave me so many feels.
Axe Smelling God chapter 4 . 2/11/2015
District three may have an actual chance of having another victor and I hope this happens. Robin is the best and I can't help but root for him he is attuned with reality and knows how to work with it. I also like how observant he is with how everyone in his district are basically the same. It's nice to see variety and I can't wait to see more from him.
Axe Smelling God chapter 3 . 2/11/2015
Another interesting group of tributes from district two, the careers seem to have a good different bunch around. I also like to say that Nero seems cool and I like how he has a heart and won't just be merciless and kill. Also we have another tribute with a victor parent and not just any parent and the first victor ever. That is a lot to put on someone's shoulder to be the child of the first victor and the person who created the first group of careers it's crazy.
Axe Smelling God chapter 2 . 2/11/2015
Both of these tributes seem like typical district one tributes especially Velour and I have always loved that name it makes her seem like royalty in a way. I like the backstory that Cove had with his parents, it sucks he has to put a facade on for his father to truly accept him as his son. I also see his willingness to see different culture as refreshing.
Axe Smelling God chapter 1 . 2/11/2015
This was a great prologue, I like the idea of a female game amber, I see her as spontaneous and she is willing to do whatever she has too, to show that she will be a contender as a gamemaker.
Also these tributes seem really strong and I can't wait to see how you'll break them :)
President Snowflake chapter 2 . 9/30/2014
Finished the first reaping! I must say, I do appreciate that you do a district a chapter - it makes it a lot easier to keep track of and remember the tributes :)

Cove: I like him a lot! He's definitely not a typical Career, and I really enjoy his sense of humour. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how long he'll last in the Games. Hopefully a long time! I don't want him to die, but I'm worried if he doesn't take things seriously enough, he might. I love that he's the son of two victors from different districts though, I've never seen that before and it's a really unique idea!

Velour: I absolutely love the way you wrote her, it really showed off what I've always thought of as the sort of "typical" District 1 life. She's just so ridiculously rich and pampered, it was great to read :) As a character, I can't say I'm particularly fond of her, and I don't think she'll get very far in the Games, but her POV was very entertaining to read!
President Snowflake chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
I love the character you've created for the Head Gamemaker! She's not sadistic, like they often tend to be, she just really wants to do well at her job. I'm also very excited to see the arena! From the cover photo, I'm guessing a large greenhouse of some kind? That's so cool :D Normally I would check out the blog and do a full review of my opinions on the tributes, but I see that this story is completed and I figure the blog might have spoilers on it, so I won't do that yet. I'll just have to read on to see the tributes!

Anyways, I loved your writing for this chapter and can't wait to read on!
help me please chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
I am the fluffiest blue ninja of all time. And yeah, I'm blunt.
Gloss66 chapter 25 . 12/23/2013
I've finally finished this story. Hope I'm not too late with this :P

Who were your favorite characters in this story?
Cove Barley (D1)

Favorite District partner:
Cove and Velour (D1)
Harley and Ivonette (D6)
Tobias and Seer (D7)

Most memorable moment: [This is going to be all over the place]
Seer killing Tobias; Ivonette and Velour's fight; Cama and Lyra's fight

Who do I think the Victor would be?
Cove, Robin, or Asher.
I am content with the Victor, although it would have been nice to see either Cove or Robin win.
fromthegroundup chapter 25 . 12/7/2013
asher wasnt who i was expecting to win, but i think he was a nice choice for a victor. i would have liked either seer or robin to win, but d10 needed another victor even though wolfram won the year before. i think it was a nice thing to do and it shows that districts can win consecutively and they have as good as chances as anyone else.

my favorite characters were probably amelie, amara, seer, and robin
PretentiousScholar chapter 21 . 12/1/2013
this it i swear

Ivonette, yes. She reflected on Harley's death and everything. It was nice, since you saw a new side to her and she brought out something new in her character, thanks to Harley. It was a nice perspective shift, but then towards the end, she's back to her normal self. Loved the thoughts on Velour too, since the two of them were some of the most dynamic tributes.

Robin. I forgot how he used to be and everything, since this was a while ago. He changed so much and he came such a far way from what he was. The fight between Cama and Lyra was so intense. I'm glad it was him who viewed it, so it wasn't biased or leaned towards one person. I know you did the same kill-one-kill-the-other type fight with Velour and Ivonette, but both of them were great. I loved that cactus thing too, I could imagine what that would look like. His last line was great, since he used their fight to question himself.

Asher! Well he wins.. so?
Poor Lyra; Asher could've helped, yes, but he didn't. It says a lot about him, and even Amelie. His and Amelie's relationship was really brought together here. Then the kiss, that was nice. Romance isn't always good or necessary for me, but it wasn't really a relationship like a boyfriend-girlfriend type one. They were more than friends, and once they kissed, it all changed for both of them.

k